Phil Knight Tourney | The Boneyard

Phil Knight Tourney

Reaction Score
Nice field for this event Thanksgiving weekend; hopefully we can see a UConn/Iowa finale on Sunday!

Saw your non-conference schedule...pretty brutal. Hawks have two Top Ten opponents in NC State and Iowa State, plus a 3rd if we meet in November. Also play at K-State.

Good news for Iowa is pretty much everyone returns, but that's sorta the bad news too. Most Hawk fans were hopeful we'd land an athletic wing via the portal, but no such luck. Did sign 5'7" Molly Davis from Central Michigan; should provide Caitlin some relief at the point.

End of last year definitely a disappointment losing at home to Creighton in front of a sellout crowd. Crowd seemed to cause them to play tight rather than intimidate the Bluejays. Hopefully a learning experience.

Here's to both teams for successful and injury-free seasons!

Reaction Score
Here is the broadcast schedule (Eastern Times)

2022 Phil Knight Legacy Schedule – WOMEN

DateTime (ET)Matchup/EventNetworkArena
Fri, Nov. 255:30 p.m.UConn vs. DukeESPN2 or ESPNUChiles Center
8 p.m.Iowa vs. Oregon StateESPNUChiles Center
Sun, Nov. 271 p.m.Championship GameABCModa Center
10 p.m.Third Place GameESPN2Veterans Memorial Coliseum

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
That means a local time on Sunday for the championship game of 10:00 AM...yikes!

Is there NO TV coverage of the women's games?

Reaction Score
That means a local time on Sunday for the championship game of 10:00 AM...yikes!

Is there NO TV coverage of the women's games?
There is, @LoTrader laid it out pretty well in his post, third post above.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Thanks...completely missed it. And Thank Heavens[!] we get to see some early hints how good we are against quality teams.

Reaction Score
All would think that
1658840744750.png
would be the first or one of the first people to bring such good news; instead, s/he's running around with other 'facts'. Just saying the obvious. Looking forward to see one of my favourite coaches on the sideline-- smart against smart.

Reaction Score
According to LoTrader's post, game time is 1 PM Eastern Time.
I am pretty sure it’s 1 PM PT (local OR time) and 10 AM ET. Confusing to me as well, I had to triple check.

Edit: actually i stand corrected! I had to quadruple check. and you are correct it’s 1 PM ET and 10 AM PT (local game). that is odd to play a championship game so early!

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If it were up to me, I would have put the 4 flagships in one bracket, and the 3 Land Grants along with the Private school in the other bracket. I know UConn is both the Flagship and a Land Grant, but you can't put the Flagship school of NC in the same bracket as Duke since they are in the same conference. But anyway, what's done is done.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
If it were up to me, I would have put the 4 flagships in one bracket, and the 3 Land Grants along with the Private school in the other bracket. I know UConn is both the Flagship and a Land Grant, but you can't put the Flagship school of NC in the same bracket as Duke since they are in the same conference. But anyway, what's done is done.
North Carolina and Duke are not in the same bracket because there are two different tournaments going on. The Legacy tournament has UConn, Duke, Oregon State, and Iowa. North Carolina is in the PK tournament.

Reaction Score
North Carolina and Duke are not in the same bracket because there are two different tournaments going on. The Legacy tournament has UConn, Duke, Oregon State, and Iowa. North Carolina is in the PK tournament.
You're missing the joke. If the brackets were set up as outlined by Triad, Duke avoids UConn entirely and UNC would likely be UConn's opponent. ;)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
If UConn gets by Duke and plays in the PK final that will mean playing 2 consecutive Sunday afternoon games on ABC. The Huskies play at ND on Dec 4 and that game will also be broadcast on ABC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom