PF Mamadou Diarra (Signed LOI on 11/14) | Page 19 | The Boneyard

PF Mamadou Diarra (Signed LOI on 11/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He is 4 stars already. ESPN had tweets from Goodman and Borwell mentioning that. If continues to improve and has a great summer he may jump way up, we'll see. No matter, a great get and a perfect fit for KO.

"...he's the coach I want to play for" :D

C'mon terry join the winning party!

He is 3 stars on Rivals, Scout and 247. I'm not sure if any of them have seen Diarra play recently, though. As ace said, Corey Evans has been singing his praises, and Corey was the first to notice Enoch before he had any legit interest.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You know the funny thing about part 2? They are ok with that here in Richmond. Its like a huge achievement, almost as good as winning a championship. If VCU would have won a chip, it would have sustained them for centuries.

I won't take anything away from on that front - making the Final Four is a huge deal, especially as a mid-major.

But as it pertains to them and us....we made the same Final Four and went 2-0 that weekend.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
You know the funny thing about part 2? They are ok with that here in Richmond. Its like a huge achievement, almost as good as winning a championship. If VCU would have won a chip, it would have sustained them for centuries.
The thing is, they should be. For VCU, making the Final Four is beyond what they could ever realistically hope for. It's a really small list of schools in their position that have been that far.
The problem is, it got them thinking they were something they weren't. And now they have no fallback with their coach/savior gone.

Reaction Score
Diarra will fill an immediate hole with Miller and Nolan graduating in 2016. Really like his frame with room to fill out and always like getting local kids. He has a chance to provide some muscle to the PF position that this team has missed for a while.

Reaction Score
The thing is, they should be. For VCU, making the Final Four is beyond what they could ever realistically hope for. It's a really small list of schools in their position that have been that far.
The problem is, it got them thinking they were something they weren't. And now they have no fallback with their coach/savior gone.
I actually think Wade is a really good coach, and certainly does better schooling his team's offense than Shaka. VCU will still be one of the A-10's best programs.

He won't be recruiting many top-100 kids, tho. We've probably seen the last of them on the recruiting trail.

Reaction Score
One down for 2016. Do we back off Jones now? I doubt we have room for both of them since they both play the 4.
We'll actually have a ton of scholarships open in 2016 and 2017, and aren't (as of now) recruiting any 2017 PFs particularly hard. So there's still a chance we could land Jones.

But yeah, he does seem like surplus goods given that we've now got Enoch & Diarra at that spot.

Reaction Score
I actually think Wade is a really good coach, and certainly does better schooling his team's offense than Shaka. VCU will still be one of the A-10's best programs.

He won't be recruiting many top-100 kids, tho. We've probably seen the last of them on the recruiting trail.

If they keep winning, they'll keep getting good kids. Not at the rate that Shaka got them, because he's a special case when it comes to recruiting, but Wade should be fine there. I'd expect them to be one of the better schools in the A-10 going forward.

Reaction Score
An Enoch, Diarra front court in 2017 would be on the shorter side but would be explosive. Veryexcitingstartforthe2016class.giffff

Reaction Score
http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/

Funny story Diarra told about playing with Amida Brimah during a recent visit to UConn:

“I was trying to figure out why Daniel Hamilton was leading the team in rebounding, and not Brimah. I was on (Brimah's) team, he blocked a shot, the ball was right next to him. He’s looking at me, waiting for me to get the ball, and I was like, ‘That’s your rebond, man.’”
Interesting, even though a pickup game, but this guy has good hands and strength which is something that has not been Amida's forte. Hopefully that will be improved this upcoming season.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Per Ostrout tweet: Hamidou Diallo said if he were to commit today it would be UConn adding "that's justright now"

The good news continues to flow!!!!

From the very little video I have seen, this young man (i.e. Diallo) looks REALLY good and when have highlight videos ever lied? In any case, nice to hear this rather than the "who is recruiting you the hardest" nonsense.

Reaction Score
Wow a possible incoming 2016 class of Diarra, Larrier, Gilbert, and Kegler/VJ King. Ollie is getting it done.

Reaction Score
An Enoch, Diarra front court in 2017 would be on the shorter side but would be explosive. Veryexcitingstartforthe2016class.giffff

And hopefully Zach Brown. But if not, I'd be completely fine with a Diarra-Enoch front court in 2017.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
@Dove I've now got Arrow in Pandora.

Nice! I wore that cassette out in the late 80s. Never found a replacement.

Now on to...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/

Funny story Diarra told about playing with Amida Brimah during a recent visit to UConn:

“I was trying to figure out why Daniel Hamilton was leading the team in rebounding, and not Brimah. I was on (Brimah's) team, he blocked a shot, the ball was right next to him. He’s looking at me, waiting for me to get the ball, and I was like, ‘That’s your rebond, man.’”
for what its worth tcf, you are killing it on twitter today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom