Pete Carroll | The Boneyard

Pete Carroll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yup. Stupid call... But I hope that's not why you fired him. If ur a Jets fan, U might be 1-1 in SuperBowls right now... A little better than where u sit now....

BTW, that missed call by the refs where the Pat's DB tripped Seattle's WR hurt too. Ended up being a 3&out for Seattle then NE promptly scored afterward....

Reaction Score
I'm a pats fan. I actually liked Pete in NE. Thought he got a raw deal in NE with then GM Bobby Grier.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yup. Stupid call... But I hope that's not why you fired him. If ur a Jets fan, U might be 1-1 in SuperBowls right now... A little better than where u sit now....

BTW, that missed call by the refs where the Pat's DB tripped Seattle's WR hurt too. Ended up being a 3&out for Seattle then NE promptly scored afterward....

And the missed push off by Seattle WR in the third quarter hurts the Pats. Missed calls impacted both teams'.

Reaction Score
The reality though is Seattle gave you guys the game. You know it...refs didn't have anything to do with that. You run the ball there plain and simple.

Reaction Score
The reality though is Seattle gave you guys the game. You know it...refs didn't have anything to do with that. You run the ball there plain and simple.
Win some lose some. Tyree's catch was his last ever in the NFL. A miracle catch by a guy who was borderline NFL player. Hats off to the rookie free agent DB from West Alabama who himself was going to end up on highlight reels for all eternity due to another miracle catch. It is what is.

Reaction Score
Imagine what it would have been like for Lynch to have the game-winning TD and have interviews afterwards.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I've seen some dumb things over the years, but that call is up there. Maybe Wilson should have thrown to the back shoulder, maybe they fake the hand off to Lynch and run Wilson in a different gap, maybe you throw to the back corner... but a dumb call.

Reaction Score
The OC made the call. He used to be the WR coach at UConn. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Pete's a good coach, but he makes those types of calls that just leave you shaking your head. Sometimes they work, like when they didn't kick the FG at the end of the first half in last nights game. Totally shifted the momentum for his team there, but on that INT, Beastmode, why throw. Oh well, bout time Brady gets a break. The last two SBs against the Giants he gave his team the lead late and his defense couldn't hold it. Looked like more of the same tonight except, Malcolm Butler a kid whose name I've hardly heard all year made a huge play.

My balls have reflated

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Just the worst call ever, period.

Reaction Score
They had to pass 1 time in that series otherwise they would only have time for two plays.

I don't have a problem with the pass, however, they should have called a QB roll out with a pass / run option, take advantage of Wilson's running ability on that play.

Reaction Score
They had to pass 1 time in that series otherwise they would only have time for two plays.

I don't have a problem with the pass, however, they should have called a QB roll out with a pass / run option, take advantage of Wilson's running ability on that play.
In a regular season game, you make a bunch of sense... In what was clearly the final play of the season.. the biggest.. you go with your bread and butter.. You go Beast Mode.. inexcusable... stupid... dumb..

Reaction Score

They had plenty of time to run Lynch 4 times from the 5 yard line.

That was mind blowing dumb. You dance with the whore you brought to the prom.

Reaction Score
That is not true at all.
They had a timeout. Could have def run the ball there. That was a bad call. Wilson was due for a bad play. The play before beastmode almost scored. I'm a Pats fan, Im thrilled they threw it there. Great call Pete.

Reaction Score
As usual you are completely and hopelessly wrong.

OK if by "plenty of time to run 4 times" you mean they would have had to rush their asses off and risk a rushed mistake occurring, then you are right.

The lack of time is absolutely the reason why they passed, and it is exactly the reason why Belichick didn't call a time out. If Belichick calls a time out then the Seahawks can easily run 4 times.

I guess Jimmy Serrano knows more about time management than Belichick.

and I am not saying I like the inside pass call, roll the QB out and there is a decent chance he walks in. The inside pass with a short QB is too easily tipped by a lineman.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Seahawks had the ball at the 1 with 3 chances to let Lynch get in the end zone with less than 45 seconds and a timeout. Pete Carroll blew this game for the Seahawks plain and simple!

Reaction Score
OK if by "plenty of time to run 4 times" you mean they would have had to rush their asses off and risk a rushed mistake occurring, then you are right.

The lack of time is absolutely the reason why they passed, and it is exactly the reason why Belichick didn't call a time out. If Belichick calls a time out then the Seahawks can easily run 4 times.

LOL yeah it's a good thing they didn't run a stupid play call that risked a huge mistake.

They had plenty of time chief. They just couldn't run the play clock down like they did after Lynch's 1st down run.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm a giddy Patriot fan this morning. They should have ran Lynch. Seattle had a timeout and plenty of time to run the football. But then again, the only reason they were that close to the goal line in the first place was because of yet another lucky catch. Unbelievable the catches that the Patriots have to put up with in Super Bowls in that stadium!

Reaction Score

I guess Jimmy Serrano knows more about time management than Belichick.

and I am not saying I like the inside pass call, roll the QB out and there is a decent chance he walks in. The inside pass with a short QB is too easily tipped by a lineman.

Oh I see you edited your post with a cute insult and doubled down on your stupid.

Again, you are hopelessly and completely wrong. As per usual with you. Keep on keeping on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom