pasualoni is a terrible coach | Page 2 | The Boneyard

pasualoni is a terrible coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Never witnessed anything like the forced Macntee down your throat approach regardless of "production" strategey. its weird, its bizarre, its experimental!! its also punishing to watch, crushing to anticipate the worst when theres no other hope because the coach is outta v it. maddening to see the worst repeat again and again WTF?

again, how/ who played a part in this hire? all indications point to a coach in golden year stuper. Uconn deserves better.

Reaction Score
Never witnessed anything like the forced Macntee down your throat approach regardless of "production" strategey. its weird, its bizarre, its experimental!! its also punishing to watch, crushing to anticipate the worst when theres no other hope because the coach is outta v it. maddening to see the worst repeat again and again WTF?

again, how/ who played a part in this hire? all indications point to a coach in golden year stuper. Uconn deserves better.

There isn't a QB on the roster who is better right now. How is that hard to see? Did P leave the roster in this shape?

Reaction Score
So a quality program should only have 1 competent RB per year?

Who knew DJ would be a bust?

Should have been the guy who was making millions of dollars to evaluate that sort of thing. I'll give you a hint. It isn't PP.

Every head coach should evaluate talent like Edsall did...that was is best coaching quality...to argue this point is rediculous.

By the way if Todman did leave early that's 2 quality RB's that should have been left plus a highly recruited flop. Seriously...stop
If Edsall did this embarrassing 3 headed QB for this long (3 games too many) he would have been crucified...the defense of PP or lack of calling him out is pretty funny, in a sad way.

Reaction Score
There isn't a QB on the roster who is better right now. How is that hard to see? Did P leave the roster in this shape?

Roster in what shape? How do you know McCummings and Nebrich are not good QB's? They will never become good QB's unless one gets to play more than a few plays here and there.

Edsall sure left our defensive cupboard bare didn't he...the silence is deafening.

Reaction Score
Roster in what shape? How do you know McCummings and Nebrich are not good QB's? They will never become good QB's unless one gets to play more than a few plays here and there.

Edsall sure left our defensive cupboard bare didn't he...the silence is deafening.

Everyone knew the defense would be good.

Apparently 9 months of having no idea who the QB would be wasn't enough for people to think we might be in trouble at that position.

Reaction Score
HCPP is a walking disaster.
1. Poor execution - routes not run to the sticks
2. Disorgainized and cost us a critical time out
3. Did not adjust to Iowa State's adjustments on O
4. Poor play calling - running McCoombs to the outside when he repeatedly was chased down, bungled 2nd and 2 at the 38 and stall a drive with crappy pass plays
5. Special teams play is regressing - resulting in poor field position

PP is going to drive this program backwards. Again, another winnable game lost. The team is better than coach. It is carry over intensity, champion hearts created by prior success and a strong legacy toughness in the payers that is carrying this team. Totally disgusted. Edsall may not have been able to move the program forward much further and he had his issues, but at least he built a credble program. Im afraid we are about watch how a program gets destroyed.

I hope I am completely wrong. I really do, but I see some very disturbing things.

Reaction Score
yes, its hard to see. Not sure how you're convinced nebrich or mccummungs are not better options than macentee - enlighten me. Still, its not only the qb skill problem ( or lack of) its the baffling play calling to highlight the skill problem at qb.

One who is in charge, the leader of team, ought to grasp the stregnths and weaknesses of his lot and find in his playbook a game day recipe to challenge for a W. it all seems half baked right now and a pie in the face.

Reaction Score
Everyone knew the defense would be good.

Apparently 9 months of having no idea who the QB would be wasn't enough for people to think we might be in trouble at that position.

Talk about missing the point. If you are going to bash sombody for a bad offense you need to give credit where credit is due for a good defense.

I think the offense has enough talent to be decent by the end of the year. Just remember if they end up decent PP does not get credit. The only way he gets credit would be if he stops the dumb QB shuffle.

In the end I think McCummings or Nebrich is going to be fine. As long as they don't get ruined beforehand.

I think PP tried to hard to make it work this year instead of going with the young guns early and let them grow. I rather take the lumps and see growth.

They will not grow in this QB shuffle. Otherwise you'd see more of it in college. I'm still waiting for someone to give me an example of it being done.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hey art, are you a UConn fan or just an Edsall fan? Cause he left UConn like a thief in the night. After mailing it in a BCS bowl game because his thoughts were on his dream job. Can't see a real UConn fan carrying the guy's water.

Reaction Score
Hey art, are you a UConn fan or just an Edsall fan? Cause he left UConn like a thief in the night. After mailing it in a BCS bowl game because his thoughts were on his dream job. Can't see a real UConn fan carring the guy's water.

Sorry, bro, but when the beginning of every season WENT PERFECTLY EVERY SINGLE TIME, how could you not just be a fan of Edsall???

Reaction Score
waaaa, the sky is falling, waaaaa, we lost two games by a total of 7 points and now we're Duke, waaaa
Bro, I understand your comment, but there are only 12 games in a season... each game your goal is to win not tinker and figure things out during the season.. This is UCONN and we like to win... Losing is unacceptable... When you see we could've ( probably should've ) won these two games you can't help but let out your frustrations... Gotta direct them to somebody... Who better than Coach P?

Reaction Score
Hey art, are you a UConn fan or just an Edsall fan? Cause he left UConn like a thief in the night. After mailing it in a BCS bowl game because his thoughts were on his dream job. Can't see a real UConn fan carrying the guy's water.

You're not even worth the time to respond to and the 15 seconds I took to respond is a waste.

Reaction Score
I point out, as did many others, multiple mistakes PP has made, with the most glaring a 3 headed QB joke and I'm a big Edsall lover.

The way he left sucked and he was an for doing it. It has nothing to do with how bad PP has been coaching.

I want PP and UConn to succeed as much as anyone on this board. But I have a right to be pissed and to be blind to the obvious tells me a lot about some posters.

PP is not a new coach in college FB but he sure has acted like one. Keep defending him.

When he shows me he knows what he's doing I'll be the first to give him credit.

As for those who say Edsall left the cupboard bare...seriously.

Reaction Score
2 missed makeable field goals and a poor throw on the option fake pass deep by McCummings doesn't fall on the coaches. The specials have taken a step back, that is on them. Brown needs to tone it down a bit so that the players aren't in a mob as the play is called and they get burned by being bunched up and standing up therefore losing leverage. The DB's missed some plays tonight despite having leverage and being in position. They got turned around and lost track of the ball. Safety play is a big part in the loss tonight re Agbor getting burned on 3rd and long after we took the lead. McCombs is very young to be the guy and that is not on this coaching staff. Not running on 3rd and two on the second to last drive is on them. We aren't getting anywhere running wide and the coaches have to wake up to that fact. Th O-line is struggling and not as good as last year but it's early. We need to get better in all phases and I can see playing different QB's but not in the same series. Bringing J-Mac in on 3rd and long after two McCummings plays is not fair to Johnny. Lost two close games, let's wait till the next two are in before we jump off the ledge.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
You guys are freaking' whacked. UConn didn't lose two games they should have won. They lost two games they could have won.

They were in it 'til the end. Had they scored on the last possession, the complaints here would have been minimal.

Reaction Score
Coach PP is not that bad. Let's see what he can do. We don't have an accurate passing game developed.

Reaction Score
Coach PP is a great talker not so great a game coach !!!! The product on the field was terrible !!!

Reaction Score
Before we can kill Pasqualoni we need to see if he can get some players. The talent on this team is simply not good enough to "expect" to win games. Now I'll be the first to say that i don't think he's all that great as a coach, but if he can bring some talent in, especially at quarterback where we seem to be the worst team in FBS at that position, things would change dramatically in my opinion.

I guess what I am saying is that I am skeptical that any coach could win with this ridiculous quarterback situation.

C

Chief00

Got to give McCummings at least a half of uninterrupted play. Too early to say Coach P is a failure, but he is off to a very poor start. He needs to turn it around quickly.

Reaction Score
You guys are freaking' whacked. UConn didn't lose two games they should have won. They lost two games they could have won.

They were in it 'til the end. Had they scored on the last possession, the complaints here would have been minimal.

I know. What a bunch of craziness in a bottle. People love to gripe.

Reaction Score
So a quality program should only have 1 competent RB per year?

Who knew DJ would be a bust?

Should have been the guy who was making millions of dollars to evaluate that sort of thing. I'll give you a hint. It isn't PP.

Look, it's a transition year. We are doing fine on the field, or should I say, as well as to be expected. Connecticut, like BC, like Syracuse, is a tough place to sell these days. Connecticut is the toughest of the three. Don't blame RE for that. And certainly, please don't blame PP for what he has to work with. Not this year, not next year. I think the offense looks all right, under the circumstances. Not good. But under the circumstances, as they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom