Pattern Recognition - UConn Will Repeat in 2024 | The Boneyard

Pattern Recognition - UConn Will Repeat in 2024

Reaction Score
Sorry if this is bad mojo, but it's not a matter of opinion - it's just a statement of fact in the form of a mathematical equation. UConn will win the 2024 National Championship. How do I know this? It's easy:

As you all know, UConn has won titles in 99, 04, 11, 14, and 23. I was reminded of this while standing at the urinal not long ago, looking down at the "Arrogant and Spoiled" CHAMP5 shirt I was wearing. And that's when it hit me - the years between titles have been as follows: 5, 7, 3, and 9. If you had to fill in the blank with respect to this pattern recognition problem, how would you complete it:

5, 7, 3, 9, __

The only answer is 1. It's the only odd number left in the sequence, but the pattern is more important, which is +2, -4, +6, -8, which once again would give you 1. The years in the AAC may have seemed like a mistake, but they were all a part of the process. We don't get to the repeat without a 9-year drought. You saw the proof here: there will only be one year until another championship, which means UConn is running it back in 2024.

q.e.d.

Reaction Score
1698873227316.gif

Reaction Score
Sorry if this is bad mojo, but it's not a matter of opinion - it's just a statement of fact in the form of a mathematical equation. UConn will win the 2024 National Championship. How do I know this? It's easy:

As you all know, UConn has won titles in 99, 04, 11, 14, and 23. I was reminded of this while standing at the urinal not long ago, looking down at the "Arrogant and Spoiled" CHAMP5 shirt I was wearing. And that's when it hit me - the years between titles have been as follows: 5, 7, 3, and 9. If you had to fill in the blank with respect to this pattern recognition problem, how would you complete it:

5, 7, 3, 9, __

The only answer is 1. It's the only odd number left in the sequence, but the pattern is more important, which is +2, -4, +6, -8, which once again would give you 1. The years in the AAC may have seemed like a mistake, but they were all a part of the process. We don't get to the repeat without a 9-year drought. You saw the proof here: there will only be one year until another championship, which means UConn is running it back in 2024.

q.e.d.
Not to rain on your parade, or your math logic, but this has probably been mentioned on here at least 10 times since #5 this past April. I guess we have a lot of math nerds on this board. :)
nerds GIF

Reaction Score
Not to rain on your parade, or your math logic, but this has probably been mentioned on here at least 10 times since #5 this past April. I guess we have a lot of math nerds on this board. :)
nerds GIF
For some reason, I picture Rain Man. Let's revisit this at the end of March. I hope this is one of those, the numbers don't lie kind of thing. :)

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

5, 7, 3, 9, __

q.e.d.

51c.gif

Reaction Score

5, 7, 3, 9, __

q.e.d.
Your logic checks out, but we’d better enjoy the next one, because 2035 is a long way off.

Reaction Score
I think Mike Anthony reads the Boneyard. I also think he gets paid by the word. He writes the longest articles.

Twenty years removed from the first dual championships and 10 from the latest, it is realistic to wonder if 2024 is also built for partnering runs that end with ladders and scissors. The UConn men are defending national champions and ranked No. 6 in the Associated Press preseason poll. The UConn women are ranked No. 2. They are aligned and positioned about as well as two teams can be at a season’s outset — and, of course, they’re the only programs in college basketball history to have shown they both can break tape in simultaneous marathons.

Alternate access:

UConn won dual NCAA titles in 2004 and 2014. Can Huskies make basketball history again in 2024?

Reaction Score
There is one pattern that remains true during the KenPom era. Here are the general credentials:

1) top 20 team in adjusted D - KenPom
2) top 20 team in adjusted O - KenPom
3) AP ranked week 6 (I forget how high)

Over the last 20+ seasons (except 2014 muhahaha!) every champion fit that category. Last year was no different.

Reaction Score
Smh i said this a month ago. You are copyrighting. I need a lawyer

5, 7, 3, 9, __

q.e.d.

Reaction Score
Smh i said this a month ago. You are copyrighting. I need a lawyer
I think you mean plagiarizing. If you copyrighted in the first place maybe a lawyer could help you.

I swear it was enough of an original thought that I got excited enough to make a rare post. But kudos to you for making the same observation!

Excited to start the mathematically guaranteed repeat tonight!

Reaction Score
I think you mean plagiarizing. If you copyrighted in the first place maybe a lawyer could help you.

I swear it was enough of an original thought that I got excited enough to make a rare post. But kudos to you for making the same observation!

Excited to start the mathematically guaranteed repeat tonight!
Hahaha touché!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
'Where?

Anyplace you can bet on UConn, meaning not legally in Connecticut

Just looked up today's odds

Women are +450

Men are +2000

Parlay = +11,450

Women must have been + 500 when I made that post

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score

Dual Championships
It should be an even more impressive every 10 year streak. In 1994 UConn had a very good shot take the first dual championships, but choked in the tourney that year.

For the men, that is the year that UConn collapsed against Florida in the NCAAs as we had zero made FGs in the last 10 minutes of regulation and Donyell missed two free throws with 3 seconds left in the game that would have clinched the game--where we eventually lost in OT. That team was stacked with Donyell, Ray Allen, Donny Marshall, Kevin Ollie, Doron Sheffer, Travis Knight, Brian Fair, Kirk King, etc.....I still think we had a great shot to win it all with that team if they didn't completely choke against Florida.

For the women, they were the #1 seed in the East and choked themselves against UNC in the Elite 8 in a game in NJ. That was a stacked team with Rizzotti, Lobo, Walters, etc and were a powerhouse. After choking against UNC, they ended up not losing another game for over 18 months (going undefeated the next year). They really should have won in 1994.

While the 16 championships since 1994 certainly help to get over the disappointment of the 1994 NCAA tournaments for UConn...that every 10 year streak should look even more impressive!:)

DALTX

People better get us now ... because it's coming
Reaction Score
Your logic checks out, but we’d better enjoy the next one, because 2035 is a long way off.
Or, the pattern only considers single digit numbers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom