PF/C Juwan Durham (Signed LOI on 11/11) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

PF/C Juwan Durham (Signed LOI on 11/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
It's demoralizing to play before an empty gym. Everybody needs motivation. Attendance matters.

Reaction Score
It's demoralizing to play before an empty gym. Everybody needs motivation. Attendance matters.
to be fair........................and playing at east carolina on new years eve isnt demoralizing?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
to be fair....and playing at east carolina on new years eve isnt demoralizing?
It really depends doesn't it?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
to be fair....and playing at east carolina on new years eve isnt demoralizing?
Sorry. Had to cut my explanation short. Certainly going to any arena with low attendance has the potential to impact the excitement level of a game. But it seems to me players on teams with a rabid fan base attending their home games and then going to a visitors arena with low attendance will derive immense satisfaction in their choice of schools. The exact opposite will be the case for a player who attends Miami for example. It has to be disheartening to go to Ville, or UNC or Cuse and see screaming fans on the road and then come home to an empty arena.

Reaction Score
Can't wait for Juwan to go home, sit and discuss with his parents how good the ice cream was as well as the camaraderie surrounding the program, then call KO to say Miami is out UConn is in!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Can't wait for Juwan to go home, sit and discuss with his parents how good the ice cream was as well os the camaraderie surrounding the program, then call KO to say Miami is out UConn is in!
It I'm KO I'm telling Juwan all about Katrina, New Orleans and how Miami just dodged a hurricane bullet!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It I'm KO I'm telling Juwan all about Katrina, New Orleans and how Miami just dodged a hurricane bullet!

If I'm Kevin Ollie, I avoid any mention of weather.

There is this thing called winter...

But we couldn't have done any better weather-wise yesterday. Surely the kid notices that you can go outside here in August and not have it be a near-fatal event like it is in Florida.

Reaction Score
Of course they do. Kids want to play in Rupp, Cameron Indoor, the Phog, etc for a reason.

Those also may be the three best programs in the sport. All I'm saying that I think attendance and fan support are on the lower end of the list for most of these guys. If Durham like Larranaga and Miami for whatever reason, I don't think poor fan support is going to be a big deterrent for signing there.

Reaction Score
Asked Jerry Meyers about it.....

@jerrymeyer247: @TSpagnola certainly doesn't read as encouraging

Hmmmmm

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
The fact that a kid as talented and highly regarded as Juwan is even considering a trash school like Miami so closely should tell you one major thing, that being close to home is important for him, and theres nothing wrong with that. But it is certainly telling in regards to us being in the chase, not in the lead.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I've been glad to be home from great vacations.
He is a kid who was happy to be home. Maybe it means something, maybe it doesn't. (And he didn't say he couldn't wait to get home.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom