Pasqualoni Lost | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Pasqualoni Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Total sloppiness on offense and defense (especially in the passing game). Major adjustments need to be made.

Reaction Score
So Coach P inherits a team with no QB, a 170 lb redshirt Freshman RB and no backups, best OLineman grads, and loss of two great LBs, and he is the problem? Don't you think RE would have had a crappy year with this team?

You can't keep playing JMc, you just can't. That is on coach P. Not getting any reps for any other running back, can't do that. Edsall deserved to have to coach this team, think he actually might have won more games with same personnel, amazed that I actuall said that.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
You can't keep playing JMc, you just can't. That is on coach P. Not getting any reps for any other running back, can't do that. Edsall deserved to have to coach this team, think he actually might have won more games with same personnel, amazed that I actuall said that.

we could have / should have beat Vandy, ISU and WMU. No great accomplishments, but wins none the less

Randy didn't lose to Mac teams

and PP admitted he blew the Vandy game by allowing Mac to throw a pick six late, when Mac was having a typical Mac game and the defense was sensational

Reaction Score
If UConn were the Titanic, Randy would have been off the boat with the women and the children. Think he didn't know the talent void that he was leaving. . . even he knew he could recruit worth a darn.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Randy got pounded by the same MAC team this year AND last year.

I'm sorry, he did lose to a Mac team. He was something like 17-1 since 2003

(and for the record, I don't consider this a great accomplishment)

Reaction Score
Randy got pounded by the same MAC team this year AND last year.

Randy Edsall, at UConn, lost one game to a MAC team in the seven years he coached at the Rent, on the road, and beat two MAC champs in bowl games that the other school could drive to. That's not an opinion. That's not a justification for losing one. That's simply a fact. Randy Edsall, in his time at UConn since moving to the Rent, lost (I believe without doing the homework) not one OOC game to a BCS team that wasn't bowl eligible that year. Again, unless I've gotten that wrong, that is just a fact.

In one year, Coach P has lost at home to a MAC team, and is 1-1 versus the MAC, and has lost two OOC games to BCS opponents that I'd be willing to bet aren't getting to 6-6. Making him 0-2 in those games.

Now, I'm not laying 100% of the blame for this year on P -- far from it -- and I'm not asking for him to be fired. But let me ask you a question -- honestly, you don't see a difference in those compared results? You believe that since we lost to Temple once that no one can be below FHCRE in any comparison? What am I missing?

Reaction Score
Everyone outside of the athletic department knew this was an AWFUL hire when it was made, but now that there has been a regime change in the athletic department I suspect something will done, but it will most likely take another year of UConn football being a joke.

Reaction Score
Still can't believe he thinks this is the best answer at Qb. I know he spends the week with the players but ....... We must be more trouble than we even realize. Coach P better start bringing in his guys asap because the ship is sinking fast.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What am I missing?

The point. The statement was "Randy didn't lose to Mac teams." I merely pointed out that the guy was 1 for his last 3. I didn't read the rest of your post, life being too short and all.

Reaction Score
There is no one other than you that gives a crap about Randy Edsall. There are many here who do think that what UConn did under Randy Edsall is more than a little relevant as a comparison to how UConn is doing after Randy Edsall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom