Pasqualoni to Texans as DL Coach | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Pasqualoni to Texans as DL Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think the shoveling and cold has you depressed. We have a guy in the office who is turning it around. It's not going to happen overnight. Go make a snow angel.

Based on your support of Paul Pasqualoni until the bitter end, I'm probably not going off your word. Thx tho.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Based on your support of Paul Pasqualoni until the bitter end, I'm probably not going off your word. Thx tho.

Wow, a PP defender said something, so it must be absolutely false no matter what. I'm just going to shoot the messenger instead of actually considering what was said (cause that would be a total waste of time, am I right?).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wow, a PP defender said something, so it must be absolutely false no matter what. I'm just going to shoot the messenger instead of actually considering what was said (cause that would be a total waste of time, am I right?).

Wow someone said something that isn't blind faith in people who haven't earned it.

You've got your one note down - condesending lectures and criticism of posters - so your post is a bit ironic.

BTW he didn't say anything worth considering.

Reaction Score
Yeah tough life growing up experiencing different places like Miami, Dallas, CT, Chicago, and Houston. The downside is daddy pulling in 7 figure paychecks. We should all be so unfortunate.
And doing so without producing. Just fail and move on to the next dumpster to torch.

Reaction Score
And in between coached the second worst defense in the league, leaving before eventually getting fired. That's a super impressive job he's been doing.

Oh yeah UConn went 2-10 and didn't put a player on an all conference team with a roster he put together.

So it's tough to defend Diaco and P at the same time... because if P recruited talent than Diaco did nothing with it. So I guess I'd prefer it be that P left nothing and give Diaco the benefit of the doubt.

Focus on the bad and choose to ignore the good the guy did in the NFL. LOL. Never mind the Miami defense in 2008, or the Dallas defense with Pasqualoni coaching, or the Dallas TE's when Pasqualoni was coaching them.

It's not worth discussing here, especially with you - but I just had to get that in there. Any valueable analysis and critique looks at everything. Pasqualoni's defense was bad in Miami in 2009, and it cost him his job.

He produced two consecutive 5-7 seasons at UCONN in 2011, and 2012, and those teams were under-achieving. He then completely lost his team in the third season getting fired after an 0-4 start. The ability the guy has as a coach, is not the reason that happened. His loyalty to George Deleone, and putting control of so much of the team's performance in Deleone's workload, is what caused him to fail at UCONN.

Reaction Score
His loyalty to George Deleone, and putting control of so much of the team's performance in Deleone's workload, is what caused him to fail at UCONN.

I can't believe that normal and sane people believe this. GDL was only a part of the problem.

What caused P to fail here are a litany of things that he did poorly.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
His loyalty to George Deleone, and putting control of so much of the team's performance in Deleone's workload, is what caused him to fail at UCONN.

This is total and utter horsecrap.
He and his staff recruited poorly,
coached almost no one up and were laughable on Saturdays.

Remember when they brought in TJ as OC and the team quit 4 games into the season?

How about when he sent a concussed QB out to play WR.

I don't care that Jason Witten is good. I don't care about the 80's at Syracuse.

He was abysmal at UConn and his recent NFL stints don't exactly scream competence.

He failed at UConn because he wasn't even close to being up to the job.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I can't believe that normal and sane people believe this. GDL was only a part of the problem.

I smell Spackler bait. Not biting. Without a doubt, the most glaring and important contributing factor to the failure of UCONN football b/w 2011 and mid 2013, was the presence of George Deleone on staff.

Reaction Score
This is total and utter horsecrap.
He and his staff recruited poorly,
coached almost no one up and were laughable on Saturdays.

Remember when they brought in TJ as OC and the team quit 4 games into the season?

How about when he sent a concussed QB out to play WR.

I don't care that Jason Witten is good. I don't care about the 80's at Syracuse.

He was abysmal at UConn and his recent NFL stints don't exactly scream competence.

He failes at UConn because he wasn't even close to being up to the job.

More Spackler bait.

I think Pasqualoni is an awful head coach in the current century, and I no longer have any respect for the guy as a head coach.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I smell Spackler bait. Not biting. Without a doubt, the most glaring and important contributing factor to the failure of UCONN football b/w 2011 and mid 2013, was the presence of George Deleone on staff.

It was the presence of Jeff Hathaway as AD and his hiring of Paul Pasqualoni.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
WesConn was a decent d3 squad under him in the early '80s.
He ruined Cuse, and the Bears flatlined and jettisoned him.
In between he drove us off a cliff.

Reaction Score

So what you can say is P failed to execute?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom