PATRICK BEILEIN NEEDS TO BE A TARGET - Benedict you need to consider this kid | The Boneyard

PATRICK BEILEIN NEEDS TO BE A TARGET - Benedict you need to consider this kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am not looking forward to reading responses from this post but I will tell you that this kid from Lemoyne in upstate ny is a Stud of a coach. I know that many will ignorantly dismiss this option and think... “ UConn is a elite program we don’t need D2 hires w no big time college coaching expierence!”

I know UConn and I know baskettball and I’m not a “fair whether” fan.

Pat has the expierence both on and off the court, he has a family pedigree w his pop at Michigan. The entire family knows the game and lives for it. I know him personally and he is of the highest Character and his love of baskettball and coaching is unreal. He and his dad are close so he will benefit from that tremendously.

I have watched him coach live a lot and what he has done ( like his dad did) at Lemoyne has been remarkable. His defensive system and in game adjustments on that end of the court are incredible. His half court sets and out of TO runs show his ability to execute. I see more off ball screens, off ball movement and misdirection sets in a god damn game then I have watched in a year under Ollie.

His team’s defense is so well coached. They communicate - fight not to switch on screens, and don’t force bigs to cover 29 feet from the basket ( leaving our team with consistent stupid mismatches on the def end). Most importantly, in years of watching him coach I have never seen any player show attitude towards one another and it is clear that dispite his young age his entire team respects and loves playing for him.

He has several D1 transfers so I know that he along with RC (who has ties to pat) would be a super star duo. Plus given our possible fiscal situation I think Pat is an incredible value.

MARK MY WORDS IN 4-5 years Pat will be taking a team to sweet 16 for sure and he will be the Brad Stevens of the league. He is that good- I want it to be with UCONN!

I can’t tell husky nation how much I want this guy.. with equal talent his teams beat John Thompson and Ollie by 20 .. no joke. Frankly, Lemoyne this year would have given us a run for sure bc Ollie is so out coached it’s a joke.

PAT GETS US BACK TO WHERE WE BELONG!!!! Get it done Benedict.

Reaction Score
There are a lot of good coaches out there. If Hurley passes its not the end of the world.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Pat Beilein and his dad are both really good coaches but obviously this is one of the more out there suggestions, certainly for right now.

Maybe he’s the next guy at Cuse in a few years if he shows his chops a bit more down the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom