OT: - Parham gets waiver to play now at Georgia Tech | The Boneyard

OT: Parham gets waiver to play now at Georgia Tech

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

Anyone have the background here? Interesting we couldn't get a waiver for Wilson 2 seasons ago or Cole this season, but this guy heading to an ACC school can play immediately.

I'm fine have Cole be our "Ferrari in the garage" for the start of the BE, but it just seems like every other program gets breaks from the NCAA that UConn isn't given.

Reaction Score
Another waiver granted. I don't know what the "unspecified circumstances" were on this one.

Iowa State guard Rasir Bolton will be eligible for the upcoming season, a move that should vastly improve the Cyclones' chances of competing for an NCAA tournament berth in 2019-20.

The Cyclones announced Tuesday that Bolton, who averaged 11.6 points per game last season as a freshman at Penn State, was granted an NCAA waiver for immediate eligibility.
Iowa State said the NCAA considered unspecified circumstances surrounding his transfer from the Nittany Lions.

Not much on why he got a waiver.

No one has publicly disclosed details of what was included in NCAA correspondence that sought a waiver of what’s basically an undefined rule. He’d not been injured. There wasn’t a change of coaches. There’s no major illness in the family that would cause him to want to transfer, yet he wanted out of Happy Valley to immediately begin his eligibility clock elsewhere.

At least two people with knowledge and close to the situation have said that Penn State also submitted documentation to the NCAA, supporting Bolton’s request for immediate eligibility.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
More NCAA BS
More Emmert BS - to think that jerk spent a good chunk of his early career at UConn
All P5 schools seemed to have been given Teflon suits
If you think anything major will come down on Kansas - you are kidding yourself
Happy for the Bolton kid but concerned about all the ones who were denied

Reaction Score
Official NCAA Transfer Application
Name
: Rasir Bolton
Explain why a transfer to Iowa State should be approved: I never attended, nor did I ever apply to, nor did I ever think about applying to, nor did I know the University of Connecticut plays basketball.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't it be better for the NCAA if they were transparent in these circumstances? Instead they have to be secretive about everything which opens them up to questions and ridicule.

Just the NCAA being the NCAA.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Supposedly Joey Hauser who transferred from Marquette to Michigan St. is going to be requesting a waiver as well. Can't wait to hear what ridiculous hardship that gets filed under considering he went from playing within 100 miles of his hometown to across Lake Michigan to play. I don't think "volume of Markus Howard shots" is a reasonable excuse, but maybe the NCAA disagrees... :)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I honestly do not think UConn wants Cole eligible this year.

We don’t see the applications for waivers, so who knows what the NCAA is going off, but they sure as hell seem pretty random.

Reaction Score

We don’t see the applications for waivers, so who knows what the NCAA is going off, but they sure as hell seem pretty random.
Why wouldnt we want Cole eligible. Our point guard depth is razor thin. If Alterique goes down then Gaffney is our backup and idt people view him as a true point guard.

We all remember the whipping we got vs houston a couple years ago when CV and Purvis were sharing point guard duties lmao

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The NCAA plays by their rules and whatever they decide at the moment.
Now Cole sitting a year is not a bad thing and helps if a certain player leaves after the season

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
So Parham gets waiver and GTech gets sanctioned.

Reaction Score
Why wouldnt we want Cole eligible. Our point guard depth is razor thin. If Alterique goes down then Gaffney is our backup and idt people view him as a true point guard.

We all remember the whipping we got vs houston a couple years ago when CV and Purvis were sharing point guard duties lmao
Gilbert, Vital, Cole should all be on the floor for 30+ minutes a game. Unless you are going to have three guys on the court at 6'2 or shorter, there's only 80 minutes to go around for these three guys.

Next year, Vital will be gone, Gilbert might be gone so having him for two years to compliment Gaffney would be huge and more valuable than having Gilbert/Vital/Cole vie for each other's time.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

A coaching change is usually pretty cut and dry. It’s weird they didn’t seek one. I guess banking on AG this year.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

Top 50 recruit played 1 game at Texas Tech due to injury, transferred to Clemson this summer is NCAA deemed him immediately eligible to play

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

University of Kentucky red-shirt sophomore from CA transferring to University of Arizona, cleared to play immediately

Reaction Score
DH addressed this in one of the podcasts re-Cole that they didn’t apply for the waiver and the expectation/want when getting him was for him to sit the year, get his body right & get accustomed to this level of competition

Reaction Score
It seems like the NCAA can at least say while there is a Notice of Allegations that there will be no waivers in the transfer portal. It basically tells transfers to go someplace "clean" if you want to transfer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom