Penalty Rumors For Cuse | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Penalty Rumors For Cuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Cuse getting pummeled by Clumpson, they must be trying to throw the season now.
They know the 's about to hit the fan

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
They know the 's about to hit the fan
They've been scraping by the last few games and haven't even played the better teams in the ACC. But I bet they were distracted today.

CL82

Reaction Score
To be more specific, the 6OT game would be ideal.
I just want the want the NC game. They can keep the rest.

Reaction Score
Cuse can suck my chocolate salty balls but you can't impose a ban for THIS season. Now next season (and any after that) are A OK with me.

CL82

Reaction Score
Cuseboard created a new forum for the info and put it behind a wall so that you have to be a registered user. Someone not banned (twice) will have to fill us in.

@sdhusky
Ha ha, can't be me either. :D

Reaction Score
Nothing in the media, even the Syracuse beat. Interesting. I still think the ban will be for next year, and their scholarship loss would be for next year as well.

Reaction Score
Hell, we had our program dragged through the mud for 18 duck*ing months as the NCAA waited to retroactively enforce a crime five years after it had been committed. The PR was bad in 2013 and even worse in 2012, and it effectively destroyed any chance we had of putting together a decent recruiting class in either of those years (thankfully Calhoun had already committed, we managed to snag Facey, and the staff struck gold with Brimah).

So I'll amend my overly calm post from last night and say that if Cuse gets to serve their ban under their convenient, hand-crafted terms instead of feeling the full effects of the punishment, it's absolutely bull s***. I actually have a begrudging respect for the Syracuse program and I'd much rather see a program like UNC go under water, but any talk of postseason bans immediately trigger my APR PTSD.
This is what's pissing me off. I remember several games during which Sean McDonough or others mentioned our recruiting allegations and ongoing NCAA investigation but we never hear announcers discuss what happened at North Carolina. As much as we love the game of college basketball, it gets frustrating as hell to see a program as great as ours get left out in the P5 cold and all the other political bullship that's going on.

Reaction Score
Southern Miss just self-imposed a post season ban for this season because of an investigation, so maybe Syracuse has decided to do the same. I don't like that programs can self-imposed postseason bans in the middle of the season, but maybe I'm biased because of 2012-2013.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...miss-golden-eagles-self-impose-postseason-ban
Yeah, it will be pretty brutal if Cuse can ban themselves for this year and call it good. Basically no punishment for cheating, while we're severely punished for not cheating and having some kids with bad grades or not finishing semesters.

Reaction Score
Southern Miss just self-imposed a post season ban for this season because of an investigation, so maybe Syracuse has decided to do the same. I don't like that programs can self-imposed postseason bans in the middle of the season, but maybe I'm biased because of 2012-2013.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12201722/southern-miss-golden-eagles-self-impose-postseason-ban

It would be one thing if Syracuse self-imposed a ban before the season (maybe they did this and tried to keep it under wraps, but I find this unlikely). But if they self-imposed a ban after it became clear that they were a bubble team, that's laughable.

Reaction Score
The newest rumor is a two year ban (including this season) in addition to scholarship reduction the next 2 years. Most posters think it is BS, as do I. I can't see them banning 'Cuse this year, or reducing scholarships for next year when they already have a full class.

Reaction Score
The NCAA is in survival mode right now. Not even sure if they care what UConn is or isn't doing. If the NCAA's case is helped by punishing Syracuse and/or UNC, then they will be punished. If punishing Syracuse and/or UNC threatens to widen the gulf between the NCAA and the P5, i.e. its money, then they will not be punished.

CL82

Reaction Score
I have been banned 4 times under the same account. The ban goes away after a month or so.
They wouldn't even let me sign up. Maybe I should use a different name.

Reaction Score
The NCAA is in survival mode right now. Not even sure if they care what UConn is or isn't doing. If the NCAA's case is helped by punishing Syracuse and/or UNC, then they will be punished. If punishing Syracuse and/or UNC threatens to widen the gulf between the NCAA and the P5, i.e. its money, then they will not be punished.
^^^This^^^

Reaction Score
Bingo

Reaction Score
I have been banned 4 times under the same account. The ban goes away after a month or so.

They actually went through this thread and banned me again, and I didn't even post anything over there. What a bunch of crybabies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom