OT: - Perplexing or gloriously odd mascot thread | The Boneyard

OT: Perplexing or gloriously odd mascot thread

Reaction Score
After reading the thread about Jonathan not being able to make the trip to Houston it got me thinking about mascots. We have a pretty great one, IMO. (I cried several times while watching the in memoriam video of our last Jonathan). But there are some mascots that have me scratching my head. Here is my all time fave. He makes no sense, but I've kind of grown to love him in his imperfection. WKU: stay weird. Who are your picks for perplexing or underrated mascot.? Either/or. (BTW I'm fully prepared for this thread to dissolve after the first inside joke post)

Attachments

• images.jpeg.jpg
    images.jpeg.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 38
Reaction Score
@Jaydumo20 excellent call on Big Red, the official name for the WKU mascot. Although I hate their sports, I do like Syracuse's Otto the Orange...basically any mascot who would be more fun to see when stoned gets a check in my book...Big Jay from Kansas is another one too...

No mascot is creepier than Providence's Friar Dom. College basketball's version of Gritty.

download.jpg

An underrated mascot is UVM's Rally the Catamount. Good vibes, great energy. Spunky. There was one UVM game I was watching this year where Rally stood on the baseline simply holding a poster that read Go Cats! For some reason, that just put me in a good mood.

download-1.jpg

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Are we limiting to D1 schools? Because it's hard to get weirder than Sammy the Banana Slug or Speedy the Geoduck.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Every time I see it I think of the original bobble head - A monk. Push the head down and out pops a lawsuit.

I feel like I should be allowed to swear now.

Reaction Score
After reading the thread about Jonathan not being able to make the trip to Houston it got me thinking about mascots. We have a pretty great one, IMO. (I cried several times while watching the in memoriam video of our last Jonathan). But there are some mascots that have me scratching my head. Here is my all time fave. He makes no sense, but I've kind of grown to love him in his imperfection. WKU: stay weird. Who are your picks for perplexing or underrated mascot.? Either/or. (BTW I'm fully prepared for this thread to dissolve after the first inside joke post)

Reaction Score
It is real. It’s “unofficial”, but is at all games to my knowledge. Similar situation to the Stanford tree.

For anyone who doesn’t know what I’m talking about:

E_XeQ7GXEAU1ntl.png
No way! Really? No way

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
No mascot is creepier than Providence's Friar Dom. College basketball's version of Gritty.

download.jpg

It's legitimately frightening for so many reasons. I had to call my therapist at MSG before tip at BET just to get centered again

They (PC) know it too, which is why they drag around that goofy dalmation which is entirely off kilter as well. When you see Dom and the dalmatian together it causes trauma.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
It's legitimately frightening for so many reasons. I had to call my therapist at MSG before tip at BET just to get centered again

They (PC) know it too, which is why they drag around that goofy dalmation which is entirely off kilter as well. When you see Dom and the dalmatian together it causes trauma.
22866E78-E9B2-4AD2-B5C1-67F26673C7F2.jpeg

Reaction Score
UCSC is the best.

I looked up the Billiken recently wondering what the heck it is. He was basically the original Troll Doll. Really odd to make him a mascot.

This is the St. John's mascot after they changed from the Redmen, right?

DwqSfBoVsAA-MTx.jpg

temery

What?
Reaction Score
UCSC is the best.

I looked up the Billiken recently wondering what the heck it is. He was basically the original Troll Doll. Really odd to make him a mascot.

This is the St. John's mascot after they changed from the Redmen, right?

View attachment 86207

Mr. Icky?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom