Path to the Draft: UCONN #3 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Path to the Draft: UCONN #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Yet again, we're talking about ESPN. No surprise.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I've got no complaints about this article. Yeah we could have kicked up a notch, but #3 is a pretty nice compliment. Overall a very favorable article. The closing was my favorite part:
Final thoughts: Calhoun did plenty of things in his nearly three decades at UConn. He brought an old Yankee Conference power into the Big East. He made that old Yankee Conference power into a competitive Division I program. Then he turned it into a Big East power. Then he started winning national titles. His legacy of success doesn't stop in Storrs, though; Calhoun also created one of the most consistent NBA talent factories in the modern college game. The results are plain to see

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Surprising amount of love for UConn in the comments. Props to Upstater for his comments.

Reaction Score
why in the world would Brennan use El-Amin and Dyson as examples of our overrated pros?
I'm not one of those people who likes to get on sports writers (Wetzel notwithstanding), but that right there is the epitome of laziness.

I mean, Dyson went undrafted, and he still managed to collect an NBA paycheck for a couple of weeks. Under no circumstances should he be considered a bust.

I get that these national guys aren't UConn experts (and it's not reasonable to expect 'em to be), but they're still getting paid to write about sports for a living. Do a little duck*ing homework.

Reaction Score
Number 3? That sucks- oh -sorry no it doesn't.

WE ARE DOOMED!!!!!!!!!

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
okafor averaging basically a double double his whole career isn't on list?

It is on the list, you just have to read further in the article.

I'm not saying that you can't make an arguement that UConn shouldn't be #1 or #2, because you can. But, we're being called the third best program for turning college players into pros. That's pretty solid I'd say. I don't know, maybe I'm not critical enough, but I think giving RA the praise he deserves, admitting that EO has been an amazing pro despite being on bad teams, admitting that there's both quantity and quality, and calling AD the best looking young pro out of UConn is pretty fair. This article isn't a snub.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Anyone finding fault with this article needs to find a new hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom