Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
At least six uconn turnovers created by a whistle

can't think of one for Memphis, although they can't pass to save their lives

our 4th offensive foul

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Honestly the amount of charge calls in college basketball has gotten way out of hand. Plays where there isn't enough contact to have any influence on the play if the defense just played it straight up make up 90% of calls.

Reaction Score
Honestly, the worst flop of the game goes to AG. He fell before Precious even started turning towards him and got rewarded with the charge. Memphis deserved some to make up for it.

Reaction Score
I live in the Memphis area and go to this game every year and I can tell you the Memphis fans are brutal. Every time we touch the ball someone starts yelling "Travel!" I was afraid for the refs after they didn't get the goaltending on Akok near the end of the game. We all watched the replay on the Jumbotron and I'm like no goal tend. The Memphis faithful go berserk. It was a very loud home atmosphere. Probably the loudest I have ever heard i. They went nuts on that play with AG but to me that looked like a legit call. He beat Precious to the spot. The Memphis fans think you have to be standing still to get that call.

Reaction Score
Anyone else have a goal tend on that? A friend said no on instant replay.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
What about that play when we obviously tipped that Memphis pass out of bounds and the refs gave us the ball.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I live in the Memphis area and go to this game every year and I can tell you the Memphis fans are brutal. Every time we touch the ball someone starts yelling "Travel!" I was afraid for the refs after they didn't get the goaltending on Akok near the end of the game. We all watched the replay on the Jumbotron and I'm like no goal tend. The Memphis faithful go berserk. It was a very loud home atmosphere. Probably the loudest I have ever heard i. They went nuts on that play with AG but to me that looked like a legit call. He beat Precious to the spot. The Memphis fans think you have to be standing still to get that call.
That was a good atmosphere?

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I'm not sure Penny actually teaches his team anything.
His huddle looked like chaos with Quinones doing all the talking and Precious chiming in

Reaction Score
I thought the AG call was a bad one in our favor but there were so many missed calls on Memphis and none seemingly missed on our side. There was one period where we got clearly slapped on the arm to lose the ball, they got it, threw one of their 30 insanely awful passes that we stole, then they immediately slapped arms again with no call to get it back.

the play near the end when AG drove while we were down maybe 4-5, clearly gets arm slapped by one guy, then gets hammered with the body by another and no call on either? It’s been very clear that the refs are aware which team in the game is exiting the league. If we were so competitive in every game I’d have turned some off, just so hard to watch these kids fight so hard against all of these odds

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Mike Miller was a blatant flopper as they came. Don’t sell his influence short!

Reaction Score
I'm not sure Penny actually teaches his team anything.

I can hear him in the huddle now, "let's play hard, and then let's play harder, and if you want to win you've got to play even harder, got it?" "Get in the gym" was already taken.

willie99

Reaction Score
I thought goaltend, BUT NO FOUL

Vital's foul with under a minute and down 2 was yet another crunch time call that goes against us

missed AG's flop, was it immediately following an offensive foul call against us? I was posting here about another whistle created turnover and when I looked up we had the ball back

willie99

Reaction Score
Honestly, the worst flop of the game goes to AG. He fell before Precious even started turning towards him and got rewarded with the charge. Memphis deserved some to make up for it.

The worst flop is when Carlton knocked their 500 lb. center all the way to Nashville. Our second offensive foul in the first minutes of the game and taking away a hoop. Those are game changing plays.

Half our turnovers were created by the whistle. Their turnovers were just horrible passes. How do we lose to a team that passes like Kirk Cousins on Monday night?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom