Perspective | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Perspective

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
For those thinking RE is going back to a run first offense. Why do we have 14 or so WR, maybe 4 running backs, no fullbacks and 2 tight ends? Because he has committed to the uptempo spread offense which passes the ball first.

I'm a few hours into Friday night festivities but your post actually makes a lot of sense. Well done. Not everything is some sort of conspiracy. At this point I fully believe 2.0 is driving this bus. Each of us just needs to figure out if we're ride or die, or not. Not an easy call.

anigif_sub-buzz-24053-1480896282-1.gif

Last edited:
Reaction Score
we can speculate all we want why he is gone, but he is gone after only 1 season and we have to scrape up another offensive coordinator. I don't know why so many take a la de da attitude of Lashlee leaving. He made the offense exciting to watch for the first time in ages and had many schemes that fit the less than athletic players RE inherited. Now we are stuck with looking for that type of offense which will be hard to replace like it or not. this is a huge setback regardless of what some of you think. i don't want to go back to the plodding boring offense of the recent past, but fear that is exactly where we are headed. Even RE wasn't very exciting in his first go round.

Reaction Score
Feel sorry for the offense. Every year for the last 7 years they end up with a new OC and trying to learn yet new sets. Edsall better pick somebody that's gonna be here long enough to establish some kind of continuity. This crap is getting ridiculous. No wonder they can't recruit decent talent.

Reaction Score
Feel sorry for the offense. Every year for the last 7 years they end up with a new OC and trying to learn yet new sets. Edsall better pick somebody that's gonna be here long enough to establish some kind of continuity. This crap is getting ridiculous. No wonder they can't recruit decent talent.

I just wonder how many of those offensive recruits will decommit.

Reaction Score
True.
What I was saying is there are coaches across levels that understand football. Lashlee happened to be an FBS one. Just saying there are FCS coaches as well that are football junkies that understand the nuances of football playcalling that might want to step up a level in terms of competition and exposure. Can’t just bury your head in the FBS world looking for a coach
Play calling is important but Edsall has said over and over..."recruiting, recruiting, recruiting"....he will want a guy who he thinks can recruit kids and sell them on UConn as well as call plays.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
we can speculate all we want why he is gone, but he is gone after only 1 season and we have to scrape up another offensive coordinator. I don't know why so many take a la de da attitude of Lashlee leaving. He made the offense exciting to watch for the first time in ages and had many schemes that fit the less than athletic players RE inherited. Now we are stuck with looking for that type of offense which will be hard to replace like it or not. this is a huge setback regardless of what some of you think. i don't want to go back to the plodding boring offense of the recent past, but fear that is exactly where we are headed. Even RE wasn't very exciting in his first go round.

Everyone runs a variation of this offense. It is easy to find someone to use this as a base offense. The OC/QB coach needs to coach up the QB's and build off this offense. But the real key honestly, is the O line, the hurry up and quick plays masked deficiencies. No matter who the Offensive coordinator is- the line coach is the key coach for him to succeed.

Reaction Score
Last year was the first in a long time...even the strong RE years...Where I rarely disagreed with the play calling. I thought Lashlee did an amazing job and he will be very hard to replace.
Agreed. Despite their personnel shortcomings, UConn would use up seven minutes of clock and drive down the field for a score. Often not pretty, often the drives were kept alive by opposition penalties, but they scored. Then they would kick off and in 90 seconds the other team would be in the Huskies end zone. That kind of O does not happen without the OC knowing what he was doing. My hat is still off to him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom