Pasqualoni to Texans as DL Coach | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Pasqualoni to Texans as DL Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Considering this board loves to rave about the D-line...that success can directly be attributed to PP. Facts are facts. After speaking with many of the players of the D-line mentioned on this board they explicitly mentioned PP spending time with them during practice helping them with hand techniques and foot work.

Too bad he couldn't do head coach type stuff, and you know, leave that to the D-Line coach.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Too bad he couldn't do head coach type stuff, and you know, leave that to the D-Line coach.

I think there is some sort of miscommunication going on here. Let me try to fix it.

UNLESS I'M MISTAKEN, NOBODY IS ASKING TO HAVE PP BACK. Literally, nobody. NOBODY is happy with his performance as the head coach. Literally, nobody. If anybody thinks that I've misrepresented them with that statement, feel free to correct me. I'm pretty sure that there will be no correction necessary.

The issue is whether or not sucking hard as a head coach precludes you from knowing anything about a certain aspect of the game or being a competent positions coach. That's all. If people are having a hard time prying their feelings away from that specific discussion, then this discussion is not for them. And the reality is that there have been 4 NFL franchises over the last 10 years who have felt that he knew his stuff on the defensive side of the ball. Now, unless they are non-profit charity organizations, I'll weigh their opinions slightly higher than some of those that I see on this board.

But PP sucked as a head coach. Yes. We get it. Nobody is arguing. Nobody...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think there is some sort of miscommunication going on here. Let me try to fix it.

UNLESS I'M MISTAKEN, NOBODY IS ASKING TO HAVE PP BACK. Literally, nobody. NOBODY is happy with his performance as the head coach. Literally, nobody. If anybody thinks that I've misrepresented them with that statement, feel free to correct me. I'm pretty sure that there will be no correction necessary.

The issue is whether or not sucking hard as a head coach precludes you from knowing anything about a certain aspect of the game or being a competent positions coach. That's all. If people are having a hard time prying their feelings away from that specific discussion, then this discussion is not for them. And the reality is that there have been 4 NFL franchises over the last 10 years who have felt that he knew his stuff on the defensive side of the ball. Now, unless they are non-profit charity organizations, I'll weigh their opinions slightly higher than some of those that I see on this board.

All of those organizations also managed to get rid of him pretty quickly too....

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
All of those organizations also managed to get rid of him pretty quickly too....

If it was as simple as an organization trying to quickly get rid of him, it would be difficult to get the next job. He seems to get the next job with relative ease. I know that you know better than that, so I'm not sure why you are continuing to fight this fight. But I'm sure as heck bored with it.

God didn't put me on this earth to defend Paul Pasqualoni. He put me on this earth to tell the world that UConn will be 15-0 in our next season. And now I'm here to tell ya...

Reaction Score
Dan I expect this nonsense from guys like SRQ and weyuo. Let me simplify this for you.

NOTHING P DID HERE WAS GOOD. YES, IT'S THAT BLACK AND WHITE, CUT AND DRY.

Yes, That's where I saw it, even Bart could see the handwriting on the Wall. He was punished by writing this in an episode from October 2014.

Reaction Score
I can't be polite and wish the guy well. He was a disastrous cancer that caused incalculable damage to UConn football. His loyalty to GDL was greater than his loyalty to UConn, and that makes him one bad dude in my book.

while he was bad, hathaway hiring him was worse

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Any facts to back that up?

It's an odd thing that someone would want go be the guy who defends Paul Pasqualoni.

2009 fired by Miami as DC.
2010 leaves Dallas as DC to go
to UConn - defense was ranked 31st in points allowed
2011-2013 LOL
2014 1 year with Bears and on to Texans

Did you really need it shown that he hasn't exactly had stable employment in his post Syracuse days?

He does keep getting jobs which I guess says something like Dan points out... but damned if I can't figure out why anyone would attempt to say anything positive about Pasqualoni. A couple of players who were already on the roster when he got here played in the NFL. As DC would say: Whooptie Damn Doo

Reaction Score

Srq and others were defending P almost literally until he was fired. Nothing has changed.

Reaction Score
I am utterly amazed that there are members of this board...people who call themselves UCONN football fans...that actually have the nerve to defend Paul Pasqualoni!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

So you are saying that PP is a better coach that HCBD?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
So you are saying that PP is a better coach that HCBD?

Unfortunately, based on 2014, I would say they had equal performances (God, that hurts me to even say!).

Both won a WTF game.
Both lost multiple WTF games.
Both struggled with the use of timeouts.
Both made mysterious choices of when to go for a field goal.
Both were forced to use the "Wild Husky" because their conventional offenses sucked.
Both were so bad at second half adjustments (or lack thereof) that our teams typically fell apart in the 3rd quarter of every game.

The good news is that it was Diaco's first ever year as the head coach, whereas it was Pasqualoni's 100th (or that's what it felt like). There is a lot of upside to Diaco, so long as he continues to learn and grow. I think the move of changing OC's is certainly a positive step; it shows that he is not attached at the hip to a friend if he recognizes that the friend is not doing the job. That fact alone has already elevated him past PP. His recruiting seems to be at least as good as PP at this point, based on some of the kids who are receiving poaching offers. I look forward to seeing Diaco in Year 2...

Reaction Score
It's an odd thing that someone would want go be the guy who defends Paul Pasqualoni.

2009 fired by Miami as DC.
2010 leaves Dallas as DC to go
to UConn - defense was ranked 31st in points allowed
2011-2013 LOL
2014 1 year with Bears and on to Texans

Did you really need it shown that he hasn't exactly had stable employment in his post Syracuse days?

He does keep getting jobs which I guess says something like Dan points out... but damned if I can't figure out why anyone would attempt to say anything positive about Pasqualoni. A couple of players who were already on the roster when he got here played in the NFL. As DC would say: Whooptie Damn Doo
So he was fired once by Miami and once by uconn

Reaction Score
Srq and others were defending P almost literally until he was fired. Nothing has changed.
I am utterly amazed that there are members of this board...people who call themselves UCONN football fans...that actually have the nerve to defend Paul Pasqualoni!
Not defending him but just trying to defuse some of the drama queens on this board

Reaction Score
We lost games because he put his clueless friend in charge of the online and offense. The defense under brown/ pasqualoni was one of the best we ever had. In my opinion the defeat of Louisville at home that year was one of our best defensive performances.
That's not what Mike Nebrich and his family were saying privately right after he announced his transfer to Fordham.

Reaction Score
Not defending him but just trying to defuse some of the drama queens on this board
Let him go...he ruined this program! If I ever see him or his good buddy GDL during my travels in CT it will take all I can do to take the high road and not confront them like a crazy deranged fan!!!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So he was fired once by Miami and once by uconn

And in between coached the second worst defense in the league, leaving before eventually getting fired. That's a super impressive job he's been doing.

Oh yeah UConn went 2-10 and didn't put a player on an all conference team with a roster he put together.

So it's tough to defend Diaco and P at the same time... because if P recruited talent than Diaco did nothing with it. So I guess I'd prefer it be that P left nothing and give Diaco the benefit of the doubt.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The MD game was great, too. Although I think I deserve more credit for that win than PPGDL because I was in the crowd and man, we WILLED that team to victory. If you were there, you know what I mean.

I was there and the crowd was great. But that win was a gift from HCRE! MD was driving for the winning score until they called that idiotic misdirection play.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I know when you are out boating and not watching the actual games it would be fairly easy to miss how bad this football program has been for multiple years. They played a home game in front of a crowd that would disappoint a functional high school team.

What you call drama is the cold hard reality of what is going on around the team. Maybe you think it's easy to get UConn back were they were. The longer they slide in the abyss the harder it gets.

Reaction Score
Feel bad for his family? This is a joke, right?

Yeah tough life growing up experiencing different places like Miami, Dallas, CT, Chicago, and Houston. The downside is daddy pulling in 7 figure paychecks. We should all be so unfortunate.

Reaction Score
I know when you are out boating and not watching the actual games it would be fairly easy to miss how bad this football program has been for multiple years. They played a home game in front of a crowd that would disappoint a functional high school team.

What you call drama is the cold hard reality of what is going on around the team. Maybe you think it's easy to get UConn back were they were. The longer they slide in the abyss the harder it gets.

What is it with the FL crowd on this board that loves to lecture the fans up here who spend money and actually goes to the games? these guys.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
I want to short the Texans big time. Think Vegas will do that?

Reaction Score

I think the shoveling and cold has you depressed. We have a guy in the office who is turning it around. It's not going to happen overnight. Go make a snow angel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom