• Tampa

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Portland

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Hey they had Portland listed and Oregon would have an advantage if the games were there. So kiddingly I posted CT.
I actually thought it is an interesting point (lack of NY area) - although I do think the FF was in Boston some years back. In fact, I'm sure of it, because we went to a high school game that was associated with it.

As to Portland, I must say that many years ago (2000, to be exact) Rutgers played in the Regional there (beat Georgia) and it was a really nice city and atmosphere.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I actually thought it is an interesting point (lack of NY area) - although I do think the FF was in Boston some years back. In fact, I'm sure of it, because we went to a high school game that was associated with it.

As to Portland, I must say that many years ago (2000, to be exact) Rutgers played in the Regional there (beat Georgia) and it was a really nice city and atmosphere.

2006 Final Four Boston...... no northeastern teams involved.... I'll have no more to say about that Boston Final 4. Just hope they never get one again.

Reaction Score
2006 Final Four Boston...... no northeastern teams involved.... I'll have no more to say about that Boston Final 4. Just hope they never get one again.

Boston is expensive. Horrible traffic. And parking sucks. Went to a sox game and we had to park almost 2 miles away and pay $30.00.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Thanks for the year - It was Cappie Pondexter's senior year at Rutgers, and they did a game for seniors as part of the Final Four festivities - at a local college arena. We went - it isn't all that far from Rutgers.

Our only Final Fours have been Charlotte in the mid-'90's and the 2 that Rutgers was in - Philadelphia in 2000 and Cleveland in '07. We have also been to 2 Women's College World Series, don't know the exact years. One was in the mid '90's and I think UCLA won in the old format, the other was in the early teens after we moved to Arizona. The next year we cancelled due to excessive tornado activity and then my wife's health deteriorated.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Personally, I am ok with the south, southeast, southwest, west and northwest all getting to host the FF as that way, they actually get to see UConn and good basketball AND FULL ARENA's! We in Connecticut have already experienced this. Just stop holding in the Midwest as it's still cold and the fans bases are fickle...:rolleyes:;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom