Per Kasongo: UConn Still Recruiting Him | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Per Kasongo: UConn Still Recruiting Him

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
What is the deal with Ro Russell and why do kids keep letting him near them? Just off the top of my head in the last year Xavier Rathan-Mayes, Braeden Anderson and Mikyle Mcintosh have all gone to schools not befitting of their talents and have all been deemed ineligible, looks like Ray Kasongo is going to go down the same path. It's sad to see, Ro Russell seems like poison to talented basketball players. Best move Kasongo can make is transferring right now to one of the legit New England Prep Schools and never letting Russell near him again.

XRM went to FSU for reasons not related to Russell, I wouldn't include him in that part.

Reaction Score
XRM went to FSU for reasons not related to Russell, I wouldn't include him in that part.

I'm not sure about the college selection part, but Russell was definitely involved with XRM's lack of an acceptable transcript coming out of HS. That was mentioned in the article from the Toronto Sun that I linked in a previous posting. Both Mayes and Anderson trashed Russell in that article.

Reaction Score
I am not trying to be rude, but is he plan K
I don't think he was ever that low on our radar. We contacted him within a week after him de-committing. Ever since then we offered and have been on him.

Reaction Score
not sure what happened with Swift but he was once a consensus top 75 recruit as of earlier this year before the spring and summer evaluation periods. anybody know what happened with him? was he out there and/or just didn't show any progress as a prospect?

Reaction Score
How could swift be plan k? he is a top ten prospect in Texas, got offered by Baylor, looks like a better player than kasongo.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
247 has him at #100 right now, but the crystal ball is pointing toward the Penn State powerhouse bball program. He is listed at 6'7" and 195 lbs. as a PF.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Swift has a couple kids on the way. Might be a problem...

Reaction Score
I feel bad for Kasongo now. It looks like his handlers have derailed his recruitment. I'm also wondering why the staff was even looking at him in the first place. The kid's "mentors" have been Ro Russell and Brandon Bender. Russell's exploits have been detailed and Bender was involved with UCF's recruiting violations which led to their post season ban. I think he was also involved with Michael Chandler, the one time potential recruit of ours whose post highschool career has been a clusterF. Weird stuff going on, wish we never got involved.

caw

Reaction Score
I'm not sure about the college selection part, but Russell was definitely involved with XRM's lack of an acceptable transcript coming out of HS. That was mentioned in the article from the Toronto Sun that I linked in a previous posting. Both Mayes and Anderson trashed Russell in that article.

I was talking solely about the selection part.

Reaction Score
If we did suddenly stop recruiting him something really shady must've been picked up by the staff. Just weird. I do feel bad for the kid because I'm not sure he has any idea what is going on around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom