Patriots among admirable company as sports dynasty | The Boneyard

Patriots among admirable company as sports dynasty

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
If the Patriots lose to the Rams they will have lost the most Super bowls in NFL history at 5. Including 4 in the Brady era.
Go Rams!!
Gee, I wonder if they have any kind of "Win" Super Bowl records???? :rolleyes:

And then there's the notion that in order to lose the SB, you have to get there first.

Last edited:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Sox, Pats, and hopefully a UConn national championship. I could live with winning a national title every few months as a spoiled New England sports fan.
Nothing beats 2004.

The curse ends and the Sox win the World Series. Actually, that would be enough to make it great year in New England Sports, but keep in mind that Pats had already won the Super Bowl and UConn had won Men's and Woman's NCAA basketball national championships.

Reaction Score
Nothing beats 2004.

The curse ends and the Sox win the World Series. Actually, that would be enough to make it great year in New England Sports, but keep in mind that Pats had already won the Super Bowl and UConn had won Men's and Woman's NCAA basketball national championships.

But yeah! have never heard of tired of winning.

Reaction Score
If the Patriots lose to the Rams they will have lost the most Super bowls in NFL history at 5. Including 4 in the Brady era.
Go Rams!!

Pats are rolling, so I don't think its gonna happen. :D:D:D:D:D

One great read about the Pats offense thus far in the post season - some pretty heady stuff going on:

You Can’t Touch Tom Brady

CL82

Reaction Score
I ran across this UCONN WB reference by AP
Patriots among admirable company as sports dynasty
1548788522681.png

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Typical hater.

Typical hater.
How about most super bowl in the history of NFL!!!
Rams will fold in third quarter.
Hey if Seattle did a running play instead of that stupid pass the Pat's would have had the record after the Eagle game last year.
Go Rams!!

Reaction Score
Hey if Seattle did a running play instead of that stupid pass the Pat's would have had the record after the Eagle game last year.
Go Rams!!
Using "what if" is for poor losers. Accept the facts what happened and move on is the only way to live.
I can say the same to the Pat that lost a Super Bowl to the Giants with that unbelievable helmet catch with the best corner back's arm inside????

Do you think the Bills lost 4 Super bowl in the row make them a bad team? Say that to Bill's Fans.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Nothing beats 2004.

2004 was epic. Men & Women hoops, Sox, Pats, Motor City Bowl, my semi-pro team went 13-0, won our league and lost in semi's of National Playoffs. Oh and I got married w/o missing any games.

Reaction Score
The Patriots wer caught videotaping their opponents (CHEATING), then Brady was caught deflating balls (CHEATING). The question is how will these tainted Super Bowl Years be veiwed in the future. The Patriots are the Barry Bonds of the NFL.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
The very worst thing about the outrageous robbery perpetrated on the Saints is that they are denied the opportunity to take down the Patriots...almost as much fun as UConn whipping up on Notre Dame!
One play does not make a game. Blaming the NO loss on the non-call is an excuse. They played a whole game, plus, and did not win. Accept it or not, but stop whining.

Reaction Score
One play does not make a game. Blaming the NO loss on the non-call is an excuse. They played a whole game, plus, and did not win. Accept it or not, but stop whining.
Well said. I concur!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Go Rams!!

6 actually. chi/gb/nyg/nyg/phi/lar

took bad atlanta and seattle went full stupid

CL82

Reaction Score
The Patriots wer caught videotaping their opponents (CHEATING), then Brady was caught deflating balls (CHEATING). The question is how will these tainted Super Bowl Years be veiwed in the future. The Patriots are the Barry Bonds of the NFL.
Sigh you know that is complete horsesheet right? Everyone videotapes opponents, you just can't do it form certain locations. Pats interpretation followed the literal language of a new rule. League basically said "Well what we meant to say..."
Deflategate was the biggest bag of horse manure ever. The balls behaved exactly as physics said they should behave being wet and cold. Unfortunately the commissioner has the final say. But you know all that.

Reaction Score
The only good thing for me about Boston pro sports teams winning is it keeps BCU in the coupon section of the Globe & Herald.

Reaction Score
6 actually. chi/gb/nyg/nyg/phi/lar

took bad atlanta and seattle went full stupid
Whats actually cool about the Super Bowl losses is that they were all to teams who existed before the last AFL in the 1960s.

Overall, the Patriots are the #2 franchise in the AFC overall now, at worst. Can be argued they are #1 with more Super Bowl appearances.

Possible that Patriots being in New England will help college football around here?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Sigh you know that is complete horsesheet right? Everyone videotapes opponents, you just can't do it form certain locations. Pats interpretation followed the literal language of a new rule. League basically said "Well what we meant to say..."
Deflategate was the biggest bag of horse manure ever. The balls behaved exactly as physics said they should behave being wet and cold. Unfortunately the commissioner has the final say. But you know all that.
Comforting to see that while Pal no longer roams the Cesspool, he still Palatines. Bold print and headlines only.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Whats actually cool about the Super Bowl losses is that they were all to teams who existed before the last AFL in the 1960s.

Overall, the Patriots are the #2 franchise in the AFC overall now, at worst. Can be argued they are #1 with more Super Bowl appearances.

Possible that Patriots being in New England will help college football around here?
The Pats were the first of the AFL teams to reach 500 regular season wins. They did it during the 2018 season.

All-time wins of AFL teams (includes playoffs):

1) Patriots - 537 (founded 1960)
2) Broncos - 499 (1960)
3) Raiders - 491 (1960)
4) Chiefs - 479 (1960)
5) Dolphins - 472 (1966)

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics