Change Ad Consent Patriots and Tom Brady | The Boneyard

Patriots and Tom Brady

-
One week into the season and it looks like the Patriots did the right thing. Obviously, things could change as the season progresses. Cam Newton was excellent and Brady was so-so. Personally, I think Tom Brady is just getting old and, although it is hard, it was time for the Pats to move on. Reminds me of when the Sox had to make the tough decision on Pedro.

Eaaaaaaaasy there, tiger.

Tampa Bay has way too much talent to gauge the result on Week 1. And there's no way Cam Newton will hold up for 16 games with that many designed runs or him allowing himself to take those hits. I was impressed with the gameplan McDaniel put together and he looked very calm and in control, but that's also the effect of Belichick with a long time to prep for an opponent and not needing to score much in that particular game.

Brady went into an immediate shootout against maybe a top 3 offense and a decent defense. I'm not making any final assessments yet.

It's been well established Brady is not a freak of nature, physically. He's a field general, not an athlete. It would take a freak of nature to quarterback effectively at 45.

Last edited: