PC’s “talent” | Page 2 | The Boneyard

PC’s “talent”

Reaction Score
They had the 2 best guys on the court last night, too. Duke and Watson both 2nd team All-Big East.

Prov record against teams without a 1st or 2nd BE team player:
5-4

That includes 3 games against Depaul and the game against us without Bouk.
i felt like charlie moore was trying to send a message with this game. as much as we make fun of him for taking bouk's spot on the preseason first team, he can really play.

and i like nate watson, too. it's duke who is maybe the most disappointing player in the league. does anyone else do less with more?

Reaction Score
Hard to believe a team can show up at the world's most famous arena for the greatest conference tournament in the country with zero energy and passion. Maybe like many of their fans on the PeeCee board, they were looking ahead to a rematch with UConn??

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
PC played horribly last night - plain and simple
I fully understand Cooley's disgust with his team but he should not have walked off the court like he did - like him or not he is a quality guy - I cut him slack on that action- we all screw up once in a while

Nice that tzznandrew responded to the original post - I understood where he was coming from when he first posted it - someone in a moment of excitement tries to make a point and then say- oops I guess I put you on ignore but responds to the retort?

=========================================================================

And your basically saying you woul only take bouknight over Watson and duke with combining both rosters that is laughable!

Take a breath and read carefully you will see he doesn't say that anywhere. He said that without Bouk playing, PC had the best 2 players on the court that night and he was correct at that point in time. Nothing about taking any other players etc

Reaction Score
PC played horribly last night - plain and simple
I fully understand Cooley's disgust with his team but he should not have walked off the court like he did - like him or not he is a quality guy - I cut him slack on that action- we all screw up once in a while

Nice that tzznandrew responded to the original post - I understood where he was coming from when he first posted it - someone in a moment of excitement tries to make a point and then say- oops I guess I put you on ignore but responds to the retort?

=========================================================================

Take a breath and read carefully you will see he doesn't say that anywhere. He said that without Bouk playing, PC had the best 2 players on the court that night and he was correct at that point in time. Nothing about taking any other players etc
Number 1: Nobody asked you
Number 2: He tried making the point that just because PC had the two most talented players on the court that night, they necessarily should have won. Because those two players were so far and above anything UConn countered with. Which was just total BS, as proved by......
Number 3: PC most definitely had the more talented team on the floor last night, and the two most talented players. And got punked. By a team that won 4 games the ENTIRE year.

Reaction Score
Hard to say Cooley's coaching is solely at fault even though he may have been overrated the past few years.
My take is he recruited guys with the wrong attitude, mainly Duke.
So far, DH has not brought any cancers onto the current roster and next year's recruits and Floyd all act and sound like guys committed to team play and winning more so than having their hair done right for television.

Reaction Score
And your basically saying you woul only take bouknight over Watson and duke with combining both rosters that is laughable!
Learn to read. They had the two best players on the court that day. You can go back and read the thread if you like. I didn't really say anything in that thread that I regret, though I expected the rest of their season to go better than it did.

Reaction Score
They had the 2 best guys on the court last night, too. Duke and Watson both 2nd team All-Big East.

Prov record against teams without a 1st or 2nd BE team player:
5-4

That includes 3 games against Depaul and the game against us without Bouk.
Moore and Freeman-Liberty were the two best players on the court yesterday by any statistical measure.

Reaction Score
Providence 35% from the field, 52% from the FT line, 27% beyond the 3.

Noah and a massive ark load of praying Friars couldn't have saved PC from the hail stones clanging off of their rims.

Reaction Score
Learn to read. They had the two best players on the court that day. You can go back and read the thread if you like. I didn't really say anything in that thread that I regret, though I expected the rest of their season to go better than it did.
Oh my fault amazing take providence had the two best players on the court that day when uconn played their worst game of the year.

Reaction Score
In the last thread I ranked the players specifically for the full season to that point and then we started talking about having the 2 best players and it was not in the context of that day only.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Hard to say Cooley's coaching is solely at fault even though he may have been overrated the past few years.
So far, DH has not brought any cancers onto the current roster and next year's recruits and Floyd all act and sound like guys committed to team play and winning more so than having their hair done right for television.
What did you mean by "Having their hair done right for television", was this suggested by TV commentators, players, coaches?

Reaction Score
Wait, you're saying TV friendly hair is one of Cooley's priorities? Really? Huh.

Reaction Score
I like how PC fans have been calling UConn 'Nouveau Riche' as an insult for about 25 years. Yet as soon as they won a few games and got a few 1st round tournament exits in a row they became 'Kings of New England', during which time UConn actually won a title. But UConn fans are the delusional ones...

Reaction Score
Gantt was basically invisible this year. Whether that was a no PG/Duke+ Watson problem, I don't know. But one of the least impactful players in the Big East. He played half their total minutes and scored 100 points total. 25% less points per minute than Jalen Gaffney.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I have a feeling it won’t be their last transfer after the underperformance this year. It’s hard to keep talent now regardless, and it was a pretty rough year for them so I am guessing there’s at least one more person who will leave. No source, just my own speculation.

Reaction Score
From the little I was reading on the Providence board after the DePaul game I think the expected this. Seemed like they felt he was being played out of position and that wasn't going to change with Horchler still playing the 4 and Watson coming back next year for the extra year

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom