Pasqualoni Beginning to Disappoint | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Pasqualoni Beginning to Disappoint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He speaks alot but shares less information than Belichick. We finally are developing a football fan base and seem to say little to nothing. Losing Nebrich just plain hurts. He should have started last year but coach indecision played the trickster despite the results. We really should have won at least three more games than we did. Now the kid from Texas is getting the attention he deserves and I'm thinking he will play his college football in Texas. He may very well be a nice man but we are still boring offensively, and despite all his folksy sayings and platitudes I think he was a bad hire. I don't envision him taking this program up. We may not fall far but he does not strike me as a leader, more of a PR guy with local connections. Now let the arrows fly.

My man, fan message boards aren't real until you have posted something that is a bit "off". Everyone here has done it, and most are man/woman enough to admit it. But word to the wise, never go Full-Tard within your first 25 posts. Hard to come back from that Cuz.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I'm not sure who the others would be. But one of the key drivers would be the possibility of a fist fight breaking out.
Well then SouthTampaBill has to run away with the top spot.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
My man, fan message boards aren't real until you have posted something that is a bit "off". Everyone here has done it, and most are man/woman enough to admit it. But word to the wise, never go Full-Tard within your first 25 posts. Hard to come back from that Cuz.

This was the most hilarious piece of advice I've heard in a long time. True....but hilarious... :p

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The question you should be asking Whaler....if you really do want the program to continue to climb, is not "how the hell did we beat so many teams the last 10 years if we were that outgunned physically?"...

the question you should be asking, is...."how the hell did we go 1-and forever against ranked opponents from 2002-2011, if we wereN'T that outgunned physically?".

I'm a fair person, that is a legitimate point. I don't really feel like doing any research tonight, but I still am not sold on the concept that:
Taller & Heavier = Better. The program needs to recruit better players to get over the next hump - I just don't think I'll know if they are better based on what Scout lists as their height and weight in high school. I think I'll know when I see them play better than the players who went to four straight bowl games and won two conference championships.

Reaction Score
Can somebody post a picture Eeyore? Under a rain cloud?

A lot of people will write anything to get a reaction - it's tough sometimes to make a call if somebody is being serious or not.

Nebrich had a lot of potential at UConn. You don't win games with potential, and Nebrich didn't win any games for us.

Pasqualoni on the other hand? He's a coach with potential, a guy that has coached teams to a 112-66- 1 record in division 1-A college football.

We'll see what season two brings, but season one got us 5 wins. I expect significantly more than 5 this year.

As for recruiting, all you need to do, is get on the same field with the entire roster this year, and compare what you see, to what was on the field, 3 years ago.

We look like a 1-A team now.

I think PP is beyond potential... Not a knock on him. Just given his experience and tenure I think you know what you get with him. He's earned the right to be judged on his collective accomplishments and failures. Not on what he might do. Uconn didn't hire him for potential. They hired him to do what he did at SU... Win games, elevate the program, and cultivate local talent.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
More weird!

My bro works in Seoul... I told him that if I'm not partying with this guy the next time I visit, I'll be HUGELY disappointed...

I pray that Lyle McCombs checks out the Boneyard from time to time, and then he decides to make the "ride the pony" dance his new touchdown celebration. Opa Gangnam Style!!! :cool:

Reaction Score
I pray that Lyle McCombs checks out the Boneyard from time to time, and then he decides to make the "ride the pony" dance his new touchdown celebration. Opa Gangnam Style!!! :cool:

Hell - Warde and Susan should fly him in to work w/the cheer squad, dump DJ Joey and play this on video board. I have visions of the student section riding the pony!! (well, thatcould because of the JWB)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
To defend a mistake with "it shows he believes in the program" demonstrates nothing more than that you have a theory (which is clearly that Edsall didn't believe in the program while he was here) that you feel the need to defend in every situation.

When I was writing that post, I couldn't get that last game at BCU out of my mind. They were better, but not that much better. I had the best seats I ever had for a game - 3rd row on the 50, right behind the team. But the former coach never game the team a chance to win. We had the best QB in the history of the program yet he was never given the chance to make a play. It was inside hand-off heaven. Our coach didn't play to win, he played to keep it close. He didn't believe in his team.

Reaction Score
When I was writing that post, I couldn't get that last game at BCU out of my mind. They were better, but not that much better. I had the best seats I ever had for a game - 3rd row on the 50, right behind the team. But the former coach never game the team a chance to win. We had the best QB in the history of the program yet he was never given the chance to make a play. It was inside hand-off heaven. Our coach didn't play to win, he played to keep it close. He didn't believe in his team.

maybe he's just a tight ass, sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't,

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
How about we hire Bobby Petrino for a few years?
I think (hope) you are kidding but I know a few alums who still hate the coach P hire and 100% would be in favor of hiring Petrino today to replace him.

Reaction Score
I believe Carl means that the recruits are more college level (body wise) ready to play than before. Guys like Myers on D-line, Knappe etc. RE was more of the molding type, RS and wait 2-3 years b4 they play. I believe these kids are more talented, bigger stronger and faster, and like someone pointed out before time will tell how good they are going to be.

They are bigger, but are they really faster and more talented?

Reaction Score

Recognize, please, that you cannot logically defend P (which was what this thread was about) simply by hating Edsall. You think Edsall was a horrific coach -- trust me, we all get that -- but that is totally irrelevant to how good a job P did last year or how good a coach he will be this year. Every college football coach in the country other than Randy Edsall is not Randy Edsall. There is not one decision they make that you can say is good just because you think Edsall would have done the opposite.

Reaction Score
I think (hope) you are kidding but I know a few alums who still hate the coach P hire and 100% would be in favor of hiring Petrino today to replace him.
Petrino is a total sleazeball but also guaranteed conference championships.

Reaction Score
They are bigger, but are they really faster and more talented?
if there able to come in right away and push the starters I'll say yes more talented and faster than previous recruits.

Reaction Score
Wrote that on BL's receiver breakdown. maybe you missed it. I don't believe that I've state a much "Higher" level of player anywhere. You just look for the negative in anything. I most certailny believe we're bringing in a different quality of player at each position, when it comes to things like height, weight --- when you look at all the positions. Most of them are bigger, as noted, some are smaller. The concept of a redshirt year to put on weight? Gone. Can't compete week in and week out in 1-A football that way with anyone in the country and expect to be a top 25 program. That's where I'm ultimjately goign if you want to argue.

I don't think that the way we recruited in the past, could have gotten past where we got to. I think that's changed, I think the way we are recruiting now, gives us a much higher ceiling.

It remains to be seen, that we win on the field.

Happy whaler?
Tell'em Carl! If people can't see the more talented, college level playing recruits coming in then previously then they have no clue. Winning is everything. Keep them coming Coach! Of course it only matters on the field, time will tell.

Reaction Score
Tell'em Carl! If people can't see the more talented, college level playing recruits coming in then previously then they have no clue. Winning is everything. Keep them coming Coach! Of course it only matters on the field, time will tell.

If winning is everything, then why do we have no clue if we can't tell new recruits are more talented prior to them winning more than less talented recruits did? Or is that just too logical?

Reaction Score
Recognize, please, that you cannot logically defend P (which was what this thread was about) simply by hating Edsall. You think Edsall was a horrific coach -- trust me, we all get that -- but that is totally irrelevant to how good a job P did last year or how good a coach he will be this year. Every college football coach in the country other than Randy Edsall is not Randy Edsall. There is not one decision they make that you can say is good just because you think Edsall would have done the opposite.
I saw that Vandy play as a bad outcome but not all that outrageous a call. If the pass falls incomplete, it isn't much different from if we had run the ball. If Mac completes a pass, game over and we win. If he threw it into the cheap seats, again, we punt and try to win with defense just as if we had handed to the tailback. They tried to ice the game. the quarterback bungled the play. I happens. Not much different from calling a Todman run on your own 25. He slips or the linebacker makes a play and Edsall is a bonehead because everyone knows you punt on 4th down in your own end up by a couple with time running out. Pasqualoni went for the win,. I have no problem with that. I didn't particularly like the specific play call, but I get idea. Now there were times in his tenure when I have no doubt that Edsall didn't think he had the horses to compete with his opponent. In those games he tried to shorten the game in a long shot hope that he would get a late break. Rarely worked out that way unfortunately. But getting into a footrace with Miami or VaTech in 2001 wasn't going to get us anything.

Reaction Score
If winning is everything, then why do we have no clue if we can't tell new recruits are more talented prior to them winning more than less talented recruits did? Or is that just too logical?
this is the first full year of Coach P in my opinion recruiting wise. He came in Jan/feb. Also had a walk-on qb as a starter. These guys are in his system now for a year/and his recruits are coming in. That's why i say time will tell. This year I bet it's better than 5-7.

Reaction Score

I did a few linda blair's trying to figure this one out, but then it clicked - #1, you (and I think others too) are interchanging the idea/word talent - with physical differences . I've been talkign about physical differences, mostly vertically in the roster. My fault probably for not making the clear distinction that I'm not saying our incoming players are better than prior incoming players. They are physically different though.

As for the too logical question? As recruiting relates to winning?

Well that all depends on the size of your truth table as compared to mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom