Penn State - further issues?? | The Boneyard

Penn State - further issues??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Wow. Completely stunned by this. Wasn't McQuery the dude that found Sandusky kids in the shower? It will be VERY interesting to see how this develops. Did McQuery not report Sandusky because he was protecting his own interests from his own gambling habit? The idea that he *might* have covered up child abuse because the coaching staff once covered up his gambling habit (and appeared to have point shaved in a game) is absolutely nuts. Penn State may spend the next century tied up in legal battles.

Reaction Score
Who knows if there is anything to the story. That said, it's pretty clear the insular culture under Paterno grew more and more poisonous. He was a great man in many respects, but like all of us he had flaws. When football surpasses everything else in importance very, very bad things can happen...and they did.

Reaction Score
so let's see if I have this straight...a guy who was known to have a gambling problem, and actually bet (and lost!) on his own team was then hired by that team as an assistant coach! Is that right? Wow!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Reads more like a hit piece on McQueary. Maybe a message to any other whistleblowers out there that the Paterno crew is still in charge and they will destroy anyone else who wants to talk.

Reaction Score
The RU board immediately brought this up when the ESPN story came out. Where there is smoke???

More disgusting was Paterno's tantrum. Talk about being a pri-ck!

Reaction Score
If you can appreciate low brow jokes that are pretty insensitive to the subject check out the comment section of the article for a few laughs

Reaction Score
Hasn't hurt their football program though ($$$.... good ole $$$)

Reaction Score
Nothing unusual about Rutgers losing by a lot.

Funny, coming from a fan of a program that has a more impressive history of losing.

Has your all-time number of wins equaled your all-time number of losses yet? Are you even close?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The story caught my attention until I saw it was Rutgers....

Of course he threw a long touchdown pass to a wide open receiver.

It's Rutgers.

Reaction Score
Funny, coming from a fan of a program that has a more impressive history of losing.

Has your all-time number of wins equaled your all-time number of losses yet? Are you even close?

Not sure, but we never even sniffed at .500 this year and we still smoked you.

Reaction Score

Yes, we are close. How's that revisionist championship of yours? The only one of relevance you HAD. Say bye bye to it. ;)

Game was invented in 1874-1875. Go to Tufts and they will tell you they played the first game of American college football against Harvard in 1875. Harvard at Yale in 1875 was the second, hence the name "The Game". Princeton copied from THAT game by having people watch in person and take news of the game back. Princeton was playing soccer before.

MA and CT (and Quebec; through McGill in 1874) own football history. Not NJ.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I can't even wrap my head around how a Rutgers fan makes a post like this on this board.

As Don Imus would say, "you can't even make it up...."

Reaction Score
This is microcosm of went wrong at Penn State. They had a culture that put loyalty to the team over loyalty to principle so a mob mentality developed.

Paterno shook his head initially showing displeasure over the QB's actions but he also felt as a coach he should support his player.

2 principles were at odds:

1.) Don't run up the score and make the other team look bad
2.) Support your players and stand by the team

Paterno couldn't do both, a little moral dilemma. He choose to do 1. Not a big deal in this situation, but a big deal in the other situation with his DC where once again he choose loyalty, standing by his coach, over another principle. Shows that loyalty to people can be problem because it forces you in situation to go along with the crowd when you know what you are doing is wrong.

Reaction Score
They should have gotten the death penalty, that school is rotten to the core.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
What is the level of loserdom required for a Rutgers guy to be commenting on a PSU thread on a UConn board?

TcRv8NsGhwBLVoTM_4ifUrzzI6TMwDZi38NyKa1fHMKfXIm-m6kLhi8lnf2B_NfCig=w300

Reaction Score
What is the level of loserdom required for a Rutgers guy to be commenting on a PSU thread on a UConn board?

I don't know. Your football program has sucked throughout its entire history. More losing seasons then almost any other school in the country. As UCONN football fans, you're the expert in being a loser.

I'll be insulted by a UCONN football fan the day the program has actually won more games in its 100+ year history than it has lost.

494–526–39

Truly, one of the most embarrassing histories in college football. You have no room to mock any program...except for maybe Temple. Maybe.

Reaction Score
I don't know. Your football program has sucked throughout its entire history. More losing seasons then almost any other school in the country. As UCONN football fans, you're the expert in being a loser.

I'll be insulted by a UCONN football fan the day the program has actually won more games in its 100+ year history than it has lost.

494–526–39

Truly, one of the most embarrassing histories in college football. You have no room to mock any program...except for maybe Temple. Maybe.

If you are going to hitch your self worth to the success and failures of your favorite college athletics program.........LOL you hitched it to Rutgers.

UConn/Rutgers football aside, you are a loser.

Reaction Score
If you are going to hitch your self worth to the success and failures of your favorite college athletics program....LOL you hitched it to Rutgers.

UConn/Rutgers football aside, you are a loser.

Wow, that's the best you got? Just calling me a loser?

Your trash talking is as bad as your football team and its history. Both have a ways to go before they'll ever be considered legit.

Reaction Score
Wow, that's the best you got? Just calling me a loser?

Your trash talking is as bad as your football team and its history. Both have a ways to go before they'll ever be considered legit.

I would be much more insulted if someone made a personal statement about me being a loser than I would any insults about UConn football.

But like anything with Rutgers, instead of stopping the digging, they grab an extra shovel of stupid.

Reaction Score
Oops! Accidentally hit that pesky loser button again. Bye bye buggsy!

Reaction Score

494–526–39

Speaks volumes about Rutgers then when you weigh the fact that since UConn began its upgrade to FBS we are .500 against Rutgers head to head, UConn has won more BE titles, and played in a BCS bowl. If UConn 'sucks', then that would putRutgers one rung below 'sucks'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom