Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Found this on another site.

Recruiting - Link

Article has some great advice and tips.

However, I would suggest that parents find someone other than an AAU coach as their primary advisor. Not all AAU coaches have the best interest of the player. Too many direct players to schools that help the coaches more then the players. AAU and even High School coaches should play a role, but IMHO not the primary role.

A big advantage Jasmine had was her mom was already familiar with recruiting, apparently had a good education and was highly organized.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Found this on another site.

Recruiting - Link

Article has some great advice and tips.

However, I would suggest that parents find someone other than an AAU coach as their primary advisor. Not all AAU coaches have the best interest of the player. Too many direct players to schools that help the coaches more then the players. AAU and even High School coaches should play a role, but IMHO not the primary role.

A big advantage Jasmine had was her mom was already familiar with recruiting, apparently had a good education and was highly organized.

Bingo.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I would say the vast majority of AAU coaches don't have an agenda. However, most of them have also never had an elite player, either. The elite players tend to flock to the well-known, highly exposed AAU programs - Philly Belles, Exodus, Tennessee Flight, Liberty Belles, Boo Williams, for example - and often small, local AAU teams are surprised when a star pops up in their midst.

The bigger AAU programs might have ties with shoe companies, friendly relations with local coaches (think Mike Flynn/Philly Belles & Brenda Frese) or have developed a dislike of some coach or another. But should an elite-level kid stay away from the AAU powerhouses because someone there might have an agenda? No, because those programs offer the best exposure. As Ozzie says, due diligence is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom