Perspective... | The Boneyard

Perspective...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I am not happy about the team's performance.

I am in no position to do anything about it.

I have bigger things to worry about, anyway.

I have been hoarse on and off for the past few months.

It wasn't basketball season, so we can't blame me screaming at the TV.

Visited an ENT guy. He scheduled a biopsy. Had a physical/EKG etc before showing up at the hospital for biopsy. All good.

No biopsy for you today, they said. Your heart rate is in the 20s. Who the hell carried you in here?

So instead of a biopsy, I got a pacemaker.

Fast forward a few weeks to last Wednesday. Back to hospital for rescheduled biopsy.

Results come in yesterday.

I am now scheduled to start radiation therapy on Friday.

Guess what super complicates chest and throat radiation?

A pacemaker, that's what.

I sure as hell hope the Huskies win a few games before I shuffle off this mortal coil. Whatever the hell that means.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Rich, I'm sorry to hear your health problems...sounds scary as heck. Keep us up on how you are doing. Life can sure kick us when we're down, it seems. But life definitely has its moments. Enjoy yours all you can, for a very long time.

Reaction Score
I am not happy about the team's performance.

I am in no position to do anything about it.

I have bigger things to worry about, anyway.

I have been hoarse on and off for the past few months.

It wasn't basketball season, so we can't blame me screaming at the TV.

Visited an ENT guy. He scheduled a biopsy. Had a physical/EKG etc before showing up at the hospital for biopsy. All good.

No biopsy for you today, they said. Your heart rate is in the 20s. Who the hell carried you in here?

So instead of a biopsy, I got a pacemaker.

Fast forward a few weeks to last Wednesday. Back to hospital for rescheduled biopsy.

Results come in yesterday.

I am now scheduled to start radiation therapy on Friday.

Guess what super complicates chest and throat radiation?

A pacemaker, that's what.

I sure as hell hope the Huskies win a few games before I shuffle off this mortal coil. Whatever the hell that means.
Sorry to hear about the radiation treatment. It will be over before you know it. Good luck.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
As they say in Spinal Tap, "Too much farking perspective."

Best of luck, Rich. Sorry to hear this. If it's any comfort/consolation I have two friends who have just finished going through the same radiation treatment and both are doing well.

Reaction Score
Sorry...its almost Big Jig season on Zoar. You'll just have to reschedule the treatments. What are these doctors even thinking?

Best wishes Rich

Reaction Score
There's time and timelessness. And black holes. We're in the realm of time. I was supposed to be dead as an infant and who knows how many more times after. Modern medicine works miracles but also has it's setbacks. Hope your treatment goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom