OT: - Perserverance Anyone?? | The Boneyard

OT: Perserverance Anyone??

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
About ready to land on Mars this afternoon.

Nice bit of engineering having it fly for over 200 days and getting ready to pass through Mars' atmosphere and land.

I've been watching on and off all day and DVR'ng the Nat Geo special now. I'm too stupid to follow this stuff but it amazes me beyond belief. This rover has a remote helicopter!

Reaction Score
Was just posting this @Austin316

Nutty, right?
Yeah pretty neat.

NASA is planning “Dragonfly” which is a mission to Titan, a Saturn moon, by 2027ish. They will send similar rotorcraft to study the surface, chemistry, search for biological life, etc. The work they’re able to do is remarkable. I’m happy it’s happening in our lifetime.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I've been watching on and off all day and DVR'ng the Nat Geo special now. I'm too stupid to follow this stuff but it amazes me beyond belief. This rover has a remote helicopter!

You realize those images are of Utah, correct??

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I saw on Twitter that Russkies sent a vehicle to Venus? Got two hours of work in before getting torched.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I saw on Twitter that Russkies sent a vehicle to Venus? Got two hours of work in before getting torched.

Matt Damon filmed there and didn't have 3 wives.

Love the way people just suck up the "news" of a rover landing on a planet hundreds of millions of miles away when it could just as easily be broadcasting from planet earth.

Much like the Donovan Clingan, I kid. Mostly. Not as much as those who realize this is full trolling, but more than those who take this seriously.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

Love the way people just suck up the "news" of a rover landing on a planet hundreds of millions of miles away when it could just as easily be broadcasting from planet earth.

Much like the Donovan Clingan, I kid. Mostly. Not as much as those who realize this is full trolling, but more than those who take this seriously.

You were serious? I'm usually on point with you but we can agree to disagree here.

Reaction Score

So are you saying this is fake?

Reaction Score
About ready to land on Mars this afternoon.

Nice bit of engineering having it fly for over 200 days and getting ready to pass through Mars' atmosphere and land.
Proud to say the two rechargeable lithium ion batteries on board is the last project I completed before retiring. All lithium ion batteries on Mars as well. The program is a remarkable achievement. Science had a good year.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Proud to say the two rechargeable lithium ion batteries on board is the last project I completed before retiring. All lithium ion batteries on Mars as well. The program is a remarkable achievement. Science had a good year.
That is awesome, kudos!

Reaction Score
The US and NASA are just incredible. Fully autonomous landing of a 20,000lb vehicle. The best best part, a touch arrogant almost, we didn’t need to orbit Mars first. We just took off from Earth, entered the Martian atmosphere, and stuck that landing within a few feet of their planned landing site.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom