Per Kasongo: UConn Still Recruiting Him | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Per Kasongo: UConn Still Recruiting Him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
just to add, the UConnball dude followed up his earlier comments that UConn was done with Kasongo by saying its a definite and the staff has moved on. I like the pieces we have in the frontcourt w/o him either way, plus Robinson and Swift are still in play, with Swift being more like Facey as a slender 4.

Reaction Score
http://www.azgamecast.com/live-player.php?stream=live4

Livecast of some sort of all-star game with Phase 1 players, supposedly including Kasongo at some point.

6'9'' #90 in white is apparently not Kasongo. Still looking. Commentator (AZ Power?) talked quite a bit about not 'sending kids to the best schools they can get to, but the best fit for their skill level'. To be fair he used Oregon as an example of the 'power school'.

Reaction Score
Kasongo is #02 on white. They said 'Kasongo...he is Oregon bound' earlier

Reaction Score
I have a bud who knows staff and says it's definitely over. Staff has moved on, concern w his handlers on top of other things. No feel on Robinson or anyone else, they must feel good about Rakim.

My bud isn't 100% batter but right most of the time.

Reaction Score
^^^Yes the staff has moved on but he still hasn't.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It honestly seems like this kids "handlers" have really screwed him over. Feel bad for the kid as he'll now likely have to play college basketball at Oregon.

Oregon has 1 regular season conference championship in 50+ years.
We have 3 national titles in the past 15 seasons.

The best oregon player in the NBA? Fringe starting PG Luke Ridnour.
The best UConn player in the NBA? Hall of Famer, last second NBA finals 3 point making Ray Allen.

His handlers should really let that sink in.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
It honestly seems like this kids "handlers" have really screwed him over. Feel bad for the kid as he'll now likely have to play college basketball at Oregon.

Oregon has 1 regular season conference championship in 50+ years.
We have 3 national titles in the past 15 seasons.

The best oregon player in the NBA? Fringe starting PG Luke Ridnour.
The best UConn player in the NBA? Hall of Famer, last second NBA finals 3 point making Ray Allen.

His handlers should really let that sink in.

If the worst that happens for him is a free ride in the Pac whatever it is nowadays than still, its better than driving a bus. These Kasongo threads were fun this week. Best of luck to him and the greedy sludge dwellers behind him.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
^^^Yes the staff has moved on but he still hasn't.
Probably for the best. Was the staff's issues mostly due to his handlers, or did the possiblity of academic issues play a part in it too as some of suggested?

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Won't surprise me if this kid ends up committing elsewhere and we see him again in 2 years after a transfer (ala Purvis)

Reaction Score
Probably for the best. Was the staff's issues mostly due to his handlers, or did the possiblity of academic issues play a part in it too as some of suggested?
Handlers per my guy.

Reaction Score
I was told handlers like rip7774 and then I was told possible grade issues by someone else.

Reaction Score

Vike...I think it was a combination of the two, as these guys have had transcript issues with several other players in the past. Between the handlers and his possible transcript/grades issue, Ollie would never have felt secure with RK's verbal. His handlers have not only been causing him problems now...but would likely continue to be in his ear until he officially signed. In the meantime, UConn would be passing on other Husky recruits who want to be with a winner. Feel sorry for him, but this delay has just shown that he doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to overcome their influence. Best of luck to the kid!

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Vike...I think it was a combination of the two, as these guys have had transcript issues with several other players in the past. Between the handlers and his possible transcript/grades issue, Ollie would never have felt secure with RK's verbal. His handlers have not only been causing him problems now...but would likely continue to be in his ear until he officially signed. In the meantime, UConn would be passing on other Husky recruits who want to be with a winner. Feel sorry for him, but this delay has just shown that he doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to overcome their influence. Best of luck to the kid!

It's not a question of fortitude really. Consider that he has actually signed on with them for school this year. A real question about what he would do if he p'd off his handlers. Kid was stuck from the start.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
So the fat lady has sung. We can move on now. DRob or bust!

Reaction Score
I think signing Cassell is the bigger priority, but both would be very nice.
Imo it is, especially if Boat leaves, thats what I keep checking the boards and twitter for because it seems like a decision from Cassell is coming at any moment.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Isn't Melvin Swift on an official this weekend?

Reaction Score
What is the deal with Ro Russell and why do kids keep letting him near them? Just off the top of my head in the last year Xavier Rathan-Mayes, Braeden Anderson and Mikyle Mcintosh have all gone to schools not befitting of their talents and have all been deemed ineligible, looks like Ray Kasongo is going to go down the same path. It's sad to see, Ro Russell seems like poison to talented basketball players. Best move Kasongo can make is transferring right now to one of the legit New England Prep Schools and never letting Russell near him again.

Reaction Score
It's not a question of fortitude really. Consider that he has actually signed on with them for school this year. A real question about what he would do if he p'd off his handlers. Kid was stuck from the start.

It wouldn't be so difficult to go against their "recommendation", if he weren't playing for them this season. The intestinal fortitude I was referring to would come into play if he continued his "education" with them this season AND he went against them with his college choice. Now that would make for a very uncomfortable environment for RK. As SJ mentions above, I think his best bet would be for him to transfer, since he now knows that his coaches don't have HIS best interests at heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom