Paradise Jam question | The Boneyard

Paradise Jam question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My wife and I are attending this year and I have a question for those who have been to the event previously. The tournament website advertises advance passes for the three days, but indicates that passes can also be purchased at the door. Is it open seating or are all seats reserved? Any advantage to paying the shipping and handling fees as opposed to just buying the passes at the door? Thanks.

Reaction Score
You can buy at the door .
The actual ticket is a landard type that you hang around your neck .
All seats are bleachers, I did not see any reserve last time I went.
This is a small gym so don't get there too late.

Hope this helps.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Thanks. No risk of a sell-out, I gather.

Probably not. When UConn isn't there, they don't even half-fill, but UConn is a draw, and the crowds are much better. The place was not quite full last time, and the economy is down, so I don't expect there to be as many.

Still, worth getting there before the game starts, if only to get decent seats.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I sent in my application for the package deal this week. My husband and sons, who are going to only one game, will buy single game tix at the door.

So, how many Boneyarders are going? So far there are three of us that I know of.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Seating is first-come, best-seated.

It's like a high school gym, seats are fold down from the wall. All bench seating.

Easy to secure center-court, first or second row.

Enjoy a Heinecken at half-time.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I sent in my application for the package deal this week. My husband and sons, who are going to only one game, will buy single game tix at the door.

So, how many Boneyarders are going? So far there are three of us that I know of.

Counting family and friends, six of us going as a group.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
So, where are we meeting for a pre- or post-game get together?

Reaction Score
We're staying at the Frenchman's Reef. We booked through a travel agent instead of the PJam packager. Never having visited the USVI before, I don't have a place in mind for a pre- or post-game meet. Apparently, the gym is 6-7 miles from the resort. I noticed that all of UCONN's games are in the evening as double-headers with other teams in the same bracket. The other division of the tournament (8 other teams) plays in the afternoon. We plan to hang out at the resort during the day and head to the games by bus or taxi in time to get decent seats. I'm sure we'll have plenty of opportunities to get acquainted with others wearing national flag blue and white gear.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
We are staying at Bolongo Bay. Last time, I did a lot of the planning, but this time, Polly and some others are taking more of a lead. I'll ask them what suggestions there are for get togethers.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Another Boneyarder and I are at Bluebeard's Castle. I think all of these places are reasonable close.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I'll be hanging with Nan at Bluebeard's....Aaaarrrrrgh! I hope there's not a bathtub in my room. :)

And, thanx for the tix reminder... Here's hoping the usps gets my application to the West Coast by Friday...

Reaction Score
We're staying at the Frenchman's Reef. We booked through a travel agent instead of the PJam packager. Never having visited the USVI before, I don't have a place in mind for a pre- or post-game meet. Apparently, the gym is 6-7 miles from the resort. I noticed that all of UCONN's games are in the evening as double-headers with other teams in the same bracket. The other division of the tournament (8 other teams) plays in the afternoon. We plan to hang out at the resort during the day and head to the games by bus or taxi in time to get decent seats. I'm sure we'll have plenty of opportunities to get acquainted with others wearing national flag blue and white gear.
Bringing your clubs? Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01