Painful Thoughts/Auburn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Painful Thoughts/Auburn

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
That game was as embarrassing as any (including Arkansas) as any I have watched. I mean to allow that to happen and not show a single ounce of effort to change what was happening really had me wondering if could watch this team again the rest of the year. Normally I will say "hey we ran into a buzz saw not a lot you can do about it", and you know what it's probably partially correct. But you can't accept it anymore when it just happened in 2 of your last couple games, it's not the UConn way and is beyond unacceptable. Listen I think you know it things were decent and we looked good most of the time I'd tell you Auburn played out of their butts, they did, and the referees were walking the fine line for a homer, they were. But when you look at it in a whole, they deserved all those calls and they deserved to make a lot of shots because our guys aren't smart and they don't compete their tails off or match anyone's intensity any more. Man it's painful - I yelled at my son with about 5 minutes to go as he was standing if front of the TV doing something for his mom which was Christmas related. He didn't deserve that he was getting tongue lashed from his old cranky bah humbug dad because of the product I was watching. He's also a fan and asked "Why would you even watch them right now dad they're awful" - POOF the words of my son rang true. It's damn torture watching this team through my hands over my face waiting for worst thing to happen than I am seeing.

I am sorry I had enough hope and Husky pride to wait this long, or shall I say last this long but I can't take it anymore. This is not what we sign up for, it's not what we should expect so I am firmly on the do whatever you have to do in order to make me at least have a reason to think we will compete again. When I say these things I feel for the likes of the freshman/newcomers, AG because they don;t know what UConn basketball is. Even CV who seems to know what it should be, but our leaders, coaches have lost tough with why the are on the sidelines and in the uniform. In both blow outs I watched out players allow people from the other team laugh, celebrate their wonderful games in our players faces without a mere ounce of energy to stop some of these things. What I mean by energy is a HARD foul or trying to take a charge and beat them back while they try to make a lay up and dunk line in the waning moments. How do the coaches even think of allowing this to happen to their kids without creating some form of fight back?

Anyway my pride as a fan is cooked for now, no more excitement as the work day comes to an end knowing there is a Husky game on to get excited about that night, that's over for a while. I know the change has to be made, when I have no idea. I was all in on how we needed to keep this whole thing in our family and wished it worked that way and still believe that was the way to maintain what we had. It will be a long road getting it back for someone and I do believe we will never get there again I'm afraid. How AD David Benedict does it will be important, or even if he does it will be but the choice if made will be the most if there is hope at all. I certainly don't have that answer but I don't believe it can be in the family unless we can get our actual savior back.

All in all still a fan through and through but the hardest times of my life as a fan just got so much harder, and so much longer before we come close to who were were for so many years. Sucks, but hey..

Merry Christmas everyone, we still have our family and friends which is most important! And our dogs, can't forget them!
Finally, Mau has decided to take the red pill. Welcome brother
main-qimg-ed23d9866da0882d2b994338a31dc8fa

Reaction Score
All we can do now is root for our team. Expectations are nonexistent. I will still watch the games but now I won’t plan my day around it. I’m old so time goes by quickly. Change will come. Not soon enough for some but it’s inevitable. It’s funny how a couple years ago I would be disappointed if we didn’t have a shot a making a deep tournament run. Now I will look forward to having a product on the floor that competes and is fun to watch.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
When my non sports loving father in law put his hand on my shoulder last night as I was watching the game and told me it was going to be ok, i knew that it wasnt.

My energy for this team was waning, now its almost non existent. Ill watch and ill hope but, for now, i know itll be a waste of my time.

These are uncharted waters for most of us. I wont give up on my school but until theyre ready to put forth the same effort that I, we collectively, put into rooting them on, its going to be hard. Real hard.

That's about where I am. I can put all my feelings and thoughts into most of these posts. It's draining me.

A few of my teams are either amidst a drowning or have been drowning for going on 20 (looking at you, Bills Mafia), but the Huskies were usually my go-to for joy and hope. That's fading fast.

Merry Christmas boys and gals. Let's hope someone has some guts and heart over there.

It's not the losing, but they're showing very little, and that's the most deflating part.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
At this point knowing we won't make the tourney we may as well root to tank so Ollie gets fired

I don't root for anything like that. I root for my team and my program to start back to winning consistently, however that happens.

I'm not rooting for a guy I love as a basketball figure to get fired. I just can't do that. But I'm not saying it's the wrong thing anymore ...

I just want it to change, that's the most important thing.

Reaction Score
I don't root for anything like that. I root for my team and my program to start back to winning consistently, however that happens.

I'm not rooting for a guy I love as a basketball figure to get fired. I just can't do that. But I'm not saying it's the wrong thing anymore ...

I just want it to change, that's the most important thing.

Bingo;)

Reaction Score
Merry Christmas everyone... looking for steady improvement, hopefully a healthy AG and maybe an upset here and there. I have tempered my expectations, time to play the spoiler and look/hope for a decent incoming class.

Reaction Score
My wife walks by the tv during the Auburn game, watches a few minutes and says “they really are a terible team”. She has zero basketball knowledge yet she understands that this is not a situation where the players just aren’t trying hard enough, not buying in. Understands more than our coach.

Reaction Score
The absolute best part of the boneyard are those who finally understand that KO isn't going to turn things around, yet continue to spew venom towards those who saw it much sooner.

Yeah, that makes lots of sense. Truly the theatre of the absurd.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Let me just make the point that in the post game press conference Bruce Pearl made it pretty clear they wanted to run up the score and not only beat UConn but beat them badly. Let that sink in. Should be motivation for the Huskies going forward and certainly in playing Auburn again whenever that may be.

Reaction Score
This play reminds me of the last Perno year before Calhoun
Yep, only thing missing is for a player to deal drugs on side and then kidnap another student at antique gunpoint.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom