Phil Nolan | The Boneyard

Phil Nolan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Inexplicably tough year for the kid. He wasn't alone in that regard, I guess. But it was nice for him to put some points on the board and show a bit more of what he can bring to the table.

More importantly, I think I finally figured out why he struggles to finish around the hoop: I'm not convinced he knows that it's legal to use the backboard. He might think it's out of bounds. I've never seen someone airball so many bunnies from two feet and it's because he never, ever uses the backboard.

If someone gets a message to him that you can use the backboard to make your shot easier I'll move him back into the lottery in Scrappy's mock draft.

Reaction Score
They talked about his "feet" having an issue during the year and he was fighting through it. He still seemed to be running funny and had a couple of moments where there seemed to be pain. I think it was bothering him all year, I could be wrong. No matter he played well at the end of the season and I also was happy for him to get some points and finish with a positive thought heading into his senior year. His little baseline jumper was gold the last few games LOL

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Nolan has regained his form as a serviceable post player at this level of basketball. Hopefully he can keep this up and not regress during the offseason as he seemed to last year.

Reaction Score
I think his ballerina moves under the basket makes him dizzy and confuses his rim awareness.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He's a junior averaging one point and less than two rebounds over 15 minutes per game.

The front court is a major problem right now.

Reaction Score
He's a junior averaging one point and less than two rebounds over 15 minutes per game.

The front court is a major problem right now.

You always ruin a good thing with your BS stats. Cut the crap!

Reaction Score
They talked about his "feet" having an issue during the year and he was fighting through it. He still seemed to be running funny and had a couple of moments where there seemed to be pain. I think it was bothering him all year, I could be wrong. No matter he played well at the end of the season and I also was happy for him to get some points and finish with a positive thought heading into his senior year. His little baseline jumper was gold the last few games LOL

FWIW, he was wearing a walking boot last Friday. Definitely don't think he's completely healthy.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
In the past two games, both home losses, our two-headed center combo grabbed a grand total of seven rebounds in 91 minutes.

Nolan and Brimah are simply not good enough right now.

Reaction Score
Please watch that drive by ASU to put them up 5 in the final seconds while Nolan was in. The guy literally just stood there like an inanimate object while the guy drove in for the go ahead score.... Brimah is a shot blocker and I am all for that, but for the love of god we need a front court that can eat glass.

Reaction Score
Yeah he had a rough year. But without out his defense in the tournament last year, we'd still be looking for title #4.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Please watch that drive by ASU to put them up 5 in the final seconds while Nolan was in. The guy literally just stood there like an inanimate object while the guy drove in for the go ahead score.... Brimah is a shot blocker and I am all for that, but for the love of god we need a front court that can eat glass.
Agreed. I came the closest I have ever to throw a glass through my tv after that play. It should have either been a blocked shot or at least a hard foul, not poising for the Statue of Liberty.

Reaction Score
If I had a dollar for every thread made talking about Phil Nolan throughout this season I'd be a rich man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom