PF/C Juwan Durham (Signed LOI on 11/11) | Page 12 | The Boneyard

PF/C Juwan Durham (Signed LOI on 11/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Me likey. He moves real well for a guy his size. That length/face-up game is going to cause some issues for ur opponents. His legs look crazy skinny but a season with s&c crew should help.

Reaction Score
He looks like a 5 star to me, can't remember the last guy we brought in at that height who could handle like that. I've resigned myself to us never getting a beefy center coming into college with post moves. We are going to be crazy athletic next year with players like Durham, Larrier, Adams, Gilbert, Diarra, and hopefully Diallo.
Andre had those handles in high school, but it's against high school teams, Durham won't be dribbling too much here just as Andre didn't

Reaction Score
This is great! I can't wait to see him play down here in Florida. I know it gets silly comparing kids games but here's my take. In the 90's I coached with an AAU program in the North East. The most dominant player I watched was Tim Thomas and this kid has the same skill set. I can't believe the way this went down.

Reaction Score
Being asking around and most recruiting guru's (or they say they are) that I talk with would guess he would be a top 20 kid and 5 stars if he did not get hurt. Also say he has a huge ceiling
Thanks for doing the work. If I recall correctly, he was ranked between 15 and 20 prior to the injury, so he's definitely got major, major upside. If he can get back on the court later this month and be back at full strength by the time the HS season starts, he could definitely climb back up there.

Reaction Score
Being asking around and most recruiting guru's (or they say they are) that I talk with would guess he would be a top 20 kid and 5 stars if he did not get hurt. Also say he has a huge ceiling
Yeah on 247 it looks like he was ranked around 17-18 at the end of April, it doesn't say if it was this past April or the one before it though

Reaction Score
"I think UConn is getting a steal," Fair said. "The kid kind of fell under the radar because of his ACL tear. He has good size at 6-10 and his athleticism and had a great year in high school before he got hurt. He was hitting his stride."

"I think they snuck into Florida and got an absolute steal."

Durham is currently regarded as a five-star prospect and is ranked No. 27 overall in the 2016 recruiting class.

http://www.scout.com/college/basket...43-five-star-pf-juwan-durham-commits-to-uconn

Reaction Score
He has great length And intriguingly skilled ... The guy looks like a walking bucket . A bit like enoch but more talented with better length . Honestly I see him on par with Giles ...think another poster made that comp and it's on point.

Reaction Score
It's going to be fun watching people read too much into that tweet
Even more fun now. Just look at the extent to which the DOOMED epidemic has spread

I hate to say it's hard not to read "too much" into it.
Asked Jerry Meyers about it.....

@jerrymeyer247: @TSpagnola certainly doesn't read as encouraging

Hmmmmm
Well that sucks, I really want Durham in a Husky jersey.
Well this idea was fun while it lasted.
He couldn't wait to get home? Sure sounds like he enjoyed himself...

derp-dictionary.jpg

Reaction Score
This is crazy I was talking to my brother on the phone and looking through stuff on the BY and also work related emails. Went to the BY nothing there but the usual then email at my company then Hartford Courant when I yelled out "Holy " and my brother said what? I saw the article on the Courant before I went back to the BY and was elated - wow this is great news and I like his game.

Trying to tell my brother who he plays and looks like and I blurted out "a HS young Charles Smith" from Harding/Pitt. Love his game

On a business trip in Seattle and have been peeking at the boneyard in between presentations and when I saw this I was like holy (quiet) . Need to sneak to the bathroom so I can get on the yard! Can't let work get in the way of this celebration!

Reaction Score
ESPN says DeAndre Daniels part II:
Who he reminds us of: Durham reminds us of long, lean and skilled former Connecticut forward DeAndre Daniels. Same body type, scoring package and both loaded with untapped potential as incoming freshmen.

Reaction Score
No, first you have to have sex with three of your first cousins, then you have to hire a slimeball coach. THEN you can feel like KY.

It's late, I'm tired, so help me out here... are we talking about KY jelly or KY basketball?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I agree that Durham is the better prospect, but Bradley is the better center prospect. I'd love to bring in a true center who doesn't need to gain 30 pounds.

With Durham, what really impresses me is his hands, his footwork, and his finishing. I think he's going to be a really outstanding player. The play he makes at 1:10 is incredibly for a guy his size, and he never looks out of control with the ball.

Huge hands, combined with playing at altitude is a lethal combination.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Donyell Marshall, Deandre Daniels are nice comps.

I'm going with a right-handed Walter Berry.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
He looks like a really great prospect. Great quickness, touch, can lead the break, and can handle some contact even though he is skinny as a rail (for now). I wish there was a game tape where we could see his good and bad plays, as well as more of his jumpshots. Hard to tell how good of a shooter he can be from more that 10 feet away from that video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom