pasualoni is a terrible coach | The Boneyard

pasualoni is a terrible coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
His first game was a pass; second the most poorly called game in 11 years at uconn; third game a challenge to the the first - pathetic.

Good grief - everything that hes touched so far is a wreck or headed that way.

hes done. How on earth did he get this job?

Reaction Score
His first game was a pass; second the most poorly called game in 11 years at uconn; third game a challenge to the the first - pathetic.

Good grief - everything that hes touched so far is a wreck or headed that way.

hes done. How on earth did he get this job?
Well, I think 2 "real" games in to his coaching tenure is too soon to make definitive statements (whether we played great in these 2 games, or, you know, how these 2 games ACTUALLY went-horribly...). BUT, can't argue with the fact that:

1) Our Special Teams have gotten worse in every single facet of the game;
2) Poor playcalling at the end of both games absolutely, definitively COST us one game at least (Vandy), and sure was EXTREMELY questionable tonight when we were driving, had 2nd and short with a full compliment of Timeouts and we decide to make 3 throws in a row, including 2 tough throws out to the flat.
3) The worst offense in a BCS conference that ultimately leads to the D getting worn down.

I hope P decides to put some emphasis on Specials, because to my eyes, the first 3 games suggest the biggest area we can potentially make gains this season are here. McEntee can throw if given time, he just needs to improve decision making (which I assume he will). No team we play moving forward will allow our QB to sit back in the pocket.

Reaction Score
Personally, watching the product he puts on the field, I feel like the program has been set back 5-8 years. This looks and feels like Uconn when Edsall took over. Feels like a wasted effort of building up this program - not sure I put as much on him as those who hired him. He just resonates stale and game has moved past him. Edsall had some life on the sidelines - Pasqualoni has a stoic boredom about him sitting there with his clipboard. Kind of like a professor that just doesn't know when to retire.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Well, I think 2 "real" games in to his coaching tenure is too soon to make definitive statements (whether we played great in these 2 games, or, you know, how these 2 games ACTUALLY went-horribly...). BUT, can't argue with the fact that:

2) Poor playcalling at the end of both games absolutely, definitively COST us one game at least (Vandy), and sure was EXTREMELY questionable tonight when we were driving, had 2nd and short with a full compliment of Timeouts and we decide to make 3 throws in a row, including 2 tough throws out to the flat.
3) The worst offense in a BCS conference that ultimately leads to the D getting worn down.

I hope P decides to put some emphasis on Specials, because to my eyes, the first 3 games suggest the biggest area we can potentially make gains this season are here. McEntee can throw if given time, he just needs to improve decision making (which I assume he will). No team we play moving forward will allow our QB to sit back in the pocket.
I would add to this - the running game has taken a big step back, obviously from the loss of Todman but also possibly Hurd and maybe there are other issues on the O-line that others can comment on. But clearly, McCombs currently hasn't shown the ability to bounce off tackles to break off big yards after contact, and Shoemate in this game hasn't shown much to live up to the hopes (similar to last year).

F

fortebleedsblue

coach you can call it 2 games in ... Coach P had spring and Summer to prepare this team and I've seen them regress ... What do you see in this team that makes you optimistic? yea the defense is good... guess what? Under Edsall they were good in the 'bend but don't break' ... AND WE WON!!!! WE WONNNNN!!!

Reaction Score
I would add to this - the running game has taken a big step back, obviously from the loss of Todman but also possibly Hurd and maybe there are other issues on the O-line that others can comment on. But clearly, McCombs currently hasn't shown the ability to bounce off tackles to break off big yards after contact, and Shoemate in this game hasn't shown much to live up to the hopes (similar to last year).
Good point about the running game-my gut tells me it's not the OLine, but rather the fact that we are slightly less of a threat to throw this year than last year (crazy, but true...), and we seem to have a quality back in McCombs, but not a stud. Put those 2 things together, and teams can completely sell out to stop the run, even a bit more than last year, and we have a less talented RB.

Reaction Score
remember P had the support of CT HS coaches. Oh yeah, that's right who cares, this is supposed to be major college football, no matter now much the HS coaches like him if the program regresses just in perception alone it's not going to matter who likes and supports who.

I wasn't a P supporter, not even remotely, but he's what we've got now and I'm behind him, but god please show some improvement the lack of adjustments, lack of continuity and game planning is just brutal.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
coach you can call it 2 games in ... Coach P had spring and Summer to prepare this team and I've seen them regress ... What do you see in this team that makes you optimistic? yea the defense is good... guess what? Under Edsall they were good in the 'bend but don't break' ... AND WE WON!!!! WE WONNNNN!!!

We won barely, and there were always (and always going to be) down seasons. Edsall is the one to blame for not having recruited effectively on offense. I am for sure not going to blame PP for the QB situation, or the fact that there is no great RB. What is Edsall with this team? 2-1? Probably, MAYBE 3-0. This team, and PPs value cannot yet be evaluated. This season isn't going to be great from the looks of things, but they can still go to a Bowl, and move things forward.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Let's hope his stay in Storrs is a short one.

Yeah, that's the ticket. Let's hope he fails. If his stay isn't short, it means he is winning, but we would never want that huh? Yeah, let's hope he (and UConn) loses so I can rejoice in the misery. That is sarcasm.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Blame edsall lol. You are insane.

Plenty of blame to go around for the current regime, but these are Edsall's players. TO his credit, the defense is nasty. Yet again, UConn has some studs (Reyes, Trevardo, SIO, Junior, Gratz, and Blidi) on D, but offensively the talent is woeful. Woeful talent. I knew this years offense would suck balls long before Pasqualoni came aboard. PP has done nothing to mitigate their shortcomings, but I don't blame him completely, yet.

Reaction Score
PP is going to be a nightmare coach for us. Can anyone tell me if there has ever been a BCS team that played 3 QB's like this? I talked to some Iowa St fans and they just scratched their heads.

I really think the game has passed him by. I still saw confusion on the field on defense. Why isn't Brown blitzing on 3rd and medium when the Iowa St QB had all day to find number 7 for the final TD for Iowa St?

On the ride home tonight the announcer said to PP "Isiah Moore had a great game heh?" PP Says..."yes he did..I really liked that great catch that Scott threw to him and then he scored the TD"....say what?

Did I miss something? Scott ran one in...2 FG's by Teggart and a great TD catch by Kash...unreal...he just sounded so dumb on the interview.

I agree the ST have taken a step way back. Nick has no time to get going and kick off coverage is lacking.

For all those who wanted Randy gone...be careful what you ask for. PP shows me zip, nada, nothing.

It's embarrassing with the 3 QB's.

It's going to be a long year folks. This coming from Mr Rose colored glasses himself.

Reaction Score
Here's my issue with placing the blame on Edsall about the talent, and I'm not a Edsall lover, but full well respect what he accomplished here.

There's no way he'd have known that there would be "better" jobs open or that he'd get one so he would have had to have thought that he'd have some decent talent (maybe a bit of an ebb from the past) coming back because he may have had to coach it. Could he have brought in some impact freshman, but it's not usual to recruit incoming freshman that have a huge impact on a program. Yes of course it happens, but if you think the program is going to progress because of impacted freshman that's a recipe for disaster. So he must have thought the talent was somewhat decent, maybe he was wrong, possible, but Edsall was pretty good about shaping talent that was under publicized.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Here's my issue with placing the blame on Edsall about the talent, and I'm not a Edsall lover, but full well respect what he accomplished here.

There's no way he'd have known that there would be "better" jobs open or that he'd get one so he would have had to have thought that he'd have some decent talent (maybe a bit of an ebb from the past) coming back because he may have had to coach it. Could he have brought in some impact freshman, but it's not usual to recruit incoming freshman that have a huge impact on a program. Yes of course it happens, but if you think the program is going to progress because of impacted freshman that's a recipe for disaster. So he must have thought the talent was somewhat decent, maybe he was wrong, possible, but Edsall was pretty good about shaping talent that was under publicized.

If it helps your argument, I really like the Defensive talent he has in the cupboard. I just am amazed that a former QB could so blatantly not care about offense. The OL is good, not great and the QB, WR, and RB positions are under staffed, frankly. To have McCombs as your only RB is woeful.

Reaction Score
We won barely, and there were always (and always going to be) down seasons. Edsall is the one to blame for not having recruited effectively on offense. I am for sure not going to blame PP for the QB situation, or the fact that there is no great RB. What is Edsall with this team? 2-1? Probably, MAYBE 3-0. This team, and PPs value cannot yet be evaluated. This season isn't going to be great from the looks of things, but they can still go to a Bowl, and move things forward.

You're kidding right? Edsall is at fault? The QB's are no good? You've already determined that? Mcombs a freshman is no good...you've already determined that? Our OL is not good? Pretty solid if you ask me. The WR's...I agree with you there.

So Edsall left the offensive cupboard bare? Silly...

Not going to blame PP for his horrible play calling and 3 headed QB? Wow....

Reaction Score
With edsall we are 3 - 0 right now. Now before everyone jumps me about this I will give you one big reason why. Moorehead would still be o coordinator running no huddle up tempo. Nebrich or mccummings would be the qb in the spread. And johnny mac would be doing what he should be doing, holding a clipboard on the sidelines.

Reaction Score
With edsall we are 3 - 0 right now. Now before everyone jumps me about this I will give you one big reason why. Moorehead would still be o coordinator running no huddle up tempo. Nebrich or mccummings would be the qb in the spread. And johnny mac would be doing what he should be doing, holding a clipboard on the sidelines.

Wow, you can definitively make that statement? I guess the early season success last year is just PROOF POSITIVE your post is correct. :rolleyes:

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
You're kidding right? Edsall is at fault? The QB's are no good? You've already determined that? Mcombs a freshman is no good...you've already determined that? Our OL is not good? Pretty solid if you ask me. The WR's...I agree with you there.

So Edsall left the offensive cupboard bare? Silly...

Not going to blame PP for his horrible play calling and 3 headed QB? Wow....

No, I determine that he didn't recruit effectively because McCombs is THE ONLY DECENT option UConn has at RB. A 180 lb freshman is, not only the best, but really the only option for the Huskies at RB. Shoemate is a joke, as is JJL.

I've stated my blame for the current coaches plenty in this, and other threads. My honest opinion is that this offense is not at all better than if RE were the coach of this team. We'd maybe be winning games, but still barely. And not progressing to the next echelon. That said, I am not sure if PP is going to do that either. I don't think he'll be terrible though.

Reaction Score
If Nebrich had started we would have won this game. What is CoachP's problem, Nebrich is by far the most poised and talented of the three.

Reaction Score
No, I determine that he didn't recruit effectively because McCombs is THE ONLY DECENT option UConn has at RB. A 180 lb freshman is, not only the best, but really the only option for the Huskies at RB. Shoemate is a joke, as is JJL.

My brain is a bit dead and this is a serious question...did Todman leave early? If so Randy should be shot for helping develop him, along with several other very good and great running backs. Who new DJ would be such a bust as well.

To blame Edsall on the RB situation is reaching....

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
My brain is a bit dead and this is a serious question...did Todman leave early? If so Randy should be shot for helping develop him, along with several other very good and great running backs. Who new DJ would be such a bust as well.

To blame Edsall on the RB situation is reaching....

So a quality program should only have 1 competent RB per year?

Who knew DJ would be a bust?

Should have been the guy who was making millions of dollars to evaluate that sort of thing. I'll give you a hint. It isn't PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom