Perspective on KLS vs. Asia and Arike | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Perspective on KLS vs. Asia and Arike

Reaction Score
I served as an Officer in the US Military for 30 years. As such I swore an oath to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States." I will always support and defend a person's right to free speech. However, I do not have to "listen" or "read" that person's free speech when they (1) refuse to explain their reasoning or reply to questions on something or a position of theirs that others have the nerve to question, (2) when they get upset at others for using their own words/explanations to dispute their position on a subject/issue, and (3) rather than engaging in a mature give and take/sharing of thoughts and ideas they insult those who do not agree with them.

I would think it's reasonable to assume those who participate on the UCONN Womens Basketball page of "The Boneyard" are in some way "Fans" of (1) NCAA Womens Basketball or (2) Fans of UCONN Basketball. I know we have participants on the BY who are fans of other NCAA Teams, but they routinely engage in meaningful dialog regarding Women's Basketball in general. We know who they are, and they are (at least in my recollection) respectful of UCONN Fans and PLAYERS. That said, I am amazed at how strongly some poster(s), presumed to be UCONN Fans, can dislike some of the UCONN Players so much.

No One is talking about a Statue, the mythical UCONN Mt. Rushmore, or even NPOY. We're talking about a player who has reached significant career achievements at UCONN, and been recognized by AAC, WBCA, USBWA, & AP with multiple awards (None of these "influenced" by BY Posters). She will graduate as the #4 or #3 total point scorer, and one of the most prolific 3Pt shooters in UCONN History. She has given us a lot to enjoy over the last 4 seasons, and will be major key to how far the team goes this year. And...when the poster tells me to "put up a banner" in response to a response he/she didn't like because it didn't match his/her opinion... I can only say... I don't have to. There is already one hanging in the Werth Champions Center and there will be one hanging in Gampel Pavilion in just a few weeks!

I am a Fan of ALL our players. I wish them all the absolute Best of Success and will be cheering them ALL On as they work toward #12.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Was UConn ever in that situation they needed a last second shot to win?
Rarely.

As noted, Bird scored, in 2001. She also hit a half-court bomb in that game.

Diana made 2 key shots against Tennessee in 2003, including one from 65 feet.

Ketia Swanier made a drive and bucket against DePaul in 2008.

Maya made 2 treys to cut the deficit from 9 to 3 against Rutgers as a freshman. She didn't get the ball to try the game-tying shot (which, in my mind, was certainly going in).

In other cases, Gabby came up slightly short against N.D. last year in regulation. Kaleena missed from the corner against N.D. in a game when she suffered a thigh bruise.

When the average MOV ranges from 25 to 40, there are not many close games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom