PHO-LA Quick Recap | The Boneyard

PHO-LA Quick Recap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Phoenix had Diana Taurasi and LA didn't.

But LA had League MVP Candace Parker...what happened? Guess she rested on her laurels last night...UConn beats the LV's yet again!!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
LOL. But wait, she wasn't even in the top 5 in the MVP balloting.

Reaction Score
Diana was about as cold last night as Toliver was the first game. This is a good series. The third game should be great watching. Interesting how each team has won on the road and lost at home.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I didn't get to see the game but based on the box score I can see that Bonner and DT going a combined 0-11 from three point range had to be a major factor in the loss. LA went 0-14 in game 1 and lost and Phoenix went 1-14 in game 2 and lost. Live by the 3 and die by the 3.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Scary thing, ETT, is that the LA-PHX game was a thing of beauty, shooting-wise, compared to the DC-ATL game. Those two teams, combined, shot 39 for 127, a rousing 30.7%. When a team (ATL) has three players with double-digit rebounds, you know that the opponent can't hit anything. Ugly!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Scary thing, ETT, is that the LA-PHX game was a thing of beauty, shooting-wise, compared to the DC-ATL game. Those two teams, combined, shot 39 for 127, a rousing 30.7%. When a team (ATL) has three players with double-digit rebounds, you know that the opponent can't hit anything. Ugly!

I'm glad I missed that one. For some reason, that series holds no interest for me.

I am hoping that Phoenix can pull off another win in LA. I hope that Phoenix goes back to high percentage shots and doesn't jack up the first long range shot that is offered up. They look much better when they get into the pain.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Griner made the winning shot over Parker! I thought was a nice touch!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Terrific game. 2 talented teams battling to the end. Of course the right team won - DT and Charde move on to fight another day. Atlanta vs. Indiana will be interesting on the other side. Chicago needs to head back to the drawing board and work out some issues.

I will admit I felt no small amount of satisfaction seeing the league MVP unable to get her uber-talented team past the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom