Pets (and RIP my dear Pepper) and your favorite pet stories | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Pets (and RIP my dear Pepper) and your favorite pet stories

Reaction Score
Guess I was right to cherish the most moments. My amber collapsed this morning and had trouble breathing. Finally got her in to the vets and the news isn’t good. Kidneys may be weakening as well as a mass on the spleen. Inevitable decision looming way too early for me damn this hit too fast. I’m a mess admittedly.
Very sorry to hear this. I feel for you. It's been almost two weeks since we lost Bogey. I don't think we will ever get over it.

Reaction Score
Very sorry to hear this. I feel for you. It's been almost two weeks since we lost Bogey. I don't think we will ever get over it.

I am so sorry about Bogey and certainly, while not there yet, understand the impact of the loss. It's incredible what they have done for us without much more than loyalty, tail wags and companionship. I'm cherishing EVERY moment, my golf partners now understand how much she means to me.

Reaction Score
It is said when you you bring home a cat or dog, you are bringing home a little tragedy. And having brought home many pets I know this is true. Losing them is a horrible moment but they give you a lifetime of love and enrichment that lasts forever. All a person can do is make them feel safe and loved and appreciate the time you share. But in all it one thing is absolutlely true. Life is better with the little guys than without them.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
24103F7C-D1D7-4C63-8E44-55243EF78F97.jpeg
Guys it’s okay. I’m creating infinity potion for cats and dogs because these two aren’t allowed to ever leave.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
View attachment 45797 Guys it’s okay. I’m creating infinity potion for cats and dogs because these two aren’t allowed to ever leave.
Like the collar!

That's quite a mix on the dog. Any idea what the (prominent) breed's are?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Guess I was right to cherish the most moments. My amber collapsed this morning and had trouble breathing. Finally got her in to the vets and the news isn’t good. Kidneys may be weakening as well as a mass on the spleen. Inevitable decision looming way too early for me damn this hit too fast. I’m a mess admittedly.
Really sorry to hear this mau.

Reaction Score
I still miss my cat from when I was growing up. That cat was a cold-blooded assassin, one time leaving 5 dead and partially digested mice on the front porch as the guests were leaving a party my mom was throwing. Another time the cat snatched a rare bird off a bird feeder that was over 6 feet off the ground in front of a picture window in our kitchen. All I saw was the cat's paw grabbing the bird off the feeder so I don't know how a 10 year old cat got over 6 feet off the ground to get the bird.

Now I am paying $500 a year for exterminators but still occasionally get a mouse in the house. When I was growing up, my cat kept our house mouse-free for a $3 box of Meow Mix every month.
Cat's leaving dead animals is a sign of affection and respect. Your cat must have really loved you.j
We had a maine coon when I was a kid. He was small for a main coon cat, but had gigantic paws. One evening I looked out our den window as it was getting dark. Samson, the cat, leapt off of my dad's chevy blazer and sliced the wing of a bat. The bat looked like a fighter jet the way it went down and crashed in the driveway. Samson then finished him off, picked him and up and deposited him into my dad's workboot outside our door leading to the garage.

Reaction Score
Cat's leaving dead animals is a sign of affection and respect. Your cat must have really loved you.j
We had a maine coon when I was a kid. He was small for a main coon cat, but had gigantic paws. One evening I looked out our den window as it was getting dark. Samson, the cat, leapt off of my dad's chevy blazer and sliced the wing of a bat. The bat looked like a fighter jet the way it went down and crashed in the driveway. Samson then finished him off, picked him and up and deposited him into my dad's workboot outside our door leading to the garage.

That is impressive. I believe there is a measue of bragging when they leave a little gift like that. Every time I hear someone say that humans are the only animal that hunts for sport, I think, they don't have a cat.

Reaction Score

Well this thread was started for me I guess. Well for my Amber actually. Lost her this evening as we had an in home assistance at 9:30 pm which was expedited by a couple bad days of not eating and more signs we needed to watch for. Thank you amber for just short of 16 years of true love, companionship and pure loyalty I miss her like hell already.

RIP my baby girl:(

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Well this thread was started for me I guess. Well for my Amber actually. Lost her this evening as we had an in home assistance at 9:30 pm which was expedited by a couple bad days of not eating and more signs we needed to watch for. Thank you amber for just short of 16 years of true love, companionship and pure loyalty I miss her like hell already.

Tough few nights for you and a few tough days to follow. Sorry for your loss. It'll hurt for a bit.

This is a good thread for me to read this week as even though I've been down that road before more than once, it's easy to forget. This week my current mutt is being a complete balloon knot about ignoring commands, so I need to step back and remember that when he passes a few years from now, that time when he ate the burger off my plate when I turned my back last weekend will be remembered as a cute story and not one that infuriated me.

Eventually you'll get another dog because you should. They bring love and you sound like a good dog owner. But don't get a Golden Retriever/Great Pyrennes mix. Stupidest designer breed ever. No wonder they're all over the place for adoption.

Reaction Score

Sorry for your loss. I swear I don't go 2 hours with out thinking of; or missing; or being reminded of my Big Boy ...

Reaction Score
I'm really sorry to hear this. I feel for you and dread when I'm in the position to make the same decision.

It was the absolute worst decision I have ever made yesterday I can't even explain. It hurts bad the day after as I type this CL82, just awful.

Reaction Score
Sorry for your loss. I swear I don't go 2 hours with out thinking of; or missing; or being reminded of my Big Boy ...

I'm with you on this Imdone. I am working from home thank God because I would've been a mess out in the business world today, but I'm not getting any of the rituals I am used to and it hurts. I tear up on some of them and all out cry on others. She didn't get up with me to let her out and feed her, didn't beg for peanut butter as I made my English Muffin, isn't behind me in her bed in my home office. I expect to swing my chair around and say "what's up kiddo" and pet her and kiss her. Bad bad day its amazing the love they do bring to us isn't it? I know I won't be able to play music when driving around for a really long time, unless its serious rock. This stings like never before.

Take care, thoughts to you and your family as well as everyone else on this thread Travelman etc etc I had no idea what was coming. Miss the crap out of her.:(

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Really sorry for your loss mau. There is nothing I can say that will take away the pain. The loss of love sucks. Two years I refused to get another pet because the pain of losing my dog was so strong I would lose my breath thinking about her.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It was the absolute worst decision I have ever made yesterday I can't even explain. It hurts bad the day after as I type this CL82, just awful.
I'll bet. Just thinking about having to do that with my dog down the road is depressing. Hey, again, my heart absolutely goes out to you. People who aren't dog owners can't fully appreciate the selflessness, devotion and unconditional love that dogs bring to a household. I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision but it sounds like it was the right one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom