PBR/espnW releases 2022/23 rankings | The Boneyard

PBR/espnW releases 2022/23 rankings

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
That's a move downward for Brady. Another UConn POI--KK Bransford--slipped significantly to 27.

Londynn Jones is 15th, Grace Van Slooten 16th, Shay Bollin 19th, Ashlynn Jackson 22nd, and Jenna Isai 26th.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
They also adjusted their 2023 list as well.

Judea Watkins still #1. Chloe Clardy a way too low 22nd.

Reaction Score
Well they wasted no time posting their logo but they haven't found the time to post their own analysis. On her player page, Brady is still No 2 per Olson, and not a comma or period about her (or anyone) from Premier.

There are 7 98's and UConn has one while no one else has decided.

Reaction Score
As to the 2021 re-ranking, I made several posts admitting the potential SEC/SCar bias.

Have not made up my mind about the 2022 class. I do note that SCar native/target, Talaysia Cooper, made a big jump, while SCar native/target, Ashylnn Watkins, had a slight drop

SCar named as finalists: Lauren Betts, Lazaria Spearman, Maya Nnaji,

Purported offer by SCar: Ayanna Patterson, Ashlynn Wadkins, , Shay Bolin, Nyla Harris, Talaysia Cooper

Reaction Score
Betts? Possible? Likely? We haven't done that well with true bigs for a good while. Yes, we got Breanna. But just wondering if this is someone, at 6'7", who would fit here...

Would be interested in BY'ers' opinions....

Reaction Score
Betts? Possible? Likely? We haven't done that well with true bigs for a good while. Yes, we got Breanna. But just wondering if this is someone, at 6'7", who would fit here...

I Think Betts stays out west or heads south to Baylor , but who knows.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Chance Gray (from 26th) has made a bit of a jump. It will be interesting to see where others rank her.

She is the younger sister of Amber Gray, former Lady Vol/Xavier Musketeer, who way back when (2008) was ranked #4 in the Nation in her class. Had heart problems so her D1 basketball career didn't play out as expected, but it's clear Chance has someone close who knows a few things about all this.

Reaction Score
As to the 2021 re-ranking, I made several posts admitting the potential SEC/SCar bias.

Have not made up my mind about the 2022 class. I do note that SCar native/target, Talaysia Cooper, made a big jump, while SCar native/target, Ashylnn Watkins, had a slight drop

SCar named as finalists: Lauren Betts, Lazaria Spearman, Maya Nnaji,

Purported offer by SCar: Ayanna Patterson, Ashlynn Wadkins, , Shay Bolin, Nyla Harris, Talaysia Cooper

I believe SC has also offered 6'5" Kyla Oldacre #17

Reaction Score
I believe UConn has interest in the top-6, with #5 Isuneh Brady committed.
Interesting. Only one Texas based ranking in top 39 unlike other years where Top20 made up of many talented basketball players from around state. Suspect this will mean that top teams like UConn, ND, and others will look elsewhere and teams like Texas, Texas A&M, etc. will benefit from the potential trend.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Interesting. Only one Texas based ranking in top 39 unlike other years where Top20 made up of many talented basketball players from around state.
Not too much of an outlier. The top 20 for 2021 only has one Texas player (Harmon).

Three 2022s from DeSoto HS are ranked in the 44-57 range. Their junior class is something else.

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
Chance Gray (from 26th) has made a bit of a jump. It will be interesting to see where others rank her.

She is the younger sister of Amber Gray, former Lady Vol/Xavier Musketeer, who way back when (2008) was ranked #4 in the Nation in her class. Had heart problems so her D1 basketball career didn't play out as expected, but it's clear Chance has someone close who knows a few things about all this.
Amber actually had a brain aneurysm, had surgery in her home state to remove a vein from her arm to place in her brain to reroute blood flow around the aneurysm and decided to transfer closer to home after the surgery to be close to the hospital and doctors that performed the surgery. It’s a shame it happened to her, she had a bright career ahead of her I think.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That's a move downward for Brady. Another UConn POI--KK Bransford--slipped significantly to 27.
Londynn Jones is 15th, Grace Van Slooten 16th, Shay Bollin 19th, Ashlynn Jackson 22nd, and Jenna Isai 26th.
Wait! That's not supposed to happen! When you commit to UCONN I though your ranking was "guaranteed" to go up.

Reaction Score
I believe SC has also offered 6'5" Kyla Oldacre #17

She visited back in late January early February, but neither she nor any recruiting service nor our so-called "insiders" are reporting an offer. Nobody really knows except her and Dawn.

Dawn had already reportedly offered a number of bigs before her visit: Betts; Nnaji; and Watkins not to mention Patterson who isn't a post but is a strong 6-3 with dunkability. I think Dawn really wants 2 posts in this class - or at least a post and a powerful forward like Patterson, so Oldacre might get that offer if one of the three posts chooses elsewhere.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score

The reason Stewie came to UConn is because thats the only school she wanted to attend. I heard about Stewie from a friend who saw her play. His daughters played AAU ball with Tina Charles, Kia Vaughn Danielle Wilson E Prince Bria Hartley and a few others, and he knew the players. He had heard that she wanted to play for UConn and only UConn. I wont go into anymore detail because Im a marked poster.

So the reason we havent been landing bigs is a mystery. Our coaching staff has developed some pretty good bigs in the past. Most likely there are many reasons all of which we dont know why they dont come. IMO to be offered the opportunity to play for the best teacher and coach and not play for them is a mystery to me. Kids have their reasons. To play for the best, with the best and knowing UConns history and accomplishments is again a mystery.

The funny thing is UConn continues to make FF and win NC's and is the premier program in WCBB. With our freshman class this season and with our next two classes already lining up and our current roster shows UConn will set themselves apart from everybody else again. UConn is in position to make another run at setting new records in WCBB most of which theyve already set.

Reaction Score
Here's an example of the high quality, in depth analysis that goes into Hoopgurlz '23 rankings that everyone should be drooling to get their hands on. Breya Cunningham is a highly skilled 6-4 post from Cali. that is probably underrated at #7. She is comparable to UConn commit I. Brady and a year younger. And is rated a elite post prospect regardless of class. However, Hoopgurlz using their crystal ball has listed Letycia Vasconcelos, a 6-7 post from Georgia at #6 as a 5 Star without ANY evaluation available. What? The dart they threw must have landed on a #6.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am very happy with Liv and DeBerry as bigs who are multifaceted at 6' 5". I suppose some 6'-7'' powerhouse might be fun to have but they clog up the offense too much for my liking. And Piath can give us some fouls and Physicality if we need it.

Reaction Score
Here's an example of the high quality, in depth analysis that goes into Hoopgurlz '23 rankings that everyone should be drooling to get their hands on. Breya Cunningham is a highly skilled 6-4 post from Cali. that is probably underrated at #7. She is comparable to UConn commit I. Brady and a year younger. And is rated a elite post prospect regardless of class. However, Hoopgurlz using their crystal ball has listed Letycia Vasconcelos, a 6-7 post from Georgia at #6 as a 5 Star without ANY evaluation available. What? The dart they threw must have landed on a #6.

She plays on the loaded FBC team.

With some other players this service has rated higher than most. Raven Johnson. Fulwiley.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom