OT: - Perserverance Anyone?? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Perserverance Anyone??

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Conspiracy theorist question here. Do you believe in the possibility of previous intelligent life on Mars and, if so, If there is evidence of current or former intelligent life coming back from Perseverance, would NASA show it or hide it? I'm a believer in intelligent life somewhere in the universe, maybe even on Mars somewhere in the billions of years it's existed. I see the government chilling out a bit about ETs, like with the videos of the pilots tracking the fast moving objects in the Atlantic, but not sure they're ready to come clean.

Reaction Score
Proud to say the two rechargeable lithium ion batteries on board is the last project I completed before retiring. All lithium ion batteries on Mars as well. The program is a remarkable achievement. Science had a good year.

Reminded me that when I was a kid, and your uncle or some old guy in the neighborhood learned you were going to college, the standard old guy joke was "Are you gonna take up space?"

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Conspiracy theorist question here. Do you believe in the possibility of previous intelligent life on Mars and, if so, If there is evidence of current or former intelligent life coming back from Perseverance, would NASA show it or hide it? I'm a believer in intelligent life somewhere in the universe, maybe even on Mars somewhere in the billions of years it's existed. I see the government chilling out a bit about ETs, like with the videos of the pilots tracking the fast moving objects in the Atlantic, but not sure they're ready to come clean.
If NASA found intelligent life they would most certainly tell us. It would quadruple their funding and ensure their survival.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
If NASA found intelligent life they would most certainly tell us. It would quadruple their funding and ensure their survival.
It is alleged that there were audio transmissions cut from the moon landings regarding what (or who, the astronauts were saying.
I truly love conspiracy theories.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
Amazing fact: the asteroid impact that caused the dinosaur mass extinction threw so much debris into space that bits of Earth rained down on places like Mars and Europa. Studies suggest that some microbial life can survive that kind of journey through space. Same thing could have happened in the other direction. In theory you could find life on Mars that started here. Or we could all technically be Martians.

Reaction Score
I have a theory, wouldn’t call it a conspiracy, that life was never on Mars. I think life was on Venus at one point billions of years ago until it eventually left the habitable zone around the sun and “burnt” up. I don’t think it ever harvested intelligence like earth though because we don’t have evidence of it... unless they migrated to Earth, ironically we are looking at moving to Mars, so it could make sense. Kinda interesting weird theory that has zero evidence of being plausible or factual.

edit: agree there is ET life. Since the universe is expanding life likely would have come to Earth a really long time ago when they were closer together. Galaxies aren’t moving closer to earth, they are moving away from us (“Big Bang” theory). If we look at another galaxy or star through a telescope, you aren’t looking at it in real time since it takes time for light to travel far distances. You would be looking at something (galaxy, star, whatever) that is a long time ago, far far away. I don’t know if there is any living ET here, more than likely it’s surveying equipment they sent to identify the planet and gather intelligence on the surface. I feel like it would be more obvious. Some people think you can warp/cheat/bend time travel through worm holes, but I don’t believe we have proof of it yet, still learning.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I heard that some rando grade-schooler got to name the rover. He named it "Perseverance" …and it got them to Mars. Kind of glad they didn't name it "Flattery".

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I heard that some rando grade-schooler got to name the rover. He named it "Perseverance" …and it got them to Mars. Kind of glad they didn't name it "Flattery".
How's the veal?

Reaction Score
The US and NASA are just incredible. Fully autonomous landing of a 20,000lb vehicle. The best best part, a touch arrogant almost, we didn’t need to orbit Mars first. We just took off from Earth, entered the Martian atmosphere, and stuck that landing within a few feet of their planned landing site.
Even the Russkies gave the Perseverance landing a 9.5

Reaction Score
No chance. Amateur astronomers can see the surface of Mars and if any intelligent form of life existed they would have made things like shelters, etc. Plus their is absolutely zero motivation from governments to hide such information for reasons stated above. I do believe unintelligent life existed on Mars though. Not to the degree of some Boneyarders but microbes and such. There were rivers and lakes. Could still be microbes. Big question is do you risk bringing Martian microbes back to Earth in the vials being taken for future pick up. Valid question. Especially during a pandemic. What if these microbes cannot be eliminated by our known science. If they exist they live at -85f already so they’re tuff . I say leave them there and send Matt Damon back to check.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom