Papi.......... | The Boneyard

Papi..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"People are used to see me with the Red Sox uniform and when you have so much time in one organization, and you're identified with it, the best thing is to stay, even if it is for 1 or 2 million less."

1 or 2M lass Papster?? Put a golve on, become a real baseball player then maybe you won't go to arbitration every year..........the guy can hit, he seems like a good teammate but 14.5M for him is pretty damn good I'd say considering he gets to sit every game!

connectikev

RIP, Kev (3/4/2018)
Reaction Score
Kev - you sound bitter. He might be a part time player in your eyes, but to us Sox fans, he's our Papi. (and yes, the thought of him putting on a glove frightens me, a lot)

Reaction Score
Kev - you sound bitter. He might be a part time player in your eyes, but to us Sox fans, he's our Papi. (and yes, the thought of him putting on a glove frightens me, a lot)

I sound "bitter" kev? Nah no reason to be just a baseball traditionalist....like guys who can hit (as Papi can for sure), make some plays in the field and then when they do hit, actually run groundballs out to their fullest. Until you can do all those I don't think you can quibble for "1 or 2 M" as Papi pointed out, just be happy you were overpayed and shut up.

Yeah I know Sox fans will come back with "ARod, Jeter...blah blah..." - they're baseball players like or not and one time 2 of the best. They're money, while also too high, was earned in their careers. Papi's was also but again, he's half a player so half a salary is all there should be................

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Now, where is AAAB in this thread so we can have some real Kevsanity going on!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think we all no by now that the guy is full of . I don't care as long as he contnues to rake. A Papi in the .220's is much tougher to take.

Reaction Score
I sound "bitter" kev? Nah no reason to be just a baseball traditionalist....like guys who can hit (as Papi can for sure), make some plays in the field and then when they do hit, actually run groundballs out to their fullest. Until you can do all those I don't think you can quibble for "1 or 2 M" as Papi pointed out, just be happy you were overpayed and shut up.

Yeah I know Sox fans will come back with "ARod, Jeter...blah blah..." - they're baseball players like or not and one time 2 of the best. They're money, while also too high, was earned in their careers. Papi's was also but again, he's half a player so half a salary is all there should be................
Hey he can play 1B if he has to. Now he won't remind anyone of Tex or Gonzalez but he can play 1B. Take his bat out of the Sox lineup and you'll take away about 100 RBIs. It is a 1 year deal so I think it is a good investment. Who else is available who will give you about 30 HRs and 100 RBIs?

Reaction Score
Hey he can play 1B if he has to. Now he won't remind anyone of Tex or Gonzalez but he can play 1B. Take his bat out of the Sox lineup and you'll take away about 100 RBIs. It is a 1 year deal so I think it is a good investment. Who else is available who will give you about 30 HRs and 100 RBIs?

I agree if the bat is still good then you have no choice I guess, baseball has allowed this. But he can't play 1st base, never could. Maybe good enough for the Greater Hartford Twilight League but he's not even close to an average MLB 1st baseman. He would kill you in the long run if you needed to put a glove on the man.

Reaction Score
I still remember him throwing out the Cardinal pitcher at third base in what might have been the turning point of game three. Pedro was really struggling up to that point but settled down after that and the rest his history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom