PC’s “talent” | The Boneyard

PC’s “talent”

Reaction Score
So who was the guy that kept arguing after the first game that we played against PC that they had two guys that were so far and away more talented then anyone we had and that’s why they beat us??

Well, they just got punked by a DePaul team that won four games all year. FOUR.

But hey, you’ll always have that win over us in 2004 and in the BET in the mid 90s.

Lolllolol

Reaction Score
I always figure Duke & Reeves woulda been here but obv Ollie was struggling (understatement) to recruit by then. Reeves is often invisible when I watch them, I like DDuke but wonder if he’s more high volume than a terrific player.

Reaction Score
With UConn back in the fold, one can only assume PC’s Renaissance of a couple straight first round exits in the NCAAs is over. Back to the bottom third of the BE where they belong. Looking at rosters for next year, they might just be the worst team in the BE. We all know DePaul will find a way to finish last, but Providence should give them a run for their money.

Reaction Score
I did. I stand by that. Without Bouk we were tied with DePaul under four minutes left.

Further, DePaul isn't nearly as bad as their record. People have rightly called the team sloppy, but Covid destroyed them more than any other BE team. They've had time to play together and practice and though they've still been losing it's not like they've largely been easy outs. And they beat St. John's.

Anyway, yeah, when we played PC we had no Bouk and it was Jackson's second game back. They had the two best players on the court and won by double figures.

Also, I didn't say they had two players "far and away more talented". I said they had the two best players on the court and you aren't going to win many games where the other team has the two best player on the court. And, again, I was right.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Agree. I saw the score tbis morning and someone was picking Providence all day (and all season). Clearly they had some insider information we did not know about. ?

Reaction Score
I did. I stand by that. Without Bouk we were tied with DePaul under four minutes left.

Further, DePaul isn't nearly as bad as their record. People have rightly called the team sloppy, but Covid destroyed them more than any other BE team. They've had time to play together and practice and though they've still been losing it's not like they've largely been easy outs. And they beat St. John's.

Anyway, yeah, when we played PC we had no Bouk and it was Jackson's second game back. They had the two best players on the court and won by double figures.

Also, I didn't say they had two players "far and away more talented". I said they had the two best players on the court and you aren't going to win many games where the other team has the two best player on the court. And, again, I was right.
Providence two best players are frauds. Anyone that watched that first Providence game knew there was something up with the team. I think they thought bouk was coming back and it caused Uconn to play by far their worst overall game of the year.

Reaction Score
And your basically saying you woul only take bouknight over Watson and duke with combining both rosters that is laughable!

Reaction Score
David duke 2-9 from field with season on the line. David Duke 3-16 vs healthy Uconn roster guy is a complete fraud!

Reaction Score
David duke shooting vs top 3 teams in the big East 8-30 vs Uconn 2 games
12-38 vs Villanova 2 games
7-30 vs creighton 2 games
If that was UConn’s best player we would want to blow it up coupled with first round exit to DePaul!

Reaction Score
They have more talent than their record indicates.

Could it be possibly...hmmm.....poor coaching?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Where are all the impotent PC pukes that infest the yard now? All they got left is sitting around waiting to get their COVID shot. I'm sure they thought it would take more than one season for UConn to send them back into the second division.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
PC seems like one of those teams that has some talent, but just don't jell for whatever reason. Could be coaching, could be the players don't quite fit together, or something else entirely.

Reaction Score

Makes sense. That was the night I put you on ignore.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Earlier this week, their board was saying they liked their chances against us. Then threw up a stinkbomb against Depaul. Classic PC stuff.
They still believe Cooley owns Hurley because they went head-to-head every year with vastly different rosters.
Actually, I took a look at their board, they might be wavering on big Ed a little.

Reaction Score

They had the 2 best guys on the court last night, too. Duke and Watson both 2nd team All-Big East.

Prov record against teams without a 1st or 2nd BE team player:
5-4

That includes 3 games against Depaul and the game against us without Bouk.

Reaction Score
They still believe Cooley owns Hurley because they went head-to-head every year with vastly different rosters.
Actually, I took a look at their board, they might be wavering on big Ed a little.
They can "waver" all they want. They just signed him to an extension for 30-40m over the next TEN years. LOL.

Reaction Score
Cooley flirted with Michigan (Warde) 2 years ago after Beilein left. He led PC to believe it was more serious than it was and squeezed that extension out of them. Like it or not, PC is stuck with him for years....

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Where's the national criticism of Cooley leaving the court before his team? If Hurley ever did something like that, you know he'd be getting crucified on twitter and by the talking heads.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
PC has raw talent that doesn’t seem to mature. The game last night was Friday night pickup street hoops. No discipline, turnovers, forced shots. Very undisciplined squad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom