Votes: 64 42.4%
  • 2:1 Jelly

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Straight Jelly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Curiouser
Reaction Score
For those who don't like natural PB because of the liquid on top, I've found that storing the jar upside down fixes this. Serious, and has never leaked once (since the liquid goes up).
I used to do this, then one of them leaked. Now I don't.

Reaction Score
A girl in my class in elementary school had butter sandwiches for lunch every day. Yep, just butter and bread, cold. Like a 1/4" thick of butter. I haven't seen or heard of her since, but I still remember her name because of those frigging gross sandwiches she used to eat.

Found her

Reaction Score
Oh thank god no one has willingly chose 2:1 Jelly so far. Anxiously waiting for Chief tho...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You have to experiment sometimes
I'm with you on the different nut butters--I like pretty much all of them, especially raw nut butters like cashew, almond or walnut butters. Got one at a farmer's market in VT last year that had almonds, cashews and pralines, with maple and ginger. It was good for snacking with a few crackers.

My recent favorite has unfortunately gone out of business this year: I loved Green Mountain Goodness from Vermont Peanut Butter, which was made with peanuts, almonds, flax seeds and pumpkin seeds. Perfect consistency for just about any application. Great crunch.

Reaction Score
I'm a 2:1 PB guy on white bread. Sometimes I put potato chips in the middle, the sweetness of the pb and the saltiness of the chips. Don't knock until you give it a try.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

This picture looks more like anti peanut mom a split second after someone says, "Yeah my kid only likes PB&J's so that's what he's bringing to lunch. Tell your kid not to eat his sandwich and everything should be fine."

Reaction Score
1 slice of cheese in the middle... if you love cheese like i do, you will love PB&J / w Cheese

QuickDraw

NCSWIC
Reaction Score
PB & banana on plain or toasted bread is my go, rarely with jelly & not a huge fan of a straight pb sandwich, much prefer to spread it on crackers or right off the spoon. Jelly is for my toasted english muffin. Fluff is just gross & nobody could convince me otherwise. Creamy rocks, if I want crunchy I'll just have some nuts.

Reaction Score
1 slice of cheese in the middle... if you love cheese like i do, you will love PB&J / w Cheese

Now that's just messing it all up. I love cheese, but dairy gets in the way of the fruit and nut flavor on the palate.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I will eat straight peanut butter. Out of the jar or on bread -- white, wheat, rye, Portuguese, ciabatta, I don't care. Or on crackers. Ritz preferred, but like the bread, most any will do. until about 5 years ago, it had to be crunchy. Then I just stopped eating crunchy and started preferring creamy.

I will also eat Jam (not jelly), but it's got to be raspberry, with seeds, and preferably Malkin's Canadian Jam in a can, although my second choice, oddly enough is Aldi's house brand. On crackers, or on whole wheat toast. No substitutes.

But I will NOT eat Peanut butter and Jam (or Jelly) together, under any circumstances.

Last edited:

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
A girl in my class in elementary school had butter sandwiches for lunch every day. Yep, just butter and bread, cold. Like a 1/4" thick of butter. I haven't seen or heard of her since, but I still remember her name because of those frigging gross sandwiches she used to eat.
That's gross. Everyone knows a straight butter sandwich goes on a hard roll.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
My breakfast most mornings is natural chunky PB on whole wheat or other multi-grain toast. Trader Joe's sold my favorite PB with salt and flax seeds in it, but I haven't seen it lately.

Welch's Grape Jelly once in a while is the Heinz Ketchup of the jam/jelly world.

Reaction Score
I am scared to ruin a childhood memories by trying it now but I grew up with PB and Fluff on potato bread. I don't really do PB sandwiches much but I do eat waffles w PB and syrup regularly.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I'm probably more like 1.5 /1 or 1.75 / 1 ratio, PB to J. I voted 2/1 PB, that's pretty close.

The perfect PB sandwich is not drowning in Jelly, but just enough to combat the PB's stickiness and add some sweetness.

Reaction Score
Several years ago I started putting peanut butter in my oatmeal for a great breakfast hack.
My kids are addicted to that, won't eat oatmeal without peanut butter and their favorite is mixing it in with blueberry oatmeal, I guess a PB&Joats.

The oils in the natural or organic peanut butters are much better & all the major brands make one's which bridge the gap from the old processed style.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I can probably live on PB&J. I voted 1:1 ratio but now that I think about it I definitely go heavy on the peanut butter. I go with creamy PB and have been getting the natural most recently. Pro tip is to definitely store it upside down in the fridge.

The big question is what flavor jelly? I go strawberry, raspberry, or blackberry. Never grape.

A good friend of mine used to make PB and cheese and I eas flabbergasted by this. Refused to try it even though I love both on their own.

As a post script, if you are a 2:1 jelly person you may be the next Richard Kuklinski.

Reaction Score
Several years ago I started putting peanut butter in my oatmeal for a great breakfast hack.

I absolutely add peanut butter to my oatmeal. Great call.

Another hack in my family is that my wife uses the powdered peanut butter in oatmeal and smoothies. Gives it some peanut butter taste without all of the calories and easier to mix. You don't get the creaminess, but that works, especially in a smoothie.

Another hack is using a sandwich presser to seal the ends with PB&J in the middle while toasting it. Oozy deliciousness as long as you don't singe the roof of your mouth.

Finally, since people brought up other odd things they add to their peanut butter, I've found that I enjoy cream cheese and peanut butter on graham crackers. It's like a less sugary deconstructed peanut butter cheese cake!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I absolutely add peanut butter to my oatmeal. Great call.

Another hack in my family is that my wife uses the powdered peanut butter in oatmeal and smoothies. Gives it some peanut butter taste without all of the calories and easier to mix. You don't get the creaminess, but that works, especially in a smoothie.

Another hack is using a sandwich presser to seal the ends with PB&J in the middle while toasting it. Oozy deliciousness as long as you don't singe the roof of your mouth.

Finally, since people brought up other odd things they add to their peanut butter, I've found that I enjoy cream cheese and peanut butter on graham crackers. It's like a less sugary deconstructed peanut butter cheese cake!
Hmm, I think see the future:

Wife: "Honey, you are putting cream cheese and peanut butter on a graham cracker? Why would you even think to do that?"
CL82: Takes bite and says: "Boneyard"
Wife: Sighs and walks away
CL82: Thinks "Cool, I'm making a second one."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger