Penalty Rumors For Cuse | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Penalty Rumors For Cuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
if they get a postseason ban for this season that's some BS. There's a good chance they miss the tournament this year anyway. If you get "banned" from a tournament you weren't going to be invited to play in anyway, you haven't been punished.

Reaction Score
Wow they can't give them the ban this year can they? I mean that would be beyond comprehension as the investigation is during that time. It has to be given when they can actually suffer a setback from recruiting (kids already signed, seniors who may want to leave like ours) and players already on the roster. Has to be for next year.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure St. John's also self-imposed a coming ban in a year when they weren't making the NIT anyway. If it's this year tough break for any seniors, but Cuse and their douchetastic fanbase.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Yes, you are wrong. Thinking the NCAA will behave in a logical or consistant way is always wrong, no matter what happens in the end.

It would be really lucky for the Cuse if they got banned this year, so that's what I expect to happen. A ban next year would be much, much worse.
Very true...delaying the ban more severely impacts recruiting.
'Cuse and the Tarheels are both deserving of harsh penalties...'Cuse for more than one reason

Reaction Score
Also would like to see if this happens. Nothing will ever get back losing a chance to play in the final Big East tourney at MSG, especially since we've had such a long history of success there and have been a vital member of the conference tourney for decades.

But with the NCAA reinstating Penn States wins, maybe we can replay the 2013 season all over again?

Not playing the final Big East tourney sucked, but it made winning the East Region in MSG last year that much sweeter.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Syracuse - Over a decade of fraud = post season ban.
UConn, transfers drive down accurately reported APR scores NCAA punishes UConn twice for the same year's accurately reported scores.

Anyone else got a problem with these being treated equivalently?

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Do we get to pick which 14 wins he loses? I'd like BET '06 and '09 back, and the game at the Dome in '91, but only since I was there. Throw in an NCAA loss in '03 before the finals (don't want KU getting a fourth title) and then any other 10 will do.

Maybe throw in the game Shumpert was blowing kisses to the crowd. That ticked me off. And the one Rip/Jake were hurt, since that game shouldn't count.

SIX OT.

Reaction Score
But with the NCAA reinstating Penn States wins, maybe we can replay the 2013 season all over again?

Two two automatic bids for this year's tournament would be a good start. . .

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Syracuse - Over a decade of fraud = post season ban.
UConn, transfers drive down accurately reported APR scores NCAA punishes UConn twice for the same year's accurately reported scores.

Anyone else got a problem with these being treated equivalently?

Especially when we learned just how much of a joke the APR metric truly is when Oklahoma St retroactively enrolled a bunch of former players from the 90s to avoid falling below the punishment line. But yeah, we were banned for APR while UNC, the Fruit, Notre Dame, FSU, Penn State, etc run scandals right under Mark Emmert's nose.

Reaction Score
Their posters think that the scholarship loss will be for 2016-2017, but I think it has to be for next year. They have a huge class coming in, so if it is for next year, that will be huge.

If the postseason ban is for this year, that is a huge break for them. They are a borderline tournament team at best right now. On paper, they have a much better team next year.
Saw that. It's comical that they think the NCAA would punish them with a postseason ban this year, give them the green light the following year, and then enforce the scholarship ban in 2016-17.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
They are also dreaming if they think announcers will stop mentioning the ban after it's served.

Reaction Score
Cuse facing second post season ban in 20 years under Boheims watch, the NCAA needs to be tougher with them.

Reaction Score
Ban this year is worse for the players. Ban next year is worse for Syracuse and their fans. ESPN brass puts pressure on NCAA to ban them this year to help out their almamater. Kids get screwed. That's how the cuse rolls.

Reaction Score
It won't be long now before Melo admits that he was allowed to smoke pot freely while at Cuse in 2003.

Reaction Score
I'm really hoping the ban is for next year so it costs them a mass exodus and their recruiting class. Our ban was used against us for 2 recruiting classes and they deserve far far worse. Jimmy also needs to go.

Reaction Score
Vacated wins only impact the coach unless there's a NC at stake. Recruits matter and the wins only meant something at the time. I think it's appropriate but does nothing in terms of deterrence.

Reaction Score
I know we're basing all this speculation on one connected syracuse poster, but is there any precedent for a post season ban halfway through the current season? It basically isn't a punishment except for a few seniors. I want their recruiting class gutted and their ban paraded through the streets for over a year like ours was.

Reaction Score
This is my favorite post from the Syracuse board so far:

Yep ... vacate wins where an ineligible player played? Of course. Ding a scholarship or two? Sure, that's a reasonable punishment. Both of those punish the program. But a tournament ban on top of those? That's excessive and ends up punishing players who weren't even on the roster when the violations occurred. No way the school can accept that ... unless there is a more serious violation that has not been reported yet.

UB1eV.gif

Reaction Score
Hoping it's for next year so fans get to think about the ban for 14 months as opposed to 2

Hell, we had our program dragged through the mud for 18 duck*ing months as the NCAA waited to retroactively enforce a crime five years after it had been committed. The PR was bad in 2013 and even worse in 2012, and it effectively destroyed any chance we had of putting together a decent recruiting class in either of those years (thankfully Calhoun had already committed, we managed to snag Facey, and the staff struck gold with Brimah).

So I'll amend my overly calm post from last night and say that if Cuse gets to serve their ban under their convenient, hand-crafted terms instead of feeling the full effects of the punishment, it's absolutely bull s***. I actually have a begrudging respect for the Syracuse program and I'd much rather see a program like UNC go under water, but any talk of postseason bans immediately trigger my APR PTSD.

Reaction Score
it is so sad when fossil fans feel oh so sorry for cuse seniors la di la di do; i'm not so certain they would feel likewise
I know we're basing all this speculation on one connected syracuse poster, but is there any precedent for a post season ban halfway through the current season? It basically isn't a punishment except for a few seniors. I want their recruiting class gutted and their ban paraded through the streets for over a year like ours was.

I am a fossil fan who hates Cuse, the coach, the playersetc. They cannot lose enough for me. I he they get the ban next year and lose their recruits.

Hey Cuse what goes around comes around. Remember how you laughed at us? Well it's our turn. Ha ha ha.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
It won't be long now before Melo admits that he was allowed to smoke pot freely while at Cuse in 2003.
He also used to do lines off the tops of Laurie Fines breastseses. But then, all of the players did.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
He also used to do lines off the tops of Laurie Fines breastseses. But then, all of the players did.

Shut up Dove.

Nobody needs that imagery. Also, nobody had said that in a while.

Reaction Score
Cuse getting pummeled by Clumpson, they must be trying to throw the season now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom