Petition at 400 & counting. Now... | The Boneyard

Petition at 400 & counting. Now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Boneyarders!

We're at 400. Lets get 100 more and whoever has Twitter, ESPECIALLY if we beat Georgetown tonight, maybe Tweet Michael Wilbon (@realmikewilbon) from ESPN's "Pardon the Interruption". I've tried before with no luck, however if he gets 150 tweets all about the same thing, maybe we could get Wilbon and Kornheizer to discuss it on PTI tomorrow. Again, IF we win tonight, I'm sure it will be a topic of discussion on their show tomorrow, so lets get the petition a small shout out in that topic. We need lots of people to tweet him though so he knows it's legit, not just 1 person who could be spamming him. #BLEEDBLUE!

Lets bring up the momentum in the 2nd half and smash the Hoyas! GO UCONN!!

http://www.change.org/petitions/nat...ciation-ncaa-overturn-ban-on-uconn-basketball

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Wouldn't it be easier to go sit on campus and get thousands of signatures in about 5 minutes?

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
Wouldn't it be easier to go sit on campus and get thousands of signatures in about 5 minutes?
Actually that's a great idea. Walk around campus with a tablet computer instead of a clipboard, but same concept.

Reaction Score
Actually that's a great idea. Walk around campus with a tablet computer instead of a clipboard, but same concept.
I would love to do that, but I currently live in LA, but if anyone knows people on campus, lets make it happen.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Boneyarders!

We're at 400. Lets get 100 more and whoever has Twitter, ESPECIALLY if we beat Georgetown tonight, maybe Tweet Michael Wilbon (@realmikewilbon) from ESPN's "Pardon the Interruption". I've tried before with no luck, however if he gets 150 tweets all about the same thing, maybe we could get Wilbon and Kornheizer to discuss it on PTI tomorrow. Again, IF we win tonight, I'm sure it will be a topic of discussion on their show tomorrow, so lets get the petition a small shout out in that topic. We need lots of people to tweet him though so he knows it's legit, not just 1 person who could be spamming him. #BLEEDBLUE!

Lets bring up the momentum in the 2nd half and smash the Hoyas! GO UCONN!!

http://www.change.org/petitions/nat...ciation-ncaa-overturn-ban-on-uconn-basketball
Have you put this on your facebook? And on the boneyard facebook page? Easy way to spread it. Ask your uconn fan facebook friends to repost it - they have friends, etc etc.

Reaction Score
Have you put this on your facebook? And on the boneyard facebook page? Easy way to spread it. Ask your uconn fan facebook friends to repost it - they have friends, etc etc.
Facebook, Twitter, tweeted lots of ESPN talent, CT news writers and news stations. Just need more people sharing it and someone in the media to help make it public.

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing. If this thing is handled the right way, its possible it can have 10,000 signatures by the weekend. Anybody on here thats a current student, make this known to everyone on campus...tell everybody you possibly can, friends, enemies, teachers, janitors. Worry about getting as many signatures locally first, then it has a chance to get picked up by the national media. Even if nothing comes of it we are still just proving a point that the entire thing is a bunch of BS and everybody agrees.

Reaction Score
Ts5034, agreed. Would also be nice to get a few people into Gampel or XL Center and spreading the word during a game when there are 10,000-17,000 people all in one place. Maybe get someone who works there to make an announcement or something, but at least tell people as they come in or something. Even if we get nowhere with this, like you said, we prove it's BS, but we also show recruits and the nation how loyal the fans are to our Huskies!

Reaction Score
It will be too late but when Bilas is calling the BET, I'm sure he'll mention the injustice 10 times. Sadly UConn may have already played their last BET.

Reaction Score
It will be too late but when Bilas is calling the BET, I'm sure he'll mention the injustice 10 times. Sadly UConn may have already played their last BET.
Agreed, but we have 1 week to push this like it's a brick wall...which I guess it kind of is. Crazier things have happened

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Last nights loss proves UConn belongs in the postseason. Anyone have Arescos contact info? I'm talking about his actual contact info , not some general email that he will never check. As we get closer to tourney time, I'm getting more and more upset with the thought that this team is getting penalized. It wouldn't be a big east tourney without UConn. Besides, what team in the country wants to play this team right now???? Nobody.

Reaction Score
Might want to send it to Joe Nocera of the NY Times. He's probably been UConn's biggest defender in the media

Reaction Score
I will try contacting him. We need to band together and find anyone and everyone who can make this a publicly known petition so the NCAA will hear about it. I e-mailed Emmerts office a few months back and of course got no response. I've also tweeted every NBA player who is a UConn alum in hopes of gaining their support, but I'm sure they just think it's spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom