2024 Recruiting: - Patrick Ngongba | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Patrick Ngongba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Good news: We made the top 8

Bad news: No visit scheduled (yet)

He already announced his Top 8 in July so nothing new on that.

Didn't he already take an official visit to UConn this summer? What's the rule on official visits? I know recruits can take as many visits as they want now, but can they officially visit a school more than once? Is it once per year? I forget all these rules and I know this was recently changed.

Reaction Score

Didn't he already take an official visit to UConn this summer? What's the rule on official visits? I know recruits can take as many visits as they want now, but can they officially visit a school more than once? Is it once per year? I forget all these rules and I know this was recently changed.
Unlimited visits now. No limitations.

Reaction Score

Yes... he visited in June along with I. Abraham, his cousin.

Reaction Score
Unlimited visits now. No limitations.
I didn't have time to look it up before but I just did because I wanted to see if there are any restrictions. Just can't be more than 1 official visit to each school in any academic year.

Beginning July 1, 2023, recruits will no longer have a limit on the number of official visits they can make to NCAA D1 schools. Previously, recruits were only allowed to visit five D1 schools. This means D1 recruits will now have the opportunity to explore more schools before making their commitment decision.

Recruits are, however, still limited to only one official visit per school. The only exception is if there’s a head coaching staff change; only then could an athlete revisit the same D1 school.

In men’s basketball, recruits are still allowed a second official visit to the same school, as long as the second visit isn’t during the same academic year.

Reaction Score

While there is a mention of UConn in the piece, I feel the longer his recruitment goes on, the more we are apt to lose our edge?

Has he slipped out of our grasp?

Reaction Score
It
While there is a mention of UConn in the piece, I feel the longer his recruitment goes on, the more we are apt to lose our edge?

Has he slipped out of our grasp?
It is puzzling how the momentum we had after Nowell committed has ground to a halt.

Reaction Score
This isn't how recruiting works.
idk if it's called momentum but i was definitely hoping that landing a top PG to pass him the ball and his cousin would help with ngongba's recruitment

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I’m not sure centers are really one and done anymore, so Bidunga to KU May knock them out. My money is on Duke here. They have nothing in his way. The job is his. We have Johnson and Singare and I’d be surprised if he really wants to fight for the starting center spot with a coach that is known to play the best guy.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure centers are really one and done anymore, so Bidunga to KU May knock them out. My money is on Duke here. They have nothing in his way. The job is his. We have Johnson and Singare and I’d be surprised if he really wants to fight for the starting center spot with a coach that is known to play the best guy.
What? You don't think Ngongba is worried about 4 year player at that time who is not really a center and has barely showed anything or a project Center. I'm sure Hurley would start him over both of them day 1 if we landed him.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What? You don't think Ngongba is worried about 4 year player at that time who is not really a center and has barely showed anything or a project Center. I'm sure Hurley would start him over both of them day 1 if we landed him.
He’s a 4*. His ranking isn’t much different from Johnson’s and Singare was a lower 4*. So no, I don’t think he can be assured he immediately starts over a senior and sophomore. Our best recruiting pitch is Sanogo’s development. Ngongba isn’t a one and done and may not be NBA material at all.

Reaction Score
He’s a 4*. His ranking isn’t much different from Johnson’s and Singare was a lower 4*. So no, I don’t think he can be assured he immediately starts over a senior and sophomore. Our best recruiting pitch is Sanogo’s development. Ngongba isn’t a one and done and may not be NBA material at all.

He's way better than Singare and Johnson. It's not close. If he chooses elsewhere it isn't because he's scared of PT.

Reaction Score

Now officially a 5* on the composite.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Seems like it’s time to start watching YouTube videos and send scholarship offers to the best dunkers. Not sure why it’s come to this, again. I’m not amused.

Reaction Score
Seems like it’s time to start watching YouTube videos and send scholarship offers to the best dunkers. Not sure why it’s come to this, again. I’m not amused.
Mr Rogers Clown GIF

Reaction Score
Ngongba official visit to Duke October 20-22 confirmed. He'll be there with Cooper Flagg and VJ Edgecombe on their "Crazy" night.
Don't know if it means anything, but they don't have a center to compete with him at this point and he may believe we do with SJ and YS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom