Paige's new workout video | The Boneyard

Paige's new workout video

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Azzi as a better shooter is certainly conventional wisdow. When Paige arrived at UConn the convential wisdom was she wasn't a 3 point shooter. I do think Azzi is a tad bit better shooter, but Paige will argue the point. ?

MdStang

Greetings From Geezerville
Reaction Score
What a long off-season. Luckily we can watch some new video.

I think the big guy setting picks in the first 2 minutes and trying to guard Paige at the end is Hunter Dickinson (Dematha/Michigan).

Reaction Score
I think the big guy setting picks in the first 2 minutes and trying to guard Paige at the end is Hunter Dickinson (Dematha/Michigan).
Yeah he is Hunter Dickinson, another talented player.

Reaction Score
one really disappointing area Ms Bueckers apparently needs to work on is her foul shooting...............she only shot .869 from the foul line.............. I was expecting at least 90%...........hopefully she can rectify this shortcoming by next season......... :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
one really disappointing area Ms Bueckers apparently needs to work on is her foul shooting...............she only shot .869 from the foul line.............. I was expecting at least 90%...........hopefully she can rectify this shortcoming by next season......... :rolleyes:
That's like Geno working on improving ?his career win percentage to 90%.

Reaction Score
I’m glad Paige is at UConn, but She should seriously consider what Austin Mathews did and go play overseas and make money ???? until she’s WNBA draft eligible. Think of the endorsement deals she could have right now. Similar to Austin Mathews, playing in and against college level players (in particular against Big East level players) isn’t going to do much to improve her game. Austin played pro hockey in Austria until he was draft eligible for the NHL.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Your foul-shooting remark is tongue in cheek but I think 90% is a legit goal for her.
She got off to a 'slow' start early on and was in the mid-70's...perhaps after 1/3 of the season.
She hit her stride and I would make a large [but figurative] wager that she was at 90% for the last half of the year.
Someone who could fast break those stats [not me] might be able to prove/disprove my theory.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Your foul-shooting remark is tongue in cheek but I think 90% is a legit goal for her.
She got off to a 'slow' start early on and was in the mid-70's...perhaps after 1/3 of the season.
She hit her stride and I would make a large [but figurative] wager that she was at 90% for the last half of the year.
Someone who could fast break those stats [not me] might be able to prove/disprove my theory.
Yeah, Paige did seem to shoot FTs better late in the season after some "casual" misses early on. Looking at box scores in reverse chronological order:

Arizona 6-6

Baylor 5-6

Iowa 2-2

Cuse 9-9

High Point 5-6

That's 27-29 in the NCAA tourney. 93.1%

Marquette 0-0

Villanova 5-5

St. John's 2-2

That's 7-7 or 100% in the BET. Overall, the post-season FT shooting was 34-36, or 94.4%.

I expect to see her above 85% next year. Her BFF will give her crap is she's not at 90%.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Azzi as a better shooter is certainly conventional wisdow. When Paige arrived at UConn the convential wisdom was she wasn't a 3 point shooter. I do think Azzi is a tad bit better shooter, but Paige will argue the point. ?

I saw most of Paige's senior season games live or on tape and 10 of Azzi's games in person during her high school career. For the UConn season as a whole, Paige shot about as I expected. At her peak, when her 3-point percentage was about .570, I began to wonder if she might be a better shooter than Azzi. I still think Azzi is a little better, but not by much. I'm thinking we may have the 2 best shooters in the nation, and I'm not even considering Caroline Ducharme. Yes, count on it--Paige will argue that point. Or any other point. :)

Reaction Score
I saw most of Paige's senior season games live or on tape and 10 of Azzi's games in person during her high school career. For the UConn season as a whole, Paige shot about as I expected. At her peak, when her 3-point percentage was about .570, I began to wonder if she might be a better shooter than Azzi. I still think Azzi is a little better, but not by much. I'm thinking we may have the 2 best shooters in the nation, and I'm not even considering Caroline Ducharme. Yes, count on it--Paige will argue that point. Or any other point. :)
not only has great range but her ability to use her strength to score from the mid range against contact is really impressive

Reaction Score
Dawn's correct: she is "pretty good." I agree that she does seem to be filling out. She and Azzi together will be amazing. Can't wait.

Reaction Score
She is just amazing. That fluidity when shooting, sets her apart. What's crazy is that Azzi is a better shooter.
Let’s just wait and see. I certainly hope you are right but I won’t believe that until they are both playing at UConn next fall. Not saying it can’t be true, just that the odds of having two consecutive shooters as good as Paige must be astronomical. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a better shooter as a freshman than Paige. So, it’s hard to accept these hyperbolic assertions that Azzi is a better shooter. I hope so, but I doubt it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I’m glad Paige is at UConn, but She should seriously consider what Austin Mathews did and go play overseas and make money ???? until she’s WNBA draft eligible. Think of the endorsement deals she could have right now. Similar to Austin Mathews, playing in and against college level players (in particular against Big East level players) isn’t going to do much to improve her game. Austin played pro hockey in Austria until he was draft eligible for the NHL.
This sounds so stupid for a young girl to leave school early and skip on her education. She will make mucho money whenever she leaves. No rush !

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom