Parity this year | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Parity this year

Reaction Score
Oddly enough, she performs better coming off the bench from what I remember of her time at Duke. Miami has a lot of guards though. Will be interesting to see if she will replace someone, like her Canadian counterpart Dwyer, in the starting rotation.
Yes, she always has, but she doesn't like coming off the bench

Reaction Score
Yes, she always has, but she doesn't like coming off the bench
Trust me, I'm very aware of that. Teams have always been built around her being a starter dating back to even before her Crestwood days. With her goals being to be a pro in the future, adjusting to being a role player is important because there's no guarantee she would be one at that level.

Heck, she's been surpassed by others like Prosper and Swords for the Canadian Senior National team which should be an indication that there's work to do. Hopefully she'll learn this over the next couple seasons.

Reaction Score
I was watching that game. Casual Oregon Ducks fan here. Santa Clara was on FIRE!! They just could not miss, especially from deep. 16 three pointers made. The Ducks could not make shots. I think was the worst loss for Coach Graves since they lost to UConn back in 2017-18 range.
The importance of 3pt shooting, and a grim reminder of what we’ve lost with Azzi and Caroline.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not sure if I ever mentioned it, but you are probably my favorite Canadian poster on the BY.
Well, that's kind of expected since the rest are probably Syracuse fans.

#Canada'steam

Reaction Score
Well, that's kind of expected since the rest are probably Syracuse fans.

#Canada'steam

Which part of Canada would consider Syracuse to be their team?

Sorry, but I highly doubt those in BC would chose the Orange over Gonzaga's Bulldogs based on Gonzaga's recruiting success over the last decade ;)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Btw triaddukefan Day-Wilson went 7/7 and 5/5 from three today....thought you'd like to know.

Good for her. Hopefully she can do that versus Chapel Hill, ND, F$U and Louisville. I took an unofficial poll of Duke fans, (1 voted) and overwhelmingly they/we are happier with our current starting PG than our former one.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Sorry, but I highly doubt those in BC would chose the Orange over Gonzaga's Bulldogs based on Gonzaga's recruiting success over the last decade ;)

Inside joke among some UCONN fans. Syracuse is so far north that they are really a part of Canada more so than the US... at least that's my interpretation.

CL82

Reaction Score

Whichever part Syracuse is located in?

Reaction Score
Good for her. Hopefully she can do that versus Chapel Hill, ND, F$U and Louisville. I took an unofficial poll of Duke fans, (1 voted) and overwhelmingly they/we are happier with our current starting PG than our former one.
I 2nd that vote!

Reaction Score
Inside joke among some UCONN fans. Syracuse is so far north that they are really a part of Canada more so than the US... at least that's my interpretation.

Maybe in the northeastern part of the US, LOL. Spokane is a heck of a lot further north than Syracuse ;)

Whichever part Syracuse is located in?
I'm hoping your reply was sarcasm becuase if you're not sure which state Syracuse is in, why bring it up?

CL82

Reaction Score
Maybe in the northeastern part of the US, LOL. Spokane is a heck of a lot further north than Syracuse ;)

I'm hoping your reply was sarcasm becuase if you're not sure which state Syracuse is in, why bring it up?
Saskatchewan?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
As much as I want to ask questions about Canadian Provinces, I'll save it for another thread.

Reaction Score
Updated Fun but (somewhat) meaningless statistics:
Of the remaining 28(Now 22) undefeated D1 teams half are in a couple of conferences and there are some surprises among them (and some who haven't really played a challenging schedule to this point).

Big12: 9 undefeated teams: Now 6
#12 Texas(8-0), #14 Baylor(5-0), TCU(7-0), Tx Tech(8-0), UCF(6-0), and W.Va.(6-0)

Pac-12: 5 undefeated teams: Still 5
#2UCLA(6-0), #4Stanford(7-0), #8 USC(6-0), Washington (7-0), and Oregon State (5-0)

SEC: 3 undefeated teams: Now 1
#1 South Carolina(5-0)

ACC: 2 undefeated teams: Still 2
#10 NC State(8-0), and Miami (6-0)

Big East: 1 undefeated team: Still 1
Marquette(7-0)

Big Ten: 0 undefeated teams

Atlantic 10: 2 undefeated teams: Still 2
George Mason(7-0), and St. Joseph's(6-0)

Mountain West: 2 undefeated teams: Still 2
UNLV(7-0), and Colorado State(5-0)

Sun Belt: 2 undefeated teams: Still 2
Southern Miss.(6-0), and Old Dominion(5-0)

WAC: 1 undefeated team : Still 1
(Cal Baptist 5-0)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Pac-12: 5 undefeated teams: Still 5
#2UCLA(6-0), #4Stanford(7-0), #8 USC(6-0), Washington (7-0), and Oregon State (5-0)
UW and OSU are in a tight contest as far as which has had the weaker schedule to date. Probably OSU playing at least one halfway legit team in Villanova gives the nod to UW. I think the Dawgs are getting so bored that lately they've been letting cruddy teams hang with them for 3 or 3 1/2 quarters to make it a little more interesting.

Reaction Score
UW and OSU are in a tight contest as far as which has had the weaker schedule to date. Probably OSU playing at least one halfway legit team in Villanova gives the nod to UW. I think the Dawgs are getting so bored that lately they've been letting cruddy teams hang with them for 3 or 3 1/2 quarters to make it a little more interesting.
OSU's non conference schedule to date has been supremely weak and OSU has played every game at home. However, with such a young team and 7 new players, I'm OK with the schedule. The remaining non conference schedule gets a little tougher before OSU's first PAC-12 game vs Oregon.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Utah is having some trouble w/ St. Joes. The Hawks are 8-0, but the schedule has been fairly light.

edit--never mind, Utes must've read this and got mad

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Okay, rushing right to my next "calling it too early" special: Arizona barely leading 3-5 UC San Diego, probably the 3rd best D1 program in the city of San Diego. Out of 3.

Reaction Score
And then there were 19 ..... undefeated teams - as St. Joseph's goes down at home to #11 Utah

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Okay, rushing right to my next "calling it too early" special: Arizona barely leading 3-5 UC San Diego, probably the 3rd best D1 program in the city of San Diego. Out of 3.
I'm telling y'all, I have some kind of weird super powers. UA was up about 3 somewhere in the 2nd quarter when I wrote this. The Cats must've also read my comments and got mad. Next thing you know their up by 30+. I don't know how I do it, but I do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom