Patriots and Tom Brady | The Boneyard

Patriots and Tom Brady

Reaction Score
One week into the season and it looks like the Patriots did the right thing. Obviously, things could change as the season progresses. Cam Newton was excellent and Brady was so-so. Personally, I think Tom Brady is just getting old and, although it is hard, it was time for the Pats to move on. Reminds me of when the Sox had to make the tough decision on Pedro.

Reaction Score
Eaaaaaaaasy there, tiger.

Tampa Bay has way too much talent to gauge the result on Week 1. And there's no way Cam Newton will hold up for 16 games with that many designed runs or him allowing himself to take those hits. I was impressed with the gameplan McDaniel put together and he looked very calm and in control, but that's also the effect of Belichick with a long time to prep for an opponent and not needing to score much in that particular game.

Brady went into an immediate shootout against maybe a top 3 offense and a decent defense. I'm not making any final assessments yet.

Reaction Score
It's been well established Brady is not a freak of nature, physically. He's a field general, not an athlete. It would take a freak of nature to quarterback effectively at 45.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Got to say, Brady and his cursing out of everyone when he is part of the problem is getting old. Rogers even after his pick six has a mature demeanor

Reaction Score
Got to say, Brady and his cursing out of everyone when he is part of the problem is getting old. Rogers even after his pick six has a mature demeanor
He seems to have become cocky. So much for the humble Tom Brady! He is outcoaching Belichick right now. He's not what he used to be but his team sure is doing very well. Could easily be 6-0 right now. Belichick sucks when it comes to drafting offensive skill players.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
He seems to have become cocky. So much for the humble Tom Brady! He is outcoaching Belichick right now. He's not what he used to be but his team sure is doing very well. Could easily be 6-0 right now. Belichick sucks when it comes to drafting offensive skill players.

Of course the second I said it being down 10-0, 2 bad interceptions by Rogers and Brady (and Gronkowski) remembers how to play and GB gets blitzed

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's like Brady is the only QB who ever yelled at his players.

Reaction Score
The Pats' dynasty was based on Brady coaching the offense and Belichick coaching the defense and special teams. Belichick's ego is too big for New England. Might fit in the northeast, though. Dude handed Philadelphia a Super Bowl title out of spite towards Brady. Unreal.

Reaction Score
Brady looking good now the Pats not so much, Cam looks pretty bad too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom