Peach Jam updates | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Peach Jam updates

Reaction Score
I don't remember it that way. I remember most people being dumbfounded Ollie didn't want Bruce Brown because he was all set to come here. Ollie was interested in Brown if he reclassed but had no interest if he stayed in his class. I never understood why Mitchell wasn't a main priority, everyone knew he was a stud but some people thought it was an either or with Jalen and Mitchell. Mitchell and Brown were both highly ranked. Colson is a better example of a guy who wasn't that highly ranked (despite always kicking butt on the circuit) who wanted to come here and Ollie blew him off.

Brown was in the 100+ in rankings. And there were plenty of detractors here. Brown might have risen in his senior year, but he was in the 100 range about this time of the year.

Reaction Score
Brown was in the 100+ in rankings. And there were plenty of detractors here. Brown might have risen in his senior year, but he was in the 100 range about this time of the year.
You're wrong, Brown was a four star ranked around 50th the year before and was a 5 star ranked around 25th the summer before his senior year.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
You're wrong, Brown was a four star ranked around 50th the year before and was a 5 star ranked around 25th the summer before his senior year.
I think he’s thinking of another Brown we were recruiting. Weren’t we interested in another kid named brown a year or two earlier who was ranked outside the top 100?

Reaction Score

I'm wrong on Brown. I think I got the rankings on the 2 of them mixed up. I knew one of them was lower until he moved up his senior year.

Turns out, it was Donovan Mitchell who was low. He was 133-107 during his junior year. Then around this time prior to his senior year, he went up to 91-85. I just assumed it was Brown who moved up because of the player Mitchell now is.

Brown was highly ranked (top 50) all along.

Mitchell jumped after his senior year had already started.

Reaction Score
I don't remember it that way. I remember most people being dumbfounded Ollie didn't want Bruce Brown because he was all set to come here. Ollie was interested in Brown if he reclassed but had no interest if he stayed in his class. I never understood why Mitchell wasn't a main priority, everyone knew he was a stud but some people thought it was an either or with Jalen and Mitchell. Mitchell and Brown were both highly ranked. Colson is a better example of a guy who wasn't that highly ranked (despite always kicking butt on the circuit) who wanted to come here and Ollie blew him off.

Ollie probably took a quick look at Colson's bio (listed as 6'5") and said he's too short to play power forward for me. Now, if he'd had Hilton's neck he probably would have been 6'9" tall and Ollie might have pursued him.

Reaction Score
even if hurley wants to have two ball handlers on the floor at the same time, i don't see how diarra can be a priority when there are much bigger holes in the frontcourt

20-21
Gilbert-Gaffney
Bouk-Cole
Wing*-Wilson
Akok-Forward*
Center*-Carlton

Last edited:
Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Hurley and Hunter watching Boo Williams (Cameron Thomas) vs Team Final (Noah Collier).

Very impressed with Cam Thomas, Noah Collier has not played very well.
That's water being wet this year.

Did you notice how Lane and Elijah Taylor played for Team Final? They've lapped Collier and have been much better for Team Final this spring.

Reaction Score
That's water being wet this year.

Did you notice how Lane and Elijah Taylor played for Team Final? They've lapped Collier and have been much better for Team Final this spring.

Noah seems to truly lack explosion and athletic ability and that’s tough for his game because he is a 6-7 of that doesn’t have a lot of tools. I just don’t see how it fits into our equation.

Reaction Score
Noah seems to truly lack explosion and athletic ability and that’s tough for his game because he is a 6-7 of that doesn’t have a lot of tools. I just don’t see how it fits into our equation.
Agreed.

Reaction Score
20-21
Gilbert-Gaffney
Bouk-Cole
Wing*-Wilson
Akok-Forward*
Center*-Carlton

Carlton, who will be a senior after starting for two years, will be demoted to a back up in favor of a maybe 4* freshman, and Polley, who will be a senior after starting for two years and our best returning shooter, won't even make the rotation? What?

pj

Reaction Score
Carlton, who will be a senior after starting for two years, will be demoted to a back up in favor of a maybe 4* freshman, and Polley, who will be a senior after starting for two years and our best returning shooter, won't even make the rotation? What?

I think it's not so much adding starters, as adding diversity so we can vary based on matchups:
- Polley and Akok have the 4 spot covered if a lightweight 4 is OK, but if you want to go big with someone stronger, we could use a third PF who can also provide depth at center in small lineups.
- The 3 spot is wide open - Bouk probably plays there in 3 guard lineups, Sid hasn't proven anything, doubt Polley ever plays there. Jackson would be a good fit here, then you have Jackson for athleticism/size/defense and Bouk for shooting, between them they'd cover it well.
- At center Valdir Manuel would be a good complement to Carlton, then you'd like to get a 3rd center for development, ideally a tall shot-blocker who can give a different look.

Reaction Score
Seems like we might finally be showing some serious interest in RJ Davis.

Stats mentioned him too I think... EYBL #s are nuts for a "6 foot" (5'9) guard. He's tremont waters size.

20.3ppg
3.3 reb
3.2 ast (2.1 TO)
49.7% fg
46.9 3ptfg% (5 attempts per game)
80.4% FT (7 attempts per game)
2.1 steals

Kid has everything except size. Legitimately tiny. Could stand to pass better it seems but he is an absolute bucket getter and lights out shooter.

Has a little boatright to his game. Nasty handle, shooter, plays low.. notna natural PG.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

the fact that carlton has been starting on crappy teams doesnt automatically mean he's good enough to start for a tourney team... same goes for polley. if he's the best shooter on the team in two years then things have not gone according to plan...

so yeah i really hope hurley can land some freshman that can either start or at least push some current players further down the rotation in 20-21! isn't that the whole idea???

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
For anyone watching the PSA - Alabama Fusion game do the numbers of PSA kids today match the roster numbers shown on Peach Jam site. The only kid I think I recognize is Josh Gray.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Stats mentioned him too I think... EYBL #s are nuts for a "6 foot" (5'9) guard. He's tremont waters size.

20.3ppg
3.3 reb
3.2 ast (2.1 TO)
49.7% fg
46.9 3ptfg% (5 attempts per game)
80.4% FT (7 attempts per game)
2.1 steals

Kid has everything except size. Legitimately tiny. Could stand to pass better it seems but he is an absolute bucket getter and lights out shooter.

Has a little boatright to his game. Nasty handle, shooter, plays low.. notna natural PG.
Led New Heights(Kimanis old program) in scoring last year. A team that included Achuiwa, Quinones, Mulcahy... kid can flat out score.

Last edited:

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I'm sorry I meant jersey number. I was attempting to id the players by their jersey numbers. Seems PSA roster listing and what the young men were wearing today did not correlate.

Reaction Score
Are there any straight up skeletons on the court? Lets get a fat guy and make him skinny

Reaction Score
the fact that carlton has been starting on crappy teams doesnt automatically mean he's good enough to start for a tourney team... same goes for polley. if he's the best shooter on the team in two years then things have not gone according to plan...

so yeah i really hope hurley can land some freshman that can either start or at least push some current players further down the rotation in 20-21! isn't that the whole idea???

Carlton is going to be good enough to start on a tourney team this year. He made a huge jump last season and has been working his ass off to make another jump this season. He has length, touch, talent and work ethic. Believe, brother

Reaction Score
Very frustrating live stream. Jersey #'s don't seem related in any way to the rosters listed, only 1 court seems to ever catch a glimpse of the scoreboard to even figure out which team is which when a basket is scored, camera angles and distance seldom allow the ability to read the jersey's to identify a team, and link to live stats never brought me to live stats. I was very disappointed to spend an hour last night and an hour this morning and only identified 1 player reliably. Hugley reminded me of Adrian Dantley going to free throw line every time he touched the ball. Looked very comfortable and efficient from the line. I probably saw him shoot 8-10 foul shots in 8-10 minutes of time and he only missed once.

If anybody has figured out the roster #'s for PSA or any other prospects we are looking at, I'd love to try again.

Reaction Score
Very frustrating live stream. Jersey #'s don't seem related in any way to the rosters listed, only 1 court seems to ever catch a glimpse of the scoreboard to even figure out which team is which when a basket is scored, camera angles and distance seldom allow the ability to read the jersey's to identify a team, and link to live stats never brought me to live stats. I was very disappointed to spend an hour last night and an hour this morning and only identified 1 player reliably. Hugley reminded me of Adrian Dantley going to free throw line every time he touched the ball. Looked very comfortable and efficient from the line. I probably saw him shoot 8-10 foul shots in 8-10 minutes of time and he only missed once.

If anybody has figured out the roster #'s for PSA or any other prospects we are looking at, I'd love to try again.

Courts 4 and 5 were reversed on the stream when I saw it for a few minutes... might be why you're confused. Also check to make sure you're looking at the 2019 roster on the EYBL website for #s. I've make that mistake before.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom