Perkins Update (not going to get a UK offer) | The Boneyard

Perkins Update (not going to get a UK offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jerry Myer has made his prediction for Perkins and has said Gonzaga will land him via inside information. He does not believe UK will offer because Josh would not fit in well there. He states that we are the darkhorse to land Perkins. Interesting. Think we are going after McLaughlin more?

Jerry Meyer@jerrymeyer247
12m
Always a chance but Mark Few has been getting lonely watching him RT @KyleLeonard11: any chance for Minnesota with Josh Perkins or zags lock

16m
Cause they don't think Josh Perkins good enough. Not their type & didn't show well RT @blake33uk: why no uk offer? That confident on mudiay?

24m
Kentucky isn't going to offer. RT @joshk2010: @jerrymeyer247 what if Josh Perkins gets the offer from UK?

53m
Yes RT @azescobar1: @jerrymeyer247 - Uconn as a dark horse still for Josh Perkins? Please?

Reaction Score
I think this is kind of good news for us: if Gonzaga is getting heavy consideration, our conference affiliation likely will not be much of a factor in his recruitment.

Reaction Score
Perkins is one of our top targets. Higher than Perkins. Perkins left his game hurt in front of Calipari so it's highly likely he doesn't get the offer.

Reaction Score
I'd rather have Mclaughlin but I think Perkins is more likely than getting Mclaughlin out of California.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
i just want a pg unless we feel real good about dorsey or someone else in 2015

Reaction Score
i just want a pg unless we feel real good about dorsey or someone else in 2015

I've read (and of course dont have the link) that we are in good shape for Dorsey. Still want a PG this year.

Reaction Score
Gonzaga is not easy competition. Lot's of high-level talent their and a gorgeous campus. Spokane is sort of a trashy city but it is a city and campus is right downtown. I always felt one of our biggest recruiting downfalls is the location of Storrs. However, it hasn't mattered too much obviously.

Reaction Score
Also Mark Few is a very likeable coach. I have met him, the coaching staff and some of the players there. The atmosphere you get from them is great. Very blue-collar coaching style and they make you feel like family. Also, you become a God in Spokane if your on the team. I never underestimate those types of appeals. Gonzaga is probably my favorite team outside of UConn so I do speak highly and I am bias.

Reaction Score
Gonzaga is not easy competition. Lot's of high-level talent their and a gorgeous campus. Spokane is sort of a trashy city but it is a city and campus is right downtown. I always felt one of our biggest recruiting downfalls is the location of Storrs. However, it hasn't mattered too much obviously.

the practice facility (where the players will spend a ton of time), and downtown mansfield should definitely make the school significantly more appealing to recruits than it was in the past.

Reaction Score
@Sportsman, yes I agree with you. Future looks bright.

@Superjohn, yeah if they continue that pattern of losing in the tourney, I can mostly care less if they are cheating. It's hard to create a cohesive unit when kids are showing up knowing they only want to play one year then bounce.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
[quote="Mike Moran, post: 648029, member: 655"I always felt one of our biggest recruiting downfalls is the location of Storrs. However, it hasn't mattered too much obviously.[/quote]

Then why would you feel it?

Reaction Score
I can see why my post seems confusing. In other words, our recruiting is great, but if Uconn had better location it would be greatER. But its still great which is why I said it doesn't matter too much. Just some clarification for ya.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I can see why my post seems confusing. In other words, our recruiting is great, but if Uconn had better location it would be greatER. But its still great which is why I said it doesn't matter too much. Just some clarification for ya.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

We've won 3 titles in 15 years. How many would've have won if we were in a better location? Why hasn't a team in a better location won more? I'm confused

Reaction Score
Apparently, Perkins has not trimmed his list. Isn't recruiting fun to follow?

Who is La reporter.......7, count'em SEVEN times he responded Josh's answers with "RIGHT ON".........was that John Shaft doing the interview? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom