Pasqualoni Beginning to Disappoint | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Pasqualoni Beginning to Disappoint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I believe Carl means that the recruits are more college level (body wise) ready to play than before. Guys like Myers on D-line, Knappe etc. RE was more of the molding type, RS and wait 2-3 years b4 they play. I believe these kids are more talented, bigger stronger and faster, and like someone pointed out before time will tell how good they are going to be.

Reaction Score
Whaler - typical.

Am I in the minority, thinking that in the past, especially when you moved away from the point of attack at scrimmage - we tended to be a small team? Vertically and horizontally through the roster? Maybe I am.

Well, either way - if you thought we were small before, we aren't anymore, and if you didn't think we were small before - nothing's changed.
Honestly Carl?,
the Oline is signifigantly smaller, back ups too.

Reaction Score
Honestly Carl?,
the Oline is signifigantly smaller, back ups too.

I know the OL is different. They're still monsters. We've gone from one of the largest OL's in the country to a normal sized one. Can you honestly say that if you lined up our entire roster of linebackers, DB's and, WR's and Backs a few years ago, to our full roster right now that we're not significantly bigger across the board?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
are we really that much smaller on the OL? or is it that this year we are thin at that position so theres not a lot to compare to. If AK is moving to OL next year among recruits coming in i would like to see size comparisons...

Reaction Score
There are two ways I look at a roster, horizontally and vertically. I think I mentioned those words somewhere in this mess. I'll save the explanation, it's pretty easy to figure out if you think about it.

We are much different roster in 2012, horizontally and vertically, than we were in the past. I'm going to leave it at that. I think some people just like to argue with me.

Reaction Score
are we really that much smaller on the OL? or is it that this year we are thin at that position so theres not a lot to compare to. If AK is moving to OL next year among recruits coming in i would like to see size comparisons...

The OL that we went to Michigan with in 2010, significantly outweighed the guys we're going to put out as our #1s now. Duncan is right, although I'm not sure why he's arguing with me. We've gone from averaging 320lb and 330+ guys to 300lb guys. CLearly, the idea is that our OL, is going to be more mobile and diverse in both their run blocking and pass blockign skills than what we did before. Our freshmen recruits coming in are coming in bigger than in the past though.

Reaction Score
I think some people just like to argue with me.

Would you at least be so kind as to recognize the theoretical possibility that some people might just thing you are wrong a material percentage of the time?

Reaction Score
Dan we're 300lbs across , thats not average anymore, our bigger lines were smaller than normal B1G lines as in '10.

Reaction Score
Dan we're 300lbs across , thats not average anymore, our bigger lines were smaller than normal B1G lines as in '10.

We don't play in the big 10. last time we played them, we the bed. I'm looking forward to the next time.

Reaction Score
Not completely on point, but I was in Green Bay a few weeks back and got to play golf with Jerry Kramer. Yes, the one with 5 championship rings.

I asked him about Lombardi over dinner, as to how long it took them to buy in. He said it was at the end of the second season going into the third where everyone bought into Lombardi and each other.

After this season if he underperformance I will feel differently but I believe we should let this season happen.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Whaler - typical.

Am I in the minority, thinking that in the past, especially when you moved away from the point of attack at scrimmage - we tended to be a small team? Vertically and horizontally through the roster? Maybe I am.

Well, either way - if you thought we were small before, we aren't anymore, and if you didn't think we were small before - nothing's changed.

Typical in that I call out your nonsense? Sure. Does it matter if you are small on specials or effective. Let me know which one is more important. Personally I'll take results.

Your platform is that P has improved the program by bringing in a much higher level of player. Other than there is no evidence of this - sure keep banging that drum:

The only evidence is that his first year broke a 4 year bowl trip streak which included a trip to the Fiesta, a bowl win over an SEC team and two conference co-championships. Now we've got all the excuses - system is better but growing pains, Edsall walked away with nothing left to compete with. So on and so forth. Chance to prove it starts in 3 weeks, until then you are talking out of your a**.

Keep on message though, don't let silly things like evidence get in the way of your campaign.

Reaction Score
I don't know why, but this response made me laugh out loud.

If I could pick 5 Yarders to have beverages with, BL and Spackler would certainly make the cut.

I know why it made you LOL -- because it was a damn good line. Credit where credit is due to Carl.

Reaction Score
Typical in that I call out your nonsense? Sure. Does it matter if you are small on specials or effective. Let me know which one is more important. Personally I'll take results.

Your platform is that P has improved the program by bringing in a much higher level of player. Other than there is no evidence of this - sure keep banging that drum:

The only evidence is that his first year broke a 4 year bowl trip streak which included a trip to the Fiesta, a bowl win over an SEC team and two conference co-championships. Now we've got all the excuses - system is better but growing pains, Edsall walked away with nothing left to compete with. So on and so forth. Chance to prove it starts in 3 weeks, until then you are talking out of your a**.

Keep on message though, don't let silly things like evidence get in the way of your campaign.

What it looks like to me that we've got is what passes the eye test for a prototypical X (Smith) a prototypical Z (Philips) and prototypical Y (N. Williams). I think you've got depth lining up behind them, that look just like them.

I see a roster that has been molded all over the place, from 2011 to 2012, to have very specific physical characteristics. It's exactly what P said he was going to do.

It's nice to see, and it's all fine and dandy, and I'm happy to see the kinds of guys we've got lining up all over the field, over what we've gone to the field with before....but it's all kind of meaningless if we don't win games.

Many folks will say that football is a "show me" kind of game. I'm ready for them all to show me they can win.

Wrote that on BL's receiver breakdown. maybe you missed it. I don't believe that I've state a much "Higher" level of player anywhere. You just look for the negative in anything. I most certailny believe we're bringing in a different quality of player at each position, when it comes to things like height, weight --- when you look at all the positions. Most of them are bigger, as noted, some are smaller. The concept of a redshirt year to put on weight? Gone. Can't compete week in and week out in 1-A football that way with anyone in the country and expect to be a top 25 program. That's where I'm ultimjately goign if you want to argue.

I don't think that the way we recruited in the past, could have gotten past where we got to. I think that's changed, I think the way we are recruiting now, gives us a much higher ceiling.

It remains to be seen, that we win on the field.

Happy whaler?

Reaction Score
Would you at least be so kind as to recognize the theoretical possibility that some people might just thing you are wrong a material percentage of the time?

Its like arguing with our very own Colonel McBragg.

Reaction Score
Its like arguing with our very own Colonel McBragg.

It's been a long time since I've even heard that cartoon mentioned, much less seen it, but wasn't it "Commander" McBragg? (Extra credit if you respond with "quite").

Reaction Score
It's been a long time since I've even heard that cartoon mentioned, much less seen it, but wasn't it "Commander" McBragg? (Extra credit if you respond with "quite").
Yes, quite. Carl made my head hurt, I gave him a promotion.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I don't know why, but this response made me laugh out loud.

If I could pick 5 Yarders to have beverages with, BL and Spackler would certainly make the cut.

who would the others be?

i would have a hard time picking 5. i would have like a list of 20ish that i would want to hang with for a few...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wrote that on BL's receiver breakdown. maybe you missed it. I don't believe that I've state a much "Higher" level of player anywhere. You just look for the negative in anything. I most certailny believe we're bringing in a different quality of player at each position, when it comes to things like height, weight --- when you look at all the positions. Most of them are bigger, as noted, some are smaller. The concept of a redshirt year to put on weight? Gone. Can't compete week in and week out in 1-A football that way with anyone in the country and expect to be a top 25 program. That's where I'm ultimjately goign if you want to argue.

I don't think that the way we recruited in the past, could have gotten past where we got to. I think that's changed, I think the way we are recruiting now, gives us a much higher ceiling.

It remains to be seen, that we win on the field.

Happy whaler?

I hadn't seen the receiver post yet, figured it was too much to get through at work.

You can say wanting to see evidence that something has improved before deeming it so is negative... Not sure what is negative about reserving judgement until one actually has the information to make a decision with.

Nor am I sure why being happier after 4 bowl trips and 2 conf championships versus a 5-7 season seems strange - but I guess I odd around here, I care 99.9% what happens on the field.

You might be right that Edsall may never have been able to get past where he got the team with his approach. Not sure why P doesn't have to do it before it's decided his approach is better.

I have no idea why people are so against redshirts. I'd rather have a 23 young man than an 18 year old kid on the field.

Maybe height and weight are as important as you say, but how the hell did we beat so many teams the last 10 years if we were that outgunned physcially?

Reaction Score
who would the others be?

i would have a hard time picking 5. i would have like a list of 20ish that i would want to hang with for a few...

I'm not sure who the others would be. But one of the key drivers would be the possibility of a fist fight breaking out.

Reaction Score
I hadn't seen the receiver post yet, figured it was too much to get through at work.

You can say wanting to see evidence that something has improved before deeming it so is negative... Not sure what is negative about reserving judgement until one actually has the information to make a decision with.

Nor am I sure why being happier after 4 bowl trips and 2 conf championships versus a 5-7 season seems strange - but I guess I odd around here, I care 99.9% what happens on the field.

You might be right that Edsall may never have been able to get past where he got the team with his approach. Not sure why P doesn't have to do it before it's decided his approach is better.

I have no idea why people are so against redshirts. I'd rather have a 23 young man than an 18 year old kid on the field.

Maybe height and weight are as important as you say, but how the hell did we beat so many teams the last 10 years if we were that outgunned physcially?

The question you should be asking Whaler....if you really do want the program to continue to climb, is not "how the hell did we beat so many teams the last 10 years if we were that outgunned physically?"...

the question you should be asking, is...."how the hell did we go 1-and forever against ranked opponents from 2002-2011, if we wereN'T that outgunned physically?".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom