Paige's new workout video | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige's new workout video

W

wolfe613

I’m glad Paige is at UConn, but She should seriously consider what Austin Mathews did and go play overseas and make money ???? until she’s WNBA draft eligible. Think of the endorsement deals she could have right now. Similar to Austin Mathews, playing in and against college level players (in particular against Big East level players) isn’t going to do much to improve her game. Austin played pro hockey in Austria until he was draft eligible for the NHL.
very cool to hear this take esp as an Nhl fan but sadly the salaries are why it just can't be the same, Matthews when he gets his big contract will get 8 mill a year, idk if Wnba even pays 2 mill to their best players a year

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Let’s just wait and see. I certainly hope you are right but I won’t believe that until they are both playing at UConn next fall. Not saying it can’t be true, just that the odds of having two consecutive shooters as good as Paige must be astronomical. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a better shooter as a freshman than Paige. So, it’s hard to accept these hyperbolic assertions that Azzi is a better shooter. I hope so, but I doubt it.
Paige and Azzi are the best recruits since Stewie. Remember that Azzi won 2 HS NPOY awards as a sophomore. She demolished the male competition in the 3-point contests at the Steph Curry camp. Think Kaleena. Or Paige. Or listen to Geno—“I’d love the game too if every shot I took went in.”

W

wolfe613

Paige and Azzi are the best recruits since Stewie. Remember that Azzi won 2 HS NPOY awards as a sophomore. She demolished the male competition in the 3-point contests at the Steph Curry camp. Think Kaleena. Or Paige. Or listen to Geno—“I’d love the game too if every shot I took went in.”
uh aren't those contests with no defenders on them? Not the same in real game when someone is defending you

Reaction Score
Let’s just wait and see. I certainly hope you are right but I won’t believe that until they are both playing at UConn next fall. Not saying it can’t be true, just that the odds of having two consecutive shooters as good as Paige must be astronomical. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a better shooter as a freshman than Paige. So, it’s hard to accept these hyperbolic assertions that Azzi is a better shooter. I hope so, but I doubt it.
There are people that know the game inside/out and have scouted both of these young ladies for years. Everyone of them that I've heard and read from all say Azzi is the better shooter. Does that mean she will perform under pressure to the level that Paige did as a freshman, that is what needs to be answered. However, the bball people all say Azzi is better.

Reaction Score
The season needs to get here right now! That was amazing. We can only hope the rest of the team puts in a level of practice close to this!

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
The ways she handles that ball is magical.

Reaction Score
not only has great range but her ability to use her strength to score from the mid range against contact is really impressive
Azzi is much more stronger than Paige. She has muscular legs. It's tough to guard her. Hopefully Paige will gain some weight during the off-season.

Reaction Score
I've been thinking similarly, and all I have is these various youtube videos to make any kind of comparison. But Paige just looks so smooth, and subtly explosive to me, and with better court vision. Takes the ball to the basket better. Fearless under pressure. Facilitator mixed with great scoring ability. Much more diverse than simply a "shooter". I see them as different types of players, and entirely complementary.

Reaction Score

Bueckers drove opponents crazy with her superb mid-range jumper but believe it or not, Fudd's is better and she has a better 3 point shot. KML good. She is also a shoot first guard.
I understood those who said they'd wait to see Bueckers when some of us were predicting what we saw when she was in HS and USA. Fudd is a different player, more of a silent assassin than Bueckers. But the talent and skill level is the same. If Bueckers' personality reminds some of Taurasi then Fudd will remind people of Moore.
How's that for hype?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bueckers drove opponents crazy with her superb mid-range jumper but believe it or not, Fudd's is better and she has a better 3 point shot. KML good. She is also a shoot first guard.
I understood those who said they'd wait to see Bueckers when some of us were predicting what we saw when she was in HS and USA. Fudd is a different player, more of a silent assassin than Bueckers. But the talent and skill level is the same. If Bueckers' personality reminds some of Taurasi then Fudd will remind people of Moore.
How's that for hype?
We’ll see!

Reaction Score
Azzi as a better shooter is certainly conventional wisdow. When Paige arrived at UConn the convential wisdom was she wasn't a 3 point shooter. I do think Azzi is a tad bit better shooter, but Paige will argue the point. ?

Actually Bueckers herself says that Fudd is the better shooter. If you sit through the "20 questions" video on youtube they are both asked what move they would use with 5 seconds left and down one. Fudd described her shot and Bueckers described a move that ended with a pass to Fudd who buries the jumper.

UConn is going to put on a show next season.

Reaction Score
Looked like she was working a bit on a step back off a screen. That would be fun to see!!!
Some more separation from elite defenders. She is always getting better and workin hard. She sets the tone for the team now.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
very cool to hear this take esp as an Nhl fan but sadly the salaries are why it just can't be the same, Matthews when he gets his big contract will get 8 mill a year, idk if Wnba even pays 2 mill to their best players a year

2 million? ???????
You have some homework to do, man. Thanks for your interest, though.

Reaction Score
I’m glad Paige is at UConn, but She should seriously consider what Austin Mathews did and go play overseas and make money ???? until she’s WNBA draft eligible. Think of the endorsement deals she could have right now. Similar to Austin Mathews, playing in and against college level players (in particular against Big East level players) isn’t going to do much to improve her game. Austin played pro hockey in Austria until he was draft eligible for the NHL.
It isn't always bout the money. I think winning National Championships here is the dream.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Seeing how Clark was just as good a shooter why is it hard to believe Fudd is not just as good or better? Have you watched Fudd shoot? In fact, Ducharme may be just as good as both and that would be three consecutive shooters.:)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Actually Bueckers herself says that Fudd is the better shooter. If you sit through the "20 questions" video on youtube they are both asked what move they would use with 5 seconds left and down one. Fudd described her shot and Bueckers described a move that ended with a pass to Fudd who buries the jumper.

UConn is going to put on a show next season.
Ah, that was just Paige doing her UConn recruiting. Seriously Paige has to be over the moon happy to have Azzi join her in the back court. Love to have them run little impromptu in game shooting contests.

Reaction Score
Seeing how Clark was just as good a shooter why is it hard to believe Fudd is not just as good or better? Have you watched Fudd shoot? In fact, Ducharme may be just as good as both and that would be three consecutive shooters.:)
I wouldn't judge any shooter as better ,until they do it in an Elite 8 game with Didi Richards guarding you. Until then, all comparisons are non sensical.

Reaction Score
How's that for hypeThis exactly what I've heard from those who has seen these kids for some time. amau

How's that for hype?
Maya 2.0 !! smooth athlete with a offensive arsenal..

Reaction Score
I wouldn't judge any shooter as better ,until they do it in an Elite 8 game with Didi Richards guarding you. Until then, all comparisons are non sensical.
They've been compared for years by people who probably know they game better than you..(just a hunch)

Reaction Score
Exactly, actually Caitlin Clark appears to be ever bit the player Paige is. The questions that still have to be answered about Azzi is she going to be a player that rises to the occasion in pressure situations. This is where Paige excelled as a freshman, as for bball skill Azzi rates as having a skill set just as good if not better by people who evaluates these kids for a living. That's not hyperbole, nonsensical, or far fetched. It's fact ..

Why some here are acting as if it's a knock on Paige to suggest that Azzi might be as good or better is silly...to be kind

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
That does not make sense because Didi Richards does not guard everybody. So you say if Didi has not guarded a player, that player is not good shooter?:confused:

Reaction Score
They've been compared for years by people who probably know they game better than you..(just a hunch)
Yeah, and all these so called experts ,like you, are on the BY.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom